Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Grand Cherokee starting problems - told it's the Fuel Pump Relay Circuit - wiring repair kit.

katjeep11katjeep11 Posts: 7
edited August 5 in Jeep

I have a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee with less than 35,000 miles on it. Last week my car decided not to start. The first (trusted) mechanic was 90% sure it was the TIPM but wanted me to take it to the dealership since it was such a new car and they weren't 100% sure. The dealership told me today that it's not the TIPM but a problem with the Fuel Pump Relay Circuit which I think they said communicates with the TIPM. There is a wiring repair kit that has come out to fix this and parts and labor will cost around $340.00.

Has anyone else had this issue and gone with the the wiring repair kit option? I know that if a recall comes out that it will be covered. Just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing the same problem and given this solution.

Comments

• sbb3sbb3 Posts: 1

our 11 does that in the morning or after sitting all day, i need sometimes to try and start it 4 or 5 times before it goes. it does crank normally

• mattlapmattlap Posts: 0

Had the same issue on my 2011 JGC Laredo about a month ago (and out of warranty)...told it was the Fuel Pump Relay Circuit. Dealer advised there was a workaround rather than replacing the whole motherboard (Roughly $1000 cost) by using a add on circuit...ended up being a $400 repair bill.

Car would start to turnover and then stop and then also "cough" a few times...not a consistent problem at first, but rapidly became an issue.