Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Scores Big in J.D. Power and Associates 2014 Apeal Study | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 5,833
edited July 25 in Hyundai
imageHyundai Scores Big in J.D. Power and Associates 2014 Apeal Study | Edmunds.com

Hyundai is the top-ranked non-premium brand in J.D. Power and Associates 2014 U.S. Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout or Apeal Study.

Read the full story here

Comments

• redgeminiparedgeminipa Posts: 17

I would rank my new 2014 Elantra GT pretty high. It seems Hyundai is listening to customers, since one of the biggest complaints about the 2013 was performance. The new 2.0L (mine has manual transmission) seems to be just right for this car. It's also nice they changed the Style package, which now includes leather seats, sportier suspension and LED taillights. It isn't perfect, but it's a solid 9+.

• greg128greg128 Posts: 346

After reading the articles and the results of the 3 JD Power surveys: Initial Quality, Appeal and Dependability survey The results are surprisingly positive for GM.

Combining the winners of each category in the 3 surveys the results are as follows:

MB: 1 winner

VW-Audi, Mini-BMW, Mazda, & Porsche: 3 winners each

Nissan-Inf: 4 winners

Chrysler, & Ford: 5 each

Kia-Hyundai: 7

Honda-Acura: 8

Toy-Lex-Scion: 9

GM: 15

• whatfuturewhatfuture Posts: 42

The 2014 went to the larger motor, which is needed. Manual will increase your MPG and my guess is you have fewer gadgets in the vehicle (that's less to break down). Is JD Powers independent like Consumer Reports? Many moons ago, I learned Motor Trend and Car and Driver were not neutral but this may have changed.