Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rovernut3rovernut3 Posts: 11
    First, what is the MSRP of the car? Then what is the invoice? Nissan is advertising MRSP of $28000 and selling for $25000 which is a lease of $309.
  • itchitch Posts: 2
    I was quoted $474.00 , 36 mth. 17K Lease. Sticker is $32K. I want to be close to $400. Is this reasonable?

Also, when do the 2006's come out??

itch
  • thenebeanthenebean Posts: 1,124
    were you putting any money down on the lease (covering inception costs, etc?) if you are, then that price seems awfully high to me. if not, then it may be right in the range - i'd have to calculate it out when i have a minute. i think you can get to $400 easily if you put down the inception fees - otherwise, the dealer has to roll them into the cap cost of the vehicle, and it shoots up your payment.

as far as the 06's - we have no news as of yet - i would guess they would be coming out in august-october time frame...but thats me guessing...

hope that helped!

-thene :)
  • ggesqggesq Posts: 701
    Hey guys,

I'm in the market for an SE Maxima with DPP- Automatic or Stick. What should I pay for this car? Any help would be appreciated.

Also, what is a good price for an SE with the Sensory Package- Auto or Stick? Thanks.

Regards,
    Joe
  • nberkelnberkel Posts: 5
    Hello!

Does anyone know when the 2006 Maxima's are coming out? I am thinking of leasing an '05 and I can't help but think it might be worth waiting a few more months and be able to get a better deal on the 2005 model once the 06's come out. Does anyone have any feedback on that?

Thanks!

Nikki
    Sorry for the duplication - just realized the 06 question had already been asked!

Thanks,

Nikki
    nikki,

when it comes to leasing, it's usually not your best interest to get a "last years" model. the way leasing works (and you can find out more details in the leasing questions forum) is that the car is estimated to be worth xx% of its original MSRP after x number of months. if you are looking at an 05 vs. and 06, that percentage will be higher on an 06 by virtue of the fact that it is a year newer. if you want to pull the trigger on a lease, either get an 05 now, or wait for the 06 models - but i wouldnt recommend leasing an 05 when the 06's are out.

hope that helps!

Wow - thanks for setting me straight! I will got check out that leasing questions forum. I drove a Maxima for the first time last weekend - OH SO NICE!!

Thanks again!!

Nikki
    no problem! if you were buying, thats another story however ;-) but leasing you generally do better on cars that are newer - or at least the newer model year (05 vs. 06)

that leasing forum will be able to answer your questions even better than i could!

good luck! the Maxima really is a nice car!

• alexmax3alexmax3 Posts: 1
    If anyone can shed some light on a realistic lease term for a fully loaded
    SE 05 with driver prefered package, excluding navigation.

Thanks,
    Alex
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,851
    You should visit our Lease Questions - Ask Here discussion and post as many details as possible to get help. Car_man will need to know how long you want to lease for, annual mileage, what part of the country you're shopping in, and any other details you can provide.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• puncherpuncher Posts: 12
    Hi Thene,
    I would love to have your thoughts on this deal.
    I got this quote back in February.
    In your opinion how much can I expect to pay now?
    Thanks for your help Thene.
    We need a guru to help us through these confusing times.
    Can you tell all of us again your back ground?

Current Configuration

Vehicle Description (08715)
    2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL
    Current Configuration

2005 MAXIMA 3.5 SL 4DR AUTO

Invoice MSRP
    BASE $26,929 $29,450

FLOOR MATS $113 $150
    SGD $92 $120
    SPLASH GUARDS
    SRF
    POWER SUNROOF $780 $900
    TC1 $0 $0
    TRACTION CONTROL
    50S $0 $0
    50 STATE EMISSION
    Freight Charge $560 $560
    Total $28,474 $31,180

Sale Price

$27,974

Sales Tax (varies by state)
    Tag Fees (varies by state)
    Subtotal
    Down Payment/ Rebates
    (college grad, factory rebate, etc.)
    <$1,000>
    Total Out The Door Price (excludes taxes & tags)

$26,974

Thanks again.
    Puncher
    puncher,

i've been in sales nearly 2 years - certainly not as long as some other veterans who frequent this board, but enough to know some of the inner workings of a dealership, some of the myths, and some of the realities!

as far as that deal, if you are saying the selling price (before tax, reg, fees, etc) is $500 below invoice, you have a great deal - no question about it! on that maxima, there is maybe $700 in holdback max, so the dealer gave you everything but $200 bucks. plus the rebate, and you are getting an awesome deal!

currently the rebate is $1500 on the Maxima, so if that is your number from february, it will be better now. dont expect too much more (if any) on the maxima as far as rebates - it is nissan's flagship and they wont try to kill resale by blowing those outta here.

good luck!

Thanks Thene,
    I will let all know what happens with the current quote I have requested.
    Thene
    Me again,
    Well they came back with a new (current) quote that includes the additional $500 rebate. And the new quote is "Out The Door Price (excludes taxes & tags)
    $26,381"
    Good deal ay? :shades:
    sounds great!

after friday though, i wont have any more inside info - i am resigning - turns out all the people i loved working with have left/been fired/ with this new change of ownership...

time to move on!

good luck with your purchase!

-thene :shades:
    Well Well Well,
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!
    New people, new places, a new adventure!
    The way I understand it moving around kind of goes with the job.
    You are lucky to have the kind of career that you can move around so freely. Most don't
    Good luck to you Thene.
    Puncher
    puncher,

not my career - it was an experience, but i certainly don't want to stay in car sales. i went to school for graphic design, but the market has been tough :-(

i liked cars, decided to give it a try, and learned a whole lot from it. now its time to move on to something else. i'll still be around to give advice, just cant run leases, etc anymore :-P

thanks though puncher!

