Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Secret Squirrel Seat Storage - 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2014 in Jeep
imageSecret Squirrel Seat Storage - 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.com conducts a long-term test of a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited and discovers its secret cargo-carrying storage area under the front passenger seat

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    hybrishybris Member Posts: 365

I would use a nook like that to store extra magazines for my CCW.

• Options
    legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599

As long as this doesn't break or turn into a bunch of rattly plastic after 20,000 miles, I'm all for the extra storage space. An earlier post dinged the Cherokee for not having a lot of storage nooks but this is definitely a plus.

• Options
    cah11705cah11705 Member Posts: 12

It's a great idea, but at least from what I've seen in the Dart, it does make a little noise, sounding cheap. Would be a good place for something like a small umbrella I'd imagine.

• Options
    sviseksvisek Member Posts: 35

I agree with "hybris." Would make a perfect hiding place for a pistol when on the road, out of sight but within easy reach in an emergency.
    I would note that it the storage seat isn't available with the Luxury package because then the seat is heated and cooled. Personally I'd love that tech for MY seat, but would like the option of the storage seat for the passenger seat. I guess if I bought one I could always switch out the seats.