Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• pgeetapgeeta Posts: 6
    Oh yeah, and the OTD includes $1250 rebate. Question - should the XM be that much? I mean, the car is prewired already, why should it cost $699 to complete?
  • thenebeanthenebean Posts: 1,124
    are they selling it to you for invoice? or are they selling it above or below? also, $699 is a bit on the high side for installation of the xm in the dealership - however they do have to run the antenna, install the amp and tuner, and wire everything up. I would offer them $550 (that is more along the lines of what it should be) for that.

$499 is a really high doc fee! it varies by state of course, and region (if everyone else around them is charging that high, they can too)

If you have invoice, I would tell them you'll do the deal as follows:

$300 below invoice
    $550 for XM
    everything else as is (dont try to start haggling on the doc fee, it's like the last straw for dealers sometimes)
    THEN subtract the rebate

let me know how it goes!

-thene :)
  • pgeetapgeeta Posts: 6
    I'm confused as to whether the price is at invoice or not. $31,499 OTD seems like it is $300 below invoice already. Am I figuring this out correctly?
    29739 inv
    699 xm (their high estimate)
    499 dealer
    42 tax
    30979 total
    -1250 rebate
    29729 new total
    2081 tax (7%)
    31810 OTD vs. 31499 OTD offered by dealer ($300 below invoice?)

I do have another dealer who said to get all my quotes, come to him and he'll beat it. If it is already $300 below, do you really think he can beat it? Thanks.

Also, do you really recommend an extended warranty?
    ok, i calculated the numbers (which you did slightly out of order) here's how the numbers should be calculated...

sale price
    plus accessories (xm)
    plus doc fee
    times sales tax
    plus registration
    minus rebate
    total out the door price

I got $31,894.59, so the $31,499 seems like a very aggressive price!

I wouldnt bother going to that other dealer, any dealer can beat a price by $100 just to gain your business, but this dealer that you are working with now has been aggressive in pricing, and deserves your business.

If you plan on keeping the car a while, and put lots of miles on a vehicle, i recommend NISSAN's extended warranty (ask for the gold preferred). that warranty covers everything under the sun, and you have a variety of choices with regards to the term of the warranty. and like everything else, negotiation is possible on that price. I do know the nissan warranties have gone up in price, but i still find it is worth the piece of mind in case something goes wrong down the road.

good luck!

• fido1fido1 Posts: 5
    Got the same car, minus the spoiler for $25100 in March in Massachusetts. They also gave me the extended warranty (100K / 7 yr) for $100 over cost. It was the best one Nissan offered (I forget the naming convention they use, but it covers everything except parts that wear out, like hoses, belts, tires and wiper blades). This also was without the rebate as I elected the 2% / 5 year finance deal Nissan was running. I should note that I bought this car during one of the worst March snow storms we had - these guy's were deader than a door nail - not sure how much, if at all, that influenced the deal.

Also - my model did not have traction control. The original deal had it in as part of the package. They had to source my car (as they didn't have the exterior / interior color combo I wanted), and on delivery when it was discovered the car didn't have it (2005 model years off the line in late Nov.'04 got it standard, mine was built 1st wk of Nov) they knocked an extra $300 off for the value of it so they didn't have source another car to close the deal (already reflected in noted price above). I swear there is extra money under the table that Edmunds doesn't reflect, as my trade in value was a few bucks greater that the Edmunds price, and their price on their car was under their " invoice "...? Get your #'s together based on all options that you want (don't settle for what's on the lot - it costs too much money for a car - get exactly what you want), set up the warranty deal you want (if you want one) as a condition of the sale (I think mine priced @ $1195 - not sure, I'd have to find the paper work), let them move first, then start with your counter @ $1000 under your number. Also - when you arrive at the dealership, tell them you have to be somewhere in 45 minutes so they don't string you along for 3 hours...
    there are a lot of variables that will affect prices that dealers will be willing to sell a car for from month to month. really, the only "money" out there that dealers get is holdback, save a few incentives that nissan may throw your way as a special program (for example, if you sell x number of maximas this month, we'll retro the money for $250 per unit). other than that, that is it - there is no "secret" money out there...