• Hi Thenebean:

I live in Atlanta, GA. I configured a 2005 Maxima SE w/manual on Carsdirect.com and the quoted price was $28,416 before taxes and junk fees. Options included the Elite package. Can I get a better deal than this?

Thanks,

ConRua
    conrua,

i dont have the numbers in front of me, but considering to get the elite package you need pretty much everything else below it, id say you're getting a great price! enjoy your maxima!

• viva1966viva1966 Posts: 1
    Hello Thenebean (and others who might have an answer),

I hope to purchase a 2005 Maxima SE within the next week. The only options I have added are rear spoiler, mud guards, and floor mats. I have contacted 12 Nissan dealers in the Houston, TX area and the MSRP ranges from $28,269 to $28,640. The price quotes that I have received range from $24,546 to $24,840 plus TT&L. Most of the prices include a $1500 rebate and a $2500 dealer discount. Is this the best price that I can get on this vehicle. Also is it possible to negotiate on the gold extended warranty? How much is it normally? Also can you negotiate a complimentary loaner car for appropriate scheduled maintenance and/or free oil changes in your purchase deal?

The last time we purchased a vehicle in 1997 we were completely ripped off. I don't want that to happen this time. I want to make the best decision and do what I need to do to get the best offer. And believe it or not, I actually had one dealer offer me the quote at MSRP and another just pull a quote out of his hat at $100 or $200 above invoice as he stated. Thank you in advance for any assistance that you can offer!

Sincerely,
    Need Help
  • hartthartt Posts: 79
    Local dealer is offering an '05 Maxima SE with DPP, sunroof, mats and chrome wheels for $349 a month (plus tax) for 3/36,000 miles with $1999 down.
    The sticker on this car is just slightly over $34K. I'm not sure how much of the 2K is cap cost but it seems like a pretty good deal.
    I wouldn't want to put any more down than the required fees. What do you guys/gals think?
    Thanks for the input.
    seems like a very fair price - as far as loaner cars, you are better off to find a dealer that already offers them as a perk - some dealerships do, some dont. if you dont have a price from them, offer them the prices you have, and see if they'll match, then you'll have the loaner cars as an added bonus!

as far as the warranty, it is negotiable - however i dont have the numbers or markup for warranties - just so you know, the warranties through nissan went through a price hike about 2 months ago, so they aren't cheap!

good luck!

• brian211brian211 Posts: 69
    Was looking at a maxima SL with a msrp of 31,880.00. Has sunroof 900.00. Floormats 150, driver preference 800.00 and splash guards 120. Dealer with all rebates is asking 27,025.00. Can I get him any lower.? Claims I'm paying invoice less 2000 in rebates. Has he got more room to get the price lower. Thanks.
    rebates are only $1500 - and there is about $760 in holdback on a car like that, maybe $800. if you can get yourself to invoice, or below, i'd consider that a fair deal and move on. no need to stress over possibly getting another hundred or two

life is too short!

enjoy your maxima!

• brian211brian211 Posts: 69
    Thanks. Had gone to dealership with intent on looking at pathfinder. I know someone who owns mitsubishi, chrysler,jeep,dodge, toyota and nissan dealers here in nyc. Wanted a 4x4. But with gas at 270 a gallon and seeing how big they are, they suggested a maxima and proposed above deal, msrp 31880 for 27025. How does a maxima perform in snow? Also I noticed blind spots looking through rear view mirror and the slopping hood, can't see it actually from behind the wheel, unnerves me a bit. Anybody have something to ease my concerns. Also, I'm driving my old 87 monte carlo. These new cars with all thw gizmos and gadgits and computers make me nervous. Still think 27025.00 is a bit much. Saw jeeps and envoys at over 33 selling for 25 and 26. I know nissan doesn't cut prices as much but I think I can do better.
    american cars tend to have a bigger markup, and bigger rebates, which is why you can get a bigger discount (is it just me, or do americans like big? :P )

anyways, i still think your price is very aggressive - as far as snow, it is a front wheel drive car, and will perform fine, so long as you arent driving through snowdrifts, or driving carelessly.

as far as the blind spots - a lot of cars these days have a sloping hood so you cant see the front end - its just something you gotta get used to..

good luck!

• highrollerhighroller Posts: 351
    My 96 Maxima didn't pass for inspection a couple days ago. I went to a Castrol GTX oil change service station to get my inspection and they print out a report stating specifically what i needed which was 2 O2 sensors and a knock sensor. The service rep. at Nissan dealership told me that in order to pass for inspection, i would need the sensors which cost me about $900 and i would also need to buy a idle air control valve costing about $180 and also told me that i needed new spark plugs so that i can pass the inspection. After fixing my sensors, i went back to the Castrol place to reinspect for free, and they said everything was fine. Basically i got hustled into buying the spark plugs and control valve for nothing. This is bad news i know but i just thought i should share it with you guys. Oh yeah, i think im getting a new used car in the near future =)
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,851
    I see you found our Nissan Maxima Owners: Problems & Solutions discussion, which is the best place to talk about repair issues.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• cubs10cubs10 Posts: 1
    Hello all...just back with an offer from the dealer...New 05' Maxima with DPP, Sunroof, Mats and Mudflaps. MSRP $32,750. Dealer Price $28,000 w/all rebates included. Is this a good deal, or should I keep workin' it??

Thanks for your help.