Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I am in chicago. wont the prices differ between states? May be, in TN, you get lower, but in chicago, we end up paying higher for everything.
    How much lower from Invoice can we go, to make a smart deal, for a 2008 Nissan MAxima SL with Plat pref Pkg. Any idea?

Thanks for the reply though :-)
    James
  • Hi,

I'm in the market for a 2007 Maxima SE with variable options. Has anyone bought an 07 Maxima recently? What did you pay for it before tax and title? The 08's are out and I'm looking to buy a leftover.
  • hey,

Buying a 07 is no more a smart deal. Buy a 08 Maxima before Dec 3 2007 and get 3000 less than the INVOICE. With 07 there is no rebates and you end up paying more. I was in your shoes, but am looking for 08 now.
    Hope this helps.
    I was quoted for 07 SL 26948 OTD ( 5000 miles). but with 08, you can get 28360 OTD. with 1412. After dec 3, your price for 08 goes to 30360 OTD.
    Good luck, and let me know what you decided.
  • Thanks king james..

Well the reason why I was going with the 07 was because I didn't want to spend that much (high 20s low 30s). I was hoping to get a good deal on any leftovers available...
  • Then it should be 2006 SE used with atleast 36000 miles. SL will simply add 1000/- bucks.
    I tried looking for 07 Certified cars, but its damn costly and come in mid 20s.
    Leftovers never come less than 26 man. Depends on what you need though. I finished the purchase today and am happy with the decision.

King James
  • If you were to use those same#'s-same deal but turn it into a lease instead of a buy,with only the required fees and 1st month up front no further cap.reduction ,do you have an idea what the monthly should be? these are the #'s I'm trying to get.
  • rafarafa Posts: 35
    We just bought a 2008 Nissan Maxima Se with every possible option even navigation for 31,000 otd. We got the presion gray color and black leather we love everything about it.. We love what Nissan is doing they make cars that young people like us want to have I m 26 and I also drive 2007 Nissan Titan Se that we love my wife is 24 and she loves the max let us know if we got a good deal..
  • newmaxnewmax Posts: 2
    I bought 2008 Maxima SE w/o options ( comes with floor mats, mud guards),
    paid $25600 OTD ( 7% tax ). I planned to but Accord but bought the Maxima
    because of the price. When test drive, I had very positive feeling about the
    engine and the CVT. One thing I didn't notice is the big turning circle until I drove
    back home. Other than this, I am pretty happy with the car.
  • newmax,

In what city/state did you purchase this car? When you said OTD did it include the 7% tax?
  • newmaxnewmax Posts: 2
    Ksthiebaud,

At Atlanta. Everything included $25600. Could do better because I saw
    newspaper AD after new year like $23300 w. aftermarket leather. Mine
    has no leather.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,837
    A national newspaper is looking to speak to consumers who recently purchased or leased a new vehicle because of a good deal they found, whether it was low APR (financing), lease specials, rebates or other incentives. Please respond no later than Feb. 19 with your daytime contact information to Chintan Talati at ctalati@edmunds.com.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Can anyone let me know what they paid for a 2008 Maxima SL in MA. What would be a good deal today.

thanks
  • I just signed on a 2008 Maxima SL with Platinum and Navigation..
    I don't have the paperwork in front of me but these are about the numbers..

$35,1xx MSRP
    $32,xxx invoice

$14.6 for my Fit sport in trade (I think $1k more than it's worth so you can factor that in)

So I am getting, in my estimation, a price at $4k below invoice. It was an easy negotiation so I feel like I may have left some money on the table.
  • Err.....changed my deal ...and picked it up yesterday. So far I'm loving this car.

2008 SE with Platinum/Sensory/Moonroof+guard/Mudflaps/Floormats (black on black)

$32358 Invoice
    $326 fees
    -$3000 Rebate
    -$14,850 for 2007 Fit sport Auto (KBB shows trade value between $11 and $13.5k)

= $14384 + Taxes/Title

Bought from Team Nissan in Manchester NH. Very easy experience.

I think I got a good deal.
  • lars1281lars1281 Posts: 14
    No action on this message board for more than a month. Just wanted to let everyone know the deal I just got for my daughter here in suburban Philadelphia (Montgomery County).

2008 sL Precision Gray and Charcoal Leather interior

Options:
    Splash Guards front and rear
    Moonroof
    floor maps /trunk mat
    platinum edition pkg
    rear spolier

msrp = $33695
    paid = $31009 ($109 over invoice)
    OTD price (6% sales tax) = $29842

nice deal... $2500 rebate...
  • I was recently offered a 2008 SE Maxima with sensory and platinum package and whatever else that would bring MSRP to $33725. Offered for $28,700. However, this dealership emailed me 1000 under invoice plus rebates on most new stock Nissans (excluding 09 Murano, Altima coupe, etc). So that should bring it down to 27000 or so.
  • mcg0125mcg0125 Posts: 3
    Texas Nissan (VanTuyl) has 08 Maxima SE that I may possibly try to snag today after I view it.

