Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Long-Term Road Test - Introduction

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2014 in Jaguar
image2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Long-Term Road Test - Introduction

We ordered a 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe to see if the sports car formula that produced the legendary E-Type could be reproduced today.

Read the full story here

Comments

• hank39hank39 Member Posts: 144

Wow...this should be a fun and interesting one to follow!

• throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445

Nice choice! And, thank you for getting a car with some color. This country is awash in a sea of greyish black, and white cars

• wizard8873wizard8873 Member Posts: 20

YES!!!

• fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512

Black wheels...so in other words, these photos don't show your car.

• kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863

Awesome. Please rack up the miles, I can't wait until I see some reliability/maintenance/repair figures.

• csubowtiecsubowtie Member Posts: 143

Nice color! It's cool you have it at the same time as the Corvette, it will be interesting to see the comparisons.

• darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606

Glad to see you put a modern Jaguar in your garage to evaluate how it performs & stands up relative to modern cars.

• cameronrcameronr Member Posts: 38

@fordson1 The photos accompanying this intro are of our long-term F-Type. Jaguar calls these wheels black. The outward-facing surfaces of the spokes and outer edge are silver; the other surfaces are black.

It is easiest to see the distinction by configuring an F-Type R Coupe on Jaguar's website.

http://www.jaguarusa.com/all-models/f-type/overview/index.html

EDMUNDS NEWS AND REVIEWS EDITOR
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512

Thanks. I was actually cringing thinking that this car would kinda replicate the bad-taste color palette of the Panther. The black on this car is much more understated than the gold was on the Chevy.

• joner800joner800 Member Posts: 80

hallelujah! my new favorite car (along with a good many other folks)! you guys have pretty good taste! cant wait to read the updates!