Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2011-'12 Dodge Charger Probed by Feds After Complaints of Alternator Failure | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2014 in Dodge
image2011-'12 Dodge Charger Probed by Feds After Complaints of Alternator Failure | Edmunds.com

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has opened an investigation into an estimated 123,000 2011-'12 Dodge Charger cars after consumer complaints of alternator failure.

Read the full story here

Comments

• pureclassicpureclassic Member Posts: 12

Why would any car maker await government involvement before addressing an event at the 100K+ event occurrence level? Seems fixing your own problems is not a core value amongst the auto industry.

• speed6erspeed6er Member Posts: 1

It hasn't occurred 100k times. It says only 14 alleged incidents in over 123k cars.

• volcano1volcano1 Member Posts: 1

It happened to me today and I got stuck in the middle of an intersction.

• takishkatakishka Member Posts: 1
    I'm so disappointed my first dodge vehicle 2011 dodge charger purchased a thermastat and replaced it now battery saver mode pops up I have only made three payments on this car if it is a recall and all these people are complaining about the same thing why want they just fix it I don't have extra money to buy this I haven't even had the car six months I need answers I can't even get back and forth to work I gotta pay someone to take me which I don't have the extra money just feeling depressed