Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Hello,
    I'm new to this forum but am considering a lease on either a Maxima or Avalon. I may go with the Maxima because well equipped it is a lot less than The Limited. I was amused by the one post where the guy seemed like he was in the exact same situation as I am. He even used the term "consolation prize" when referring to the Maxima that he bought. However after a week of driving the car he seemed very pleased. I have a 2002 Avalon and would not even consider another except for the fact it's been redesigned and much more powerful. Anyway, my real question concerns "invoice pricing". Can one believe that the invoice pricing they find on Edmunds, is accurate? I also looked at the column "what others are paying" and assumed that's where I needed to be bargaining from. Is that correct? Also are there any rebates right now on the Maxima? I'm in the Atlanta area. Thanks!!!
  • thenebeanthenebean Posts: 1,124
    rebate on the max is $1500 right now. as far as the invoice on edmunds, it should be right or close to - depending on equipment. what others are paying is a great place to start, it lets you know that at that price, you are not overpaying, but also not getting the lowest possible price. for some people, thats all they care about. fair deal, no hassle, happy experience.

good luck!

-thene :)
  • :mad: unless you want to go to the dealer every month i would not recommend you get the 05 max. Bought mine in October and i have changed my radio 2 times and my front shocks once going on my second time next week. dont buy lease the max or buy the new Avalon the 06 are very very nice
    your problems on the maxima are not commonplace for all maximas. sorry you've had such bad problems though! good luck!

• bcokbcok Posts: 2
    I am a first time car buyer. I contacted a dealer who gave me a price of $28,000 for the 2005 Maxima SL with the options listed below:

Driver preferred Package, Traction control system, Vehicle dynamic control, power glass sunroof, colored splash guards, DVD navigation system

Is this a good price or should I work him down some? Any helpful response would be greatly appreciated. Thanx
  • I'm contemplating this purchase...

2000 Maxima GLE
    Fully loaded
    3 small cosmetic scuffs on paint
    somewhat dirty interior (mostly carpet stains)
    102K miles
    $8500 ($9500 after dealer BS fees and taxes)

The only problem is the engine seems sluggish. When I punched the gas, the car's RPM's didn't jump. I've heard 5th Gen Maximas have MAF problems (which can cause slower acceleration), and I'm hoping this is the only cause. Do any of yall know what the sluggish response could be a result of? It would be great to have some problems in mind to check before considering the purchase. The dealer said they would check it out and make the necessary repairs at no cost to me, but I want to watch my [non-permissible content removed] and my checkbook before spending my money.
  • I was a bit confused about the term "$2500 dealer discount". Is this the same as the difference between MSRP and Invoice...so in otherwords you were getting Invoice minus the rebate and some of the dealer holdback? I just wanted to know to what extent I should be negotiating from and if getting Invoice minus rebate and some portion of holdback would be a good deal.

Thanks for all your help! :)
  • leonivleoniv Posts: 120
    I would suggest taking it out for another test drive, then while out, going to see a trusty mechanic and let him look it over. Shouldn't cost more than $50-75 and should be enough to CYA. Good luck.
    that looks like more than a fair price to me! go get it!!!

• nexofanexofa Posts: 31
    I'm just starting to look for a Maximna lease, and have never leased before so I'm unsure of myself.

I saw an advertised lease deal of $309/mo, $2000 down, 42 months, 12k miles/yr. for the base Maxima SE. I went to a dealer, who had me test-drive a demo SE with Driver Preferred Pkg, sunroof, premium sound, etc (but no Nav. Sys) and 2500 miles on it. He said he would do the $309 lease deal on this car (presumably the added cost of the extras would be canceled out by the 2500 miles already on the car. Is this a good deal?

Thanks for your input...

-T.
  • Hi,

I just bought a 2004 Maxima SE 6 Speed with the Sensory Package (Leather,Bose 6Disc) and Sunroof (original MSRP was probably around $31,600) for $20,300. Miles were kinda high at 38950 so I did get a 5/60 (so up to about 99K miles) Nissan Extended Warranty for $1150, bringing total price to $21450.

Seemed like a decent deal at the time and 6 speeds (which I wanted) seemed rare to find in a New '05 with all the rebates, so I went with it.

Does anyone think I got totally hosed? If I had to do it over again I think I'd wait and try to find a new one -- especially since I think I would have liked the extra headroom with a Skyview rather than sunroof.

Whaddya think?
  • Hello everyone.

I am looking to buy a 2005 Maxima 3.5SL.

I was wondering if anyone would care to share what they paid for their maxima in Ohio.

