Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jinsatxjinsatx Posts: 5
    Steevo,

When I did the math, I was better off taking the 1250 rebate and 4% interest for 60 months than taking the 2% Nissan financing and no rebate.
  • sschumersschumer Posts: 19
    I'm directing this to the informative and candid Connecticut-based Nissan Internet Salesman who frequents this board. HELP!!! After months of research, I decided I want to buy a Nissan 2005 Maxima SL (in Bronze w/Cafe Latte interior) with Moonroof, VDC, Sirius radio (and floor mats and splash guards). So I contact two area dealers here in central NJ and they tell me they don't have any '05 Maximas (of any color combo) with VDC that don't come with the $800 Driver Preferred Package (DPP), which I absolutely don't want. And they say none available in whole Northeast the way I want. I tell them I'm willing to place a factory order, but they state the car cannot be ordered with VDC w/out DPP. I shared I'm confused because the '05 brochure says the only pre-req for VDC is auto trans and a moonroof. And I kick in that Nissan Consumer Affairs HQ in CA confirmed to me that the official Product Guide says the same. Their response is both the brochure and Nissan Consumer Affairs are wrong. And they tell me if I don't place a factory order by end of this week, it'll be too late to place for a '05. I really don't want to believe that because I want the important VDC safety feature, Nissan would force me to buy an $800 (MSRP) add-on I have no interest in -- especially if I'm willing to factory order it. Boy, if I can't get this car the way I want, I think I'm resigned to look at something else. Any possible insight/suggestions?
  • thenebeanthenebean Posts: 1,124
    sschumer,

sorry to say, but the salesperson is right - there are no maximas with VDC without DPP in the northeast currently. as far as ordering, i cant be sure, but i would check with another dealership as well (i am at home now, but i can check tomorrow for you at work!) nissan usually makes vehicles equipped the most popular way (and usually for some reason they think vdc goes with dpp). i am not sure about ordering ending this week, i actually checked with the sales manager that does all the ordering today, and he said he wasnt sure when 05 ordering was going to close out. call to a couple of dealerships around you and see what they say regarding ordering what you are looking for. maybe the other dealership is just trying to get you to buy one from stock (which dealers always like to do)

i'll check tomorrow at work, and let me know what other dealers say when you call! good luck!

-thene :)
    Thene, did check with another few dealers, only one appeared to actually check if the configuration I want was factory orderable. And they said it is not. Did you find anything different?
    no luck here :-( - sorry sschumer! its one of those freak nissan things i guess. we'll come across those sometimes...

like now the 3.5SE Altima is no longer available in a 5speed manual for the rest of the year...nuts!

• jinsatxjinsatx Posts: 5
    Yes, you cannot get the VDC package without the DPP package. Not only that, you also have to get the sunroof. I've just bought an SE with the VDC and it has DPP and the sunroof, but I wanted those anyway. As far as I can tell, I got the only 2005 left in the San Antonio/Austin area with the VDC package. These are real hard to find as most people don't think it's worth the $600 as you and I do, so the dealers don't order them.
    Thanks much Thenebean and Jinsatx. I need to noodle on this, but the two-page article on VDC in the April Consumer Reports annual auto issue provides a very compelling case for getting VDC. Says it's such an important safety feature it'll be standard in all cars by 2010, but today most consumers and even dealers don't fully understand its function and importance.

Thenebean: Any idea when you guys get insight into changes coming with the '06 Maximas? Any chance Nissan might make VDC standard, or separate it from DPP, therefore allowing me to consider waiting a few months to purchase?
  • ronmexicoronmexico Posts: 7
    Has anyone been able to find out what incentives Nissan is offering on Maxima's and Altima's during May? April's Cash Back/Financing deals expired May 2, but I haven't seen any updates. Thene - any input?

Thanks all!
    ronmexico,

rebates stayed the same, but the financing has gone up 1% for 60 months. it stayed the same through 36, and went up 1% for 48 and 60.

hope that helped!

-thene
  • steevosteevo Posts: 330
    Scored a Maxima SE with DPP,Sunroof, Xenons, and Factory XM.
    Sticker 32880..Invoice 29881.
    Thanks EVERYONE for sharing your pricing experiences.
    Here is a repost of what I replied to someone asking in the Leasing forum..

