Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pickup Man - 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT Crew Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2014 in Chevrolet
imagePickup Man - 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT Crew Long-Term Road Test

Joe Diffie was right. There's just something women like about a pickup man: Namely that we, and the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado, can move a bunch of boxes with ease.

Read the full story here

Comments

• goaterguygoaterguy Member Posts: 64

"There is "just something women like about a pickup man.""
    Some guys fall in the "friend zone" but when you have a pick-up you fall in the "friend zone that can help me move" category... No thanks...

• kshankarkshankar Member Posts: 175

@goaterguy LOL LOL !!!

• quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827

Yeah, I'm the guy that gets roped into these situations every time. From home improvement to working on cars to moving, I'm somehow always there. For example, I've helped my neighbor fix his late 80's truck at 11pm in the snow, and taught my other neighbor how to do all the preventative maintenance on his Honda Element.

Pizza always makes it okay though, or barbecue. Hell, food in general.

• reminderreminder Member Posts: 383

Personally, helping out good friends is a must. When I say good friends, I mean the ones that would come and get you if you were in a jam any hour, any day, no questions asked. Usually only a couple friends will qualify.
    As far as moving stuff, I'd rather move somebody's stuff as apposed to my own.
    Once you deliver it, you get to drive away.
    The part I hate is putting the stuff away.

• adamb1adamb1 Member Posts: 122

Sometimes the spectacle of moving is fun. I helped a friend move and we put a fully assembled swing set on a 16' trailer behind my truck. We then lashed a 12' trampoline to the swing set vertically, tied it all down and hauled it through town taking care to split the traffic lights with the trampoline. Couldn't have gotten more looks of amazement if there had been pole dancers on the swing set.