Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited Dash Cracking

floridastevefloridasteve Member Posts: 13
edited September 2014 in Toyota

Jusr wondering if anyone has experienced their dash cracking. Car is always garaged when not in use. Dealer not interested in investigating. The general area is above the glove compartment. Just when the crack appeared to complete it's course another one has formed.

Thanks for reading.

Answers

• eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    it's annoying but it is normal to occur in almost any car, especially in southwest USA. surely the car has been parked in the sun on hot days enough times since 2008 ?
    (sunlight is rough stuff - i hear that even the famous "tan mom" stays out of the sun nowadays)
  • djohnson1djohnson1 Member Posts: 54

Jusr wondering if anyone has experienced their dash cracking. Car is always garaged when not in use. Dealer not interested in investigating. The general area is above the glove compartment. Just when the crack appeared to complete it's course another one has formed.

Thanks for reading.

Florida is worse than Virginia, where I live. I use a sunscreen during the summers that I got from Walmart. When I park the car in the summer, I put it up to block the sun from hitting the dash. It also keeps the car much cooler and is better for the seats too. But Honestly, I've got a 98 Ford Taurus that has been parked outside for years with no signs of any cracking in dash. That shouldn't happen. A Friend of mine in Tampa had a dash crack on his car years ago from the sun. The best thing for you is to Google "Toyota Avalon dash mat." Many places will sell you a mat that should give you an exact fit for your car, or you could call up a local auto store and they might be able to order one for you. Shouldn't be too expensive. Good luck!
  • djohnson1djohnson1 Member Posts: 54
    @Floridasteve Just got a Warranty Enhancement Notification - ZE6 from Toyota. If you have a cracked or sticky/melted dashboard, or at least for my 2006 Avalon and many others I'm sure, they will replace it free up to 10 years from your first use of the vehicle if it resulted from heat or humidity. This warranty enhancement covers used vehicles too, from the way I read it. It expires 10 years from your first use of the vehicle. For more info, Google for "Warranty Enhancement ZE6" and you should get results. Also, contact Toyota for more info and to see if your vehicle is covered. Great news for Toyo owners. If your vehicle is too old or not covered, you can take a carpet reminant with rubber backing and cut it to fit on your dash if you don't want to spend $ for a retail dash mat. Toyota is a great company!