Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• yes you are rite hear in new york the same thing is happaning there is a red one sl I am intrested in going to look tomoro only sl one left and in red with bage interior few mor se ones left will keep you guys updated thanks for reading Marco.
  • go_mdx1go_mdx1 Posts: 135
    I had an interesting phone conversation with a Nissan sales manager on pricing of a 2009 Maxima. As a result of the Olympics and Nissan's TV sales campaign, 2009 Maximas are no longer being discounted at his dealership. He offerred me a $200 coupon off of MSRP. What a nice guy!

By the way, I'm finding most dealerships are now offerring $3k to $4k discounts on the 2009 Maxima. So, this one dealership is really going for the "Gold". Literally!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,057
    That's a new one.... blaming the high prices on Olympic advertising... :surprise:

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• jeffc10jeffc10 Posts: 2
    I was orginally looking at less expensive cars as this is a company car that will aquire a lot of miles. I got an 08 SE with Leather, moonroof that opens, Bose and sensory package for $25,300. This is a lot of car for that amount of money. Sticker was $33,600 plus the deal had on of those crappy $1,000 side stickers to make it $34,600. Big selling feature was that it takes regular or premium. I have put nothing but regular it and it is fine.
  • smiley10smiley10 Posts: 24
    what state did you get that great deal.

thanks
  • jeffc10jeffc10 Posts: 2
    I got it in GA (Gwinnett County). After shopping it was apparrent the dealers are getting extra back end $$ to move them out. If you can live with not having the latest model (09) I do not think you can buy more car at that amount. Interesting all the rebates negate any financing offer, but I got a 4.64% for 60 (I do have a 800+) but that says they did not put any uplift on the Cap One financing. Again moving them out. Lastly most of the dealers had only loaded SE's and SL's left, all the base SE's are long gone.
  • karmomkarmom Posts: 10
    When is the best time to start requesting quotes via email, if i'm trying to get an end of the month type deal?
  • I would start trying it now. Let us know how you come out
  • not bad verry good price on that 2008 nice good luck with it good not to be the first one with the new 2009 car. let them work out the bugs untill Next year you would love that car that mutch mor just my to sense thanks for reading Marco.
  • CATDADDY25:
    Repost from 8/4/08:

How much was Dobbs' dealer fee? Are the posted prices legit? Any high pressure, hard sell on add ons, competitive financing, etc?
    Thanks.
  • Dobbs dealer fee was $479. I know I got took on that but I made up for it with the overall deal I got considering dealers were not wanting to come off of sticker. No high pressure at all. they have their prices advertised on website. check it out.
  • Catdaddy,
    Still sounds like a good deal considering the market right now. I was afraid there might by a hefty doc fee considering the aggressive prices posted.

I will not be ready until about this time next year. I am sure by then there will be good deals most anywhere. While the price is good, adding $479 to a cheap airline ticket and the gas to get home to SC I imagine will get me right back up to the VPP Nissan supplier price that I could get at the dealer 2 miles away from home. Plus I can get an extended warranty directly from Nissan at cost if i want it.

Thanks for you info.
  • I couldn't get a good deal where I live. I received $2500 more for my trade in there and the most I could get them off of MSRP was $2500 at only 1 dealership here in Texas. The rest of the dealers did not want to come off any. I felt like coming off $4000 was very good. They had about 20 on the lot to choose from.
  • I think you made out like a bandit, especially since you were already in the area for other reasons. I will have to do the math when the time comes. It might not be worth it for me since it would be a special trip for that reason only.
  • Have you checked out their website at dobbsnissan.com

All prices are listed on the internet
  • Oh yes,
    You got me interested a few weeks ago when you advised us of your purchase. Dobbs does not publish what their doc fees are though. This was a red flag for me. A lot of places will advertise a low number and then later you will find out that this # doesn't include destination and/or a high doc fee which makes their real price much higher and no better than any other dealer.

This is why I was curious to hear the whole story from you. I would need to know the total picture so I could decide if buying from them or another low cost dealer is really worth the $ and hassle involved in buying far away from home.

I think my strategy will be to take Dobbs (and others) price to a few local dealers and see what happens. If they say heck no, I can always add the price of the plane ticket and fuel to drive home to my offer and see if that works. If they say heck no again, I have to decide to take a chance on Dobbs, Fitzmall, etc. or to accept the VPP supplier price which is:

"Dealer invoice
    Minus VPP discount (Nissan 2.87% : Infiniti 1.65%)
    Plus dealer added options, Security Plus, Infiniti Extended Protection Plan, etc.
    Plus 2.5% delivery fee of dealer invoice after VPP discount has been subtracted
    Plus destination and handling charge
    Minus applicable incentives
    Equals participant's purchase price"

Not a bad deal; gets close to invoice with no hassle. I will have to compare this to what Dobbs/Fitzmall/and others report on these forums as the months go by.