I paid 8.75% Tax(NY LI yikes!!) ,aquisition, and 200 in MV fees difference to actual registration amount to be refunded. Was about 2400 dollars.(I had trade value which ate those costs..I negotiated deal by Email through Internet Sales guy without mentioning Trade. Terry at the Trade Forum here gave great advice on real world trade in value..Thanks Terry!)
    I email negotiated using the April Lease numbers from Car_Man. I never gave the payment amount, just the terms. I had worked the numbers myself so I would know what a good offer would be. They emailed me back 378 + 2400 out of pcket and a residual number 1 point lower than I used. My calculations using April was 375.61 PRE tax they were 378.98 but they never disclosed the new MF and I never asked..but they were 52% residual. 036mnths/15k per NMAC lease.
    All in all a nice deal!

Go to the Maxima Prices Paid board to get an idea what people are paying in your area. I will repost this there where it probably belongs anyway.
    Good Luck!
  • mukeshmukesh Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I just purchased 2005 Maxima SE last night and paid 23k for it( Also lifetime free oil change warrenty free). It dosen't have nevigation system or aut seat adjustment etc but it is nicely equipped with dula AC and all othe statndard gadgets. Anyway the delership is DarCar Nissan in Rockville, Maryland. Great people great price.
    Damn! Traction Control was important to me. Nisans literature and Website indicate that TCS is STANDARD on the 2005 Maxima. Mine doesn't have it. Never looked for it, never talked to dealer about it since I had already researched new cars and Nissan indicated it was standard.
    Turns out that it is only in 2005s that came off assembly line after November of 04. Of course mine was built in September! I wish I knew as this was an important feature to me and I would have checked for it and could have picked another off the lot.
    Any Nissan people on this board encounter this before?
    :mad: ............ :mad: ........... :mad: ............. :mad: . :mad:
    nissan will do that sometimes - a vehicle is already on the assembly line, and they decide to add something to the vehicle after some have already been built. nothing you can do about it now unfortunately! if it makes you feel any better, the price on a 2005 maxima with the TCS actually is a higher base price than the ones without...

so in essence you would still be paying for it...

-thene
    Any experience with TCS on this car? Its FWD so I assume fairly good in the snow anyway. I also have a 2005 Pathfinder LE with VDC and it is definately worth it on an SUV.
    BTW, I am pretty impressed with the car.
    Mine is Majestic Blue with Frost leather, DPP,Sensory,Xenons,power moonroof,Factory XM. Car looks very sharp and rides great.
  • jmiravjmirav Posts: 16
    Basically, I want the 2005 Maxima SL, with driver preferred package, traction control and sunroof. I live in Eastern Pa. The MSRP is $32,150 and I have a price of $27,325 (after my $1250 back). I am not sure what the invoice is on this ?
    Can someone tell me whether this is a good deal? and what the invoice price is?

Thanks
    you are $750 below invoice on that car (though its weird, on my locator, there are no cars with an MSRP of $32150, but all of them are $32180...)

anyways, needless to say, you have a great deal going there!

• jconnor1jconnor1 Posts: 1
    I'm getting ready to sign a lease on a Nissan Maxima SL and I want to know if the numbers look right. I may not have all the info you need to be able to assess.
    2005 Maxima SL with DPP. Sticker Price is $32,750.
    $395.00 per month with $1999 down - this includes 1st month payment.

Your prompt feed back is requested. I haven't leased in a while and I can't tell if I'm leaving money on the table. I don't have a trade-in.
    Thanks!
  • jmiravjmirav Posts: 16
    many dealers in Pa and new jersey have car for 32,150 msrp
  • gchu5gchu5 Posts: 5
    I am in a market for Nissan Maxima. Since it is almost summer, my dilemma is whether to purchase a 2005 Maxima SL now or wait a bit for the new 2006 Maxima to come out.

What are the pro's and con's of either choice? Would I get the newer (and potentially better) car with the same price (Maxima SL 05 MSRP $32,480 with VDC/SunRoof/DPP), if I were to wait a bit for the newer 06 model to come out?

Your opinions and insights on this matter are greatly appreciated.

Thanks...George
  • rafarafa Posts: 35
    Just took delivery of 2005 Nissan maxima se midnight blue in lakewood colo paid 25,150 for it wat to now if its a good deal great car love it more then the 2004 Nissan Titan that i have parked in the garage. I"M driving the maxima and the wife is driving the Titan. Traded the 2001 Nissan maxima se fully loaded every option side airbags bose system we got 14200 for it. my wife and I love Nissan cars I"m 24 years old and my wife is 21 and we"ve always had Nissan cars any feed back thanks