Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuel Economy Update for July - 2014 Volkswagen Passat TSI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 5,833
edited August 5 in Volkswagen
imageFuel Economy Update for July - 2014 Volkswagen Passat TSI Long-Term Road Test

July fuel efficiency update for the 2014 Volkswagen Passat TSI shows Edmunds.com's long-term Passat delivering record 34.5 MPG trip during its busiest month ever.

Read the full story here

Comments

• dgcamerodgcamero Posts: 62

If you tell them your fuel economy is consistently off on your trip computer when you take it in for service, they should be able to correct that for ya.

• emajoremajor Posts: 193

1 mpg error would concern me not one bit, especially at 32mpg where it means diddly-squat. Nice to see the large Passat pulling in some decent numbers on that turbo engine; several Golf reviews have returned disappointing mpg results with this engine.

• _wraith__wraith_ Posts: 9

I'm assuming Golf reviewers are going to hoon it a bit more than one would in a long term Passat review, so low mpg during review driving isn't surprising.

It's worth noting that the 2015 Passat is rated 24/36 w/ 1.8T + automatic, vs. the 2014's 24/34. Not sure if this is due to a change in the car or a change in testing.

• My 2014 VW Passat TSI averaged 37.3 MPG on our vacation 930 miles long trip last week.