Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ck949ck949 Posts: 4
    Have been shopping around Orange County (SoCal) this week. Below is my best quote --- I am thinking about jumping on it tommorow but would appreciate the thoughts of others:

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE in radiant silver with charcoal leather
    -splash guards
    -floor mats
    -Driver Preferred Package

List Price $32,725, your net SALE PRICE $27,716 after my discount and the rebate.

This appears to more than $2,000 under the invoice of $29,748. Anyone seen anything better?? Thanks!!
  • Yes, this is just what I paid for essentially the same car at the end of December...see post #478. I think it's a good deal.
  • Er, make that posting #472.
  • About 84% of sticker is about as low as you can expect on these units. There is a $1,500 rebate on them now which is why it appears you're paying under invoice.
  • dealmadedealmade Posts: 5
    Just closed deal on 2007 Maxima SL with drv. pref. package, vdc, sunroof, mats and splash guards. MSRP 33,725, discount with rebate (1,500) was 28,420. With TTL and doc fee, out the door 30,695.14 no trade-in. Also dealer threw in free car detailing once a year for five years. Good deal?
  • nissmax07nissmax07 Posts: 1
    I just got a new lease on a Nissan Maxima SE 3.5L 2007. I paid taxes and fees upfront, but no additional down payment I believe the MSRP was around 29,400 w/ sunroof and no special pacakges. 39 month lease 12k miles/year, paying 365/month. Residual value 16,500. I want to know if I got a good deal, this is my first time leasing a car! I have good credit also! Thanks!
  • sian75sian75 Posts: 1
    I went to check 07 Maxima SE $ 28,995 MSRP with Rebate offered by a dealer. They are trying to charge 6% sale taxes from the initial price of the car (28, 995). I was under impression that I have to pay taxes only from final price which is $28,995 minus rebate.
    How Does it work?
    Thank you
  • maxlessmaxless Posts: 9
    Minneapolis area; purchased Precision Gray Metallic '07 SL. Moonroof, mudflaps, floormats. Edmunds lists total invoice @ $29,401; list @ $32,143. Purchased at $26,985 plus TTL. OTD $29,142 including $370 license; 34.50 title; $1754 tax. Stopped by the Wayzata Nissan dealer to see what they had on the lot. Just what I wanted and sat down and inked the deal in maybe 15 minutes. I may have been able to work the price down a little bit but I'm in sales and really don't have the time to screw around. From what I can tell, a pretty fair deal.
  • maxlessmaxless Posts: 9
    Sorry; I just posted the comments about the new '07 SL. Sales tax is based on purchase price. My purchase price was $26,985 and sales tax is 6.5% in Minnesota. Sales tax on the purchase agreement I inked at the dealer is $1754.03. Also, the $26,985 is less the available rebate.

FYI - I found on the Internet that there might be an additional $500 available in rebate form. From what I can tell, it appears you need to use Nissan financing to qualify. I did not use Nissan financing and used the $2500 rebate number in my offer and the dealer was very close to $2500 below invoice ($2416) in the final purchase price.
  • puripuri Posts: 16
    where are you based out of? i am looking to lease a Maxima too.. which dealer? can you send me the contact
    rahul_puri@hotmail.com
  • puripuri Posts: 16
    can you send me the car dealer dtls? i am looking to get one, and looks like you have a good deal...
    rahul_puri@hotmail.com
  • I am from canada and want to buy a maxima there...there is currently a rebate but dealer said since canadian i cant have it....is this true i cant find anything saying it or is dealer trying to make extra cash?
    i would love to get 2007 nissan se
  • ask him to provide it to you in writing where it says that offer is only for US citizens. My guess he is trying to get some extra cash.
  • where do i find the difference between the maxima SE and SL and why can you seem to get SL at same or lessor price
    does SL have a standard upgraded stereo?
    thanks
  • SE is sportier has wider tires.
    SL has softer suspension and softer ride. Also they use fake wood.
    SL does not upgrade stereo.
    If I were you, I will get an SE, but if you are cross shopping with Avalon or Azera, SL is closer in its ride.
  • maximafanmaximafan Posts: 592
    The Bose Stereo system and the Xenon Lights are standard on the SL, whereas, in the SE you have to upgrade to certain packages to get the Bose system and to an even higher package(Driver-Preferred package) to get the xenon lights.
  • I am planning on buying a Maxima in the Nashville area. This is the best price I have been given and would like feedback.

Maxima 3.5SL Options: Platinum package, Mudguards, and Floor mats. MSRP of $32,425.
    Best price I have found for a White/ Latte leather interior is $26,500 after rebate plus tax, title, etc.

This sounds like a good offer and would like to hear your thoughts.
  • gene22gene22 Posts: 34
    Noticed a sign at Landers Nissan in Southaven, MS (Memphis) that all 2008 Maximas are $5,500 off. Is this normal? Good deal?
  • Gene,

I just bought a 2008 Maxima SL with Platinum package MSRP of $32,425 for $25,649. This is $6,776 below MSRP and $4051 below invoice. The rebates make this a great car for the money. I was going to buy a V-6 Accord EX-L which would have been more expensive and in my opinion just not as nice a car. This is from from someone whose last 4 cars were Hondas. I actually think I could have gotten the price a little lower but didn't feel like hassling a bunch for a couple hundred bucks.
  • Experts,
    I am working on two numbers, 07 SL (Drivers pref pkg) 5000 miles for 29411 OTD. I have a trade-in and they appraised 2500. Final deal is 26911(~27000).
    Another deal, 07 SE(Drivers pref Pkg) 2000 miles. OTD after TRADE-IN is 26378.
    Am I over-paying for 07? Any idea guys. experts, you can tell me and help me.
    thanks.
    James