MSRP: $29,075
    "Texas Big Discount": $6167
    Price: $22,908

This is the last weekend of the month, so do I have any chance of knocking that price off more than that? Edmunds has the invoice on this thing roughly at $26,000.

Finally, what should be my starting offer? If I can get that in the $21k range, I'm more than likely going to get it.

I wasn't planning on getting a Maxima, but the price caught my attention when I was looking at the Sentra SER. They have several SERs for $17,8ish.
  • dfridfri Posts: 5
    08 Maxima SE. Platinum package with sensory and Navagation. MSRP $36,125

39 month lease, 25,000 miles. First month down. $487 per mo. lease (total)

Good deal?????
  • pinknesspinkness Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy a 2007 nissan maxima sl but after hearing about the rebates I almost want to buy a 2008 I wont be able to get one for another 6 mon. When is the best time to purchase one after that. Or will 2009 alredy be out and they sold all the 2008 at good prices. Also this is my first time buying a car from a actual dealership and I want to try to get a good deal. Does anyone have any input on negotiating with car dealers.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,837
    A reporter is hoping to talk with consumers who had considered purchasing a Hyundai Sonata and ended up purchasing another vehicle. Please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com before Friday, May 16, 2008 with your daytime contact information and what you ended up purchasing.
    Thanks,
    Chintan Talati
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• maximafanmaximafan Posts: 592
    Could you tell me what is included in the Platinum Package?
    Thanks.
  • Has anyone baught a 2008 maxima in new york state intrested in noing if anyone has. when are the 2009's cumming out and going on to dealer lots I heard early summer Pleas if anyone nos pleas let me no Not shore what is in the Platnin package sorry. thankyou for reading my posting have a real grate day marco. sorry about my spelling
  • jkeirjkeir Posts: 3
    2008 maxima sl with platinum package , rear spoiler, truck mat/floor mat,moonroof
    msrp $33695
    got them down to $28795

39 month lease, 2000 down( includes fees,taxes/tags and 1st payment), 12k a year , 426.00 per month

is this a good deal???
  • bassmaxbassmax Posts: 9
    I just bought a 08 with standard equipment and paid $23,000 after rebate that nissian was giving. Feel like I made a great deal. And the extended warranty fee that is returned if you don't use it......terrific !!!!
    P.S. this price did not include TLR.....
  • that is a real grate deal Nice $23000 you will love that car cant go rong. I am shore for everyone elce with in the Next munth or so Nissan will give real grate deals on left over 2008's cause the 2009's are cumming out in aug. anyway good luck with it it is a grate car and consumer reports recomends it Thankyou for reading Marco.
  • grate deal not bad good luck with it thankyou.
  • is anyone byeing nissan Maximas anymor lets get this foram going the 2009 is cumming out soon thanks
  • hjrockethjrocket Posts: 7
    Just in from inspecting and trying the first 2009 Maxima SV in Salt Lake (it was already sold at MSRP) it hadn't even gone thru PDI yet. The window sticker was 38K+++. It had every bell and whistle known to man, including two (count 'em two moon roofs and a package that takes away the folding rear seat (stoopid!!) and relaces it with a pass thru and arm rest with controls for an entertainment system.The tech package including navigation that is almost as good as one I can buy at Circuit City for $199 !! Further, at the Infiniti dealer next door they sell base G 35x models for about $1200 less than this Maxima. The base price on this SV was approx $32470 so if one could find a base model SV it would be a good deal. The 2009 Hyundai Azera with near identical equipment to a base SV (limited,luxury pkg) is $30697 having driven both today IMHO the Max is probably not worth the extra money--because the Azera (which runs on REGULAR) is heavily discounted here,while the Maxima is not, and the dealer does not expect a decent spread of Max models 'til late August.
  • the 2009 max is a grate car from what everyone is saying I think it will be a big sellor at nissan. Plus now you will really be able to gat a grate deal on an 2008 left over. not menny 2009's out at dealers yet one dealer near me has one in not shore if it is solde yet sv moddle not the base moddle give it until aug and there will be plenty of 2009's out on dealer lots get a 2008 whal you can before they are gon thankyou for reading keep on posting those max byings and offers.
  • hjrockethjrocket Posts: 7
    The only 2009 Maxima on the lot had a crack all the way across the windshield, and nobody knows when a replacement can be had. BUT they had 8ea. 2008 Maximas, all SLs, one with Nav,one without sunroof and 6ea. precision gray models with platinum package,sun roof, splash guards, etc.etc all of those 6 priced at MSRP of $33325, I couldn't pass up the BIG discount offered and bought one for $26648 plus doc. tax and reg., that is less money than a fancy econo-box chevvy,dodge, or ford. Now I just wasted 2 hours trying to pair up wife's cell phone with the bluetooth w/ NO sucess, I'll try again in the morning-I'm pooped!!