If I weren't locked in a lease for another year, I would probably be on my way to Memphis by now.

Thanks again.
    In mid-August, I purchased a 2009 Maxima w/Premium and the Technology Packages. In Central North Carolina, I was able to get $3700 off MSRP. Doc fee was $399. Nissan Apex dealer was also very nice to work with and came very close to this price - they just didn't have the specific color/options I was looking for.

If you can travel, best deals in the Eastern USA appear to be at Dobbs Nissan in Memphis. Even with a $700 shipping fee, you may come out ahead buying from these folks if you live in a big city where large discounts are still hard to find.
  • not a bad price sounds like this dealer ship is grate what color did you end up getting exterior and interior color how do you like the car Thanks for rreading have a verry good day Marco.
    I've had the car 3 weeks now and still love it. I particularly like the car for its luxury features - more so than its sportiness. I plan to publish a review of the car in another week. I got Blue with Tan interior.
  • Are any Dallas area dealerships offering any significant discounts off the MSRP of the 09 Maxima? If so, how much and for what model and package?
  • I drive an 05 Max now...about to come off lease (4 mos).
    I'm torn between the Maxima and the C350 Benz sport for a few reasons.

1. They're Not Budging Off List.... here are the lease deals I was quoted for 39 mos 12K mi per year:

$1000 down, 747/mo
    2500 down, 699 mo
    5000 down, 643/mo (are u serious?)

2. The seats on the SV I test drove were very uncomfortable. Felt like I was sitting on a pull out couch bed. Surprising compared to my current max.

3. Price - At right around $41K, I'm wondering why I shouldn't look at a Benz or BMW with longer warranty.

Another question....can you ask for an internet quote after you've already been out to the dealership? Just curious if I'd get a better deal.

Appreciate any feedback you guys have. Thanks.
  • soplush - The Maxima is a great car with a nice engine, but I would highly recommend the BMW.

I can't believe that they are not discounting the car. Where are you located?

Also, I would not submit an internet quote to the same dealership. I would receive internet quotes from other local dealers and base your decision on the numbers you receive as well as the perceived customer service.

Matt
    eights38@gmail.com
  • eights38: I'm in North Carolina. I've owned BMers before, never the sedan. I'll go out on the site here and compare to the benz 350. Good idea on the quotes, will try it out.

I think its simply supply/demand on the pricing thing. Only had 7 in and several spoken for...
  • sergeymsergeym Posts: 262
    There are very good deals going on on E350 right now. If you are willing to spend $600-700s on a lease you can get a fully loaded E350 with AMG Sport package (MSRP $60K+) easily. I personally would rather get G35 for less than $500 per month.
  • nice car light blue or dark how is the interior color good luck nissans are grate cars and last a verry long time thans marco.
  • I am coming off a 06 Maxima lease and went today to possibly get the new 09's after seeing it in person and I fell in love. I went to staten island nissan in NYC and they wanted STICKER for the car.

Than they were offering me a DEMO with 3,000 miles on it just because it happened to be the same exact model I wanted. The best part was that he tried to tell me having 3k miles is still new, so I countered and said than why not just give me a car with no mileage, he was dumbfounded. The manager was no smarter as I wasn't budging a bit.

Sport package+Technology, I told them I was returning a lease early and I had already paid off the last two months, they did nothing for me. They said the best they could do was 2,500 down and 509 a month. As a returning customer that is a bit disrespectful, I don't really need the car seeing as how I still have 2 months left and I figured they would do something for me.

I immediately wanted to walk away and my final offer was 1,000 out of pocket and 475 a month and they said NO.

After reading about how many people are getting 3-4k below sticker and getting 450 a month leases on the same car I am seriously NEVER dealing with this dealership ever again. I quoted an 09 TL for 500 a month 1500 down, they tried to tell me the Maxima was more of a luxury car than an Acura and at these prices they aren't kidding. :mad:
  • sergeymsergeym Posts: 262
    Why not 2008 G35? A little bit smaller but otherwise better car or wait for 2009 G37 sedan coming soon?
  • soplushsoplush Posts: 29
    Vinny625 see my post #585 if it is any consolation to you. I got the same treatment here. The dealers are acting like they did when the new 350Z roadsters came out.
  • it is all dealer games I dont waste my time I just tell them I will go to a nother Nissan dealer and get a grate price then walk away. they then run after you and drop the price $500 and I still walk vinny go to copal Nissan in Jakson Hights queans. or look at a few mor dealers as whell around your aria. this dealer in statandisland is bad news. thanks for reading Hope I was able to help you out have a verry good day thanks Marco.
  • hey vinny did you everbye a 2009 max keep us updated on whats going on thanks for reading Marco have a verry good day