I have determined from reading posts on this forum that people have been getting pretty good deals on the maxima (as much as $2000 off invoice without counting the rebate).
  • movermover Posts: 1
    Does anyone know what the Nissan Employee Pricing Program and why are they not offering it to the public like many of the other car manufacturers?
  • bill1000bill1000 Posts: 38
    I just bought a 2005 Maxima using the vendor program (not as good as the employee one). Anyway, you pay a few hundred under invoice before rebates. You can probably do as well just haggling but I didn't feel like it so I took a fair price with the program.
    $2000 off invoice sounds a bit high. A few hundred under seems more likely.
  • when you say few hundred $ under invoice, is this including the infamous "destination/ dealer fee"? or not?
  • anyone been quoted by a dealer for 2006 Maxima SL? Interested to see if anyone has been successful in being quoted at, or below invoice. Debating on 05 around $27k, or 06 around $28k.
  • He may have made up for it in the residual value. The residual on the base SE according to the disclaimer on the website is $14320 + $150 fee. Is your purchase option more than this? If not I'd say you got a good deal. Either way, if you're planning on turning the car in, sounds like a good deal.

Tom
    Here's the details -

Vendors program: Invoice - 2.87% + 2.5%(dealer fee) = Net price
    example invoice $30,0000 = net price of $29,867

Employee program: Invoice - 4.3% + 0%(dealer fee) = Net price
    $30000 = $28,710

Of course, TT&L is not included as well as any delear installed add-ons.

In my case, I paid around $140 under invoice for a 05 3.5SL. I felt that was a fair price without spending hours haggling.
  • I just took delivery of a brand new Onyx 05 SL with DPP, Mats, Splash guards, Sunroof and VDC, I got it all for $26,500 :) + taxes, tags, etc.
  • Does anyone know what the current factory to dealer incentives/carryover allowances are in your region for the Maxima?

I'm curious how some people on this forum have managed to get deals that are 1000 less than invoice without even counting the rebate.
    they arent doing employee pricing because they dont have to. people will buy nissans at the price they are at, why reduce it anyways? just doesnt make good business sense. honda toyota or any other foreign car manufacturers havent done it either, just the american ones...

• got a demo 2005 maxima SL for $26700 with 4800 miles on it (after $1500 rebate, excluded tax, title and destination charge). msrp $31880 that has Driver preferred Package, Traction control system, Vehicle dynamic control, power glass sunroof, and splash guards. Was it a good deal?

- bobo
  • "I just took delivery of a brand new Onyx 05 SL with DPP, Mats, Splash guards, Sunroof and VDC, I got it all for $26,500 + taxes, tags, etc."

thats a great price in my opinion...can you give me any more details on your deal so I can see what I can get in Cali? I was seeing around 29K so I am interested to know how you got it soo low.
  • Dealer in Orlando, Florida gave me a quote of $30, 711 on a 2005 Maxima SL with Sunroof, Drivers Prefered Package, NAV, Splash Guards and Mats. Good Offer or should I push a little more ?

Patriot
  • Patriot

You should be able to get an 05 Maxima at (or slightly below) invoice....then take either the better finance rate (currently 2% for 36mo or 4% for 48 or 60mo) OR an additional $1500 cash back. Assuming the sticker on the vehicle you described, above, is about $33,220 (includes destination, but not TTL, etc) - the invoice should be about $30,300.

If you take the cash back (instead of the rate)...invoice is about $28,800.

Good luck (the heated steering wheel is the best!!)
  • gspgsp Posts: 5
    Is this a good package deal for 2005 Maxima SL
    Options:
    DRIVER PREFERRED PKG
    COLORED SPLASH GUARDS
    FLOOR MATS/TRUNK MAT
    moonroof
    MSRP $32000
    Purchase price $27100 (2nd counter offer from them)
    trade-in:
    But I am only getting $2400 for a 98 camry with 130k miles..I put $2200 early this year into it

Any thoughts on how to get them down a bit more on the price?? or should I keep the camry for another year and deal for a 06 Maxima

Is ther more room to neg down??
  • The purchase price on the car seems fair to me....about $500 below invoice after the $1500 rebate - but - I can't tell you about the trade (model? 4cyl vs. 6cyl, options, etc). The 2006 has Bluetooth capability, if that's important to you.

You can work up a fair trade-in price for the camry at KBB.com or similar website and judge for yourself. Personally, I'd rather drive a Maxima over a camry ANY day. ;)

Good luck!

- 4-time Maxima owner
  • gspgsp Posts: 5
    Thanks for the reply

My camry LE is 4cyl with cd player only option. I am going back and forth between the Avalon and Maxima. Which one would win the debate as to the mechanical problems and resale value...which one is better???

Do you think there will be a greater rebate in Oct for the 05's ie around $1750 or $2000??
    Thanks for input!!!!
  • promikepromike Posts: 35
    Trying to decide between Maxima and Acura TL. Can buy '06 Maxima for invoice less $1000 rebate. Best deal on '06 Acura is about $1000 over invoice. Can't beleive that Nissan already has $1000 rebate on '06s. Is there something that I don't know?