Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• etwardsetwards Posts: 1
    I just got a price of $31,950 for a SV with Premium, Spoiler, Floor Mats, and Splash Guards (MSRP $38,100). Savings on base price of car was $500 under invoice and option are at invoice price. Discounts included $2250 in rebates. I used the USAA/Amex pricing. There was an out of state dealer that would do it for $900 under invoice but I'd prefer to use a local dealer. Here's the breakdown:

Base CV = $30,840
    Premium Pkg = $2801
    Rear Spoiler = $292
    Splash Guards = $134
    Floor Mats = $133
    Total = $34,200

Customer Incentive ($1250)
    Bonus Cash ($500)
    Nissan Financing ($500)

Grand Total = $31,950

Thoughts?
  • is this a good deal? dealer came up with this on second offer, didn't even have to negotiate, but from what I'm reading here it sounds pretty good. anyone dealt with Smithtown Nissan (long island NY)?

36 month lease, 12K per year, $0 down (first month payment only) $409/month, plus they are paying my last two months payment on current car $530/month).
  • branlerbranler Posts: 1
    I love this car and all it has to offer! Granted, I've had it for 2 weeks so the novelty is still there... Anyway, about a week after I purchased the car, I noticed a ticking when I drive. I can hear it from the right side and I cannot tell if it's front or back. It's not loud, obnoxious or terrible. Think, stone/pebbles in tire kind of noise. Only this has a metal sound to me and I've checked the tires and no little pebbles. The ticking does get quicker and slower based on speed and is not engine related. I've checked under the hood and rev'ed the engine while idle- no ticking noise.

Any ideas before I take it in?
  • ahossa1ahossa1 Posts: 51
    A friend of mine had that same problem and after several trips to the dealer they found pebbles/stones in the catalytic converter.
  • kfdmedkfdmed Posts: 130
    edited July 2010
    Purchased a 2010 Maxima SV crimson black/caffe latte with monitor package, cold package, spoiler, Matts, splash guards, and cargo net in northeast Indiana on 7/3/10.

MSRP 36140
    PRICE 32978
    DOC 150.00
    TITLE 26.25
    SALES TAX 7% 2038.40
    REBATE 1500 (500 nmac cash, 500 bonus cash, 500 holiday cash)
    TRADE 4000 ( 2000 Olds Intrigue)
    OTD 29697.60
    0% for 60 months/494.96 month

Nothing spectacular here just got the car at invoice. $4000 for my Intrigue was better than I expected. Free oil changes for life. Painless experience they gave me a decent qoute right away 29834.40 OTD tried to get 29000 OTD settled for 29697.60.

Love the car. 21 mpg so far in suburban driving, CVT performs best when your foot is on the metal. Kind of labors under slow acceleration.

Haven't loaded anything on the music box yet because it looks to me that you have to record CD at normal speed to get it on the harddrive ... you cant just rip it from your MP3 player. If this is true it's a major pain in the [non-permissible content removed].
  • jaymkjaymk Posts: 86
    Congrats on your purchase,
    In my Lexus and even in the Acura TL, when You put a cd in the drive, it automatically starts ripping to the the built in hard drive, usually it takes about 10-15 minutes to download a complete cd.
    Thanks
  • kfdmedkfdmed Posts: 130
    it took 10 minutes.
  • kpandyakpandya Posts: 19
    Hi all,
    I am interested in buying the 2009 Maxima CPO with 19K miles on with the below options....MSRP is $28,981. I tried looking for any cpo buying experiences in edmunds and google, but cudnt find any good one;s so I would appreciate if y'all can help me out. The Dealer fees are 99$, and its located in Northern VA. How far can I negotiate??, thanks in advance