• darrinpsdarrinps Posts: 2
    I bought a black SE 6 speed (man I had a tough time finding one too) with rear spoiler, mats, flaps, and some dealer added fabric protectant and paint sealant (I know...but I didn't really pay anything for them). The total cost after the rebate was 24,300 fro North Texas Nissan and was bought in February.

So far, I REALLY like this car (fun to drive...for as big as it is). My last Maxima had 178,000 miles on it, and almost NO problems. :)

One question though...I'd like to add a Sirius sat radio. Anyone know of an aftermarket radio that will work with this car? It is prewired for sat (says so on a sticker on the driver's side door) and I would like to get something that integrates with it.

Thanks!
    i dont know which aftermarket radio will work, however you can go back to the dealer and have the tuner installed, and play it right through your factory radio (which i think would work/look best)

• darrinpsdarrinps Posts: 2
    Yes, I know that can be done...but for a factory sat radio they wanted $400, where as the aftermarket ones are less than half that!
  • zamajtukzamajtuk Posts: 2
    Was wondering if I was offered a good deal for a 36 month lease on a 2005 Maxima SE Standard. I told the dealer I had to go home and think about it. I didn't want to seem to excited, but the car is nice.

They offered me $325 a month with 2,000 cash out of pocket ( that covers tax, tags, reg, and down payment). I was told that I would be getting the car at invoice. Which I am not sure what that is just yet.

Very nice car, black with frost cloth interior, the sky roof, and rear spoiler. I really like the car but I don't really no that much about leasing. I just want to make sure I am not getting taken for a ride.

Is this a good lease?

I have great credit so I know I will get the best rate, but Am I getting the best price? If not what should I go back to them and say?

Thanks

jay
  • rovernut3rovernut3 Posts: 11
    First, what is the MSRP of the car? Then what is the invoice? Nissan is advertising MRSP of $28000 and selling for $25000 which is a lease of $309.
  • itchitch Posts: 2
    I was quoted $474.00 , 36 mth. 17K Lease. Sticker is $32K. I want to be close to $400. Is this reasonable?

Also, when do the 2006's come out??

itch
    were you putting any money down on the lease (covering inception costs, etc?) if you are, then that price seems awfully high to me. if not, then it may be right in the range - i'd have to calculate it out when i have a minute. i think you can get to $400 easily if you put down the inception fees - otherwise, the dealer has to roll them into the cap cost of the vehicle, and it shoots up your payment.

as far as the 06's - we have no news as of yet - i would guess they would be coming out in august-october time frame...but thats me guessing...

hope that helped!

• ggesqggesq Posts: 701
    Hey guys,

I'm in the market for an SE Maxima with DPP- Automatic or Stick. What should I pay for this car? Any help would be appreciated.

Also, what is a good price for an SE with the Sensory Package- Auto or Stick? Thanks.

Regards,
    Joe
  • nberkelnberkel Posts: 5
    Hello!

Does anyone know when the 2006 Maxima's are coming out? I am thinking of leasing an '05 and I can't help but think it might be worth waiting a few more months and be able to get a better deal on the 2005 model once the 06's come out. Does anyone have any feedback on that?

Thanks!

Nikki
    Sorry for the duplication - just realized the 06 question had already been asked!

Thanks,

Nikki
    nikki,

when it comes to leasing, it's usually not your best interest to get a "last years" model. the way leasing works (and you can find out more details in the leasing questions forum) is that the car is estimated to be worth xx% of its original MSRP after x number of months. if you are looking at an 05 vs. and 06, that percentage will be higher on an 06 by virtue of the fact that it is a year newer. if you want to pull the trigger on a lease, either get an 05 now, or wait for the 06 models - but i wouldnt recommend leasing an 05 when the 06's are out.

hope that helps!

Wow - thanks for setting me straight! I will got check out that leasing questions forum. I drove a Maxima for the first time last weekend - OH SO NICE!!

Thanks again!!

Nikki
    no problem! if you were buying, thats another story however ;-) but leasing you generally do better on cars that are newer - or at least the newer model year (05 vs. 06)

that leasing forum will be able to answer your questions even better than i could!

good luck! the Maxima really is a nice car!

• alexmax3alexmax3 Posts: 1
    If anyone can shed some light on a realistic lease term for a fully loaded
    SE 05 with driver prefered package, excluding navigation.

Thanks,
    Alex