LEATHER SEATS MOON ROOF NAVIGATION SYSTEM HEADED SEATS BOSE PREMIUM SOUND CD CHANGER ABS Air Conditioning, All Wheel Drive, Alloy Wheels, Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), Anti-Theft, Bed Liner, Driver Memory System, Fog Lights, Heated Front Seats, Heated Outside Mirrors, Heated Seats, LEATHER SEATS, Memory Outside Mirrors, Memory Seats, MOON ROOF, Navigation System, Plow Package, Power Adjustable Seat, Power Antenna, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Mirrors, Power Seat, Power Sunroof, Power Windows, Premium Audio, Privacy Glass, Radio: AM/FM/6CD/MP3 w/Bose Premium Audio System, Satellite Radio, Sunroof, Trip Computer, Trip Odometer, Wheels: 18' Aluminum-Alloy
  • shamcyshamcy Posts: 23
    I may very well be wrong, but he features you are listing make absolutely no sense.
    09 Maximas did not come in all-wheel drive. If you have navigation then you will not have the CD changer but instead, you will have the hard drive. An 09 Maxima with an MSRP of $28,981 will not have any of the features you mentioned. That is the price of the very bottom base model with nothing but 4 wheels, a steering wheel, a gas pedal, a break pedal, and 4 doors.
    Double check your dealer's claims. This sounds like a shady dealer.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,652
    Looks like that was copied from an autotrader ad.... All the non-capitalized stuff are options on a pickup truck or SUV..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

thanks for the reply guys,

kydfx - it is copied from the ad that was posted on nissan usa - cpo search results.
    thanks shamcy for letting me know :surprise: , I am interested in this car, after looking at the photos. However the dealer is abt 50 miles from me, so I am planning to pay them a visit.
    I will update the details of the car if I go visit them.

Thanks for the info guys
    one more question though, what are the average prices paid for a 2009 cpo maxima with Nav.... any idea??
  • I got mine from Smithtown Nissan (that's Long Island, NY) and had a very smooth experience. I leased a 2011 Maxima 3.5 SV with monitor package, spoiler, and cold package in October 2010. I had 5 remaining lease payments on my old Nissan. I put $0 down and payments are $365/month (39 months). Dealer also threw in free oil changes for the first 30,000 miles of the car after I asked for it.
    I'm very happy with the deal.
  • Wow! That's a smokin deal. I am from LI and know of Smithtown Nissan but have been in AZ for the past 5 years. I am currently in the market for a 2011 Maxima (coming off lease on a Pathfinder with 4 payments left) and am getting pricing upwards of $500/mo and it's killing me. Was your deal a special the dealership was running? Any advice is greatly appreciated, I am at a loss. If not for the mileage, at that rate I would just fly in, pick it up there and then drive it back!
  • Ok, so this is my first lease and I don't know a lot about them. Here is my deal. I got a 2011 Nissan Maxima Premium w/ Premium Tech package, Rear Spoiler & Floor Mats. MSRP $40,080. I leased this vehicle for 39 months w/ 22,000 miles per year (yes 22,000 miles per year). My monthly payment is $510.00 per month. I did get $1,000 trade in credit. I feel like this is a great deal as I didn't even think about leasing because I didn't realize they offered that high of leases and didn't know that it would be affordable.
  • rad484rad484 Posts: 17
    That is an awesome deal! I'm trying to pick one up this weekend. I might just have to make the trip out there... Can you tell me who you worked with in Smithtown? Also is that payment including tax?

Thanks!
  • I was quoted $33,060 + TTL. For a 2011 Maxima SV w/ Premium Package + Tech Package. It's my choice of color, and allows me to use my own financing (2.9% through CU). I'm in FL, and need a new tag on this car, so my OTD price is $35,830. Is this the going rate now? Or should I negotiate for a lower price?

I really don't care if I have the Tech Package or not. I understand it costs more, so if I feel like I'm getting a good price, I'll pay for it.
  • Hey guys,

I just purchased a new 2010 Maxima SV Premium Package in dark slate with rear spoiler, splash guards, floor & trunk mats, and trunk sub floor organizer for $30K + $190 doc fee + TTL with 2.99% APR for 60 months with $7K down. Here is the breakdown:

$38,250 MSRP
    $34,814 Invoice

$33,000 Sale Price
    -$2,500 customer incentive (in lieu of 0% APR for 60 months)
    -$500 bonus customer incentive
    +$190 doc fee
    +$1,660 taxes
    +$10 license

$31,860 OTD.

I live in Wisconsin and looked up dealer inventory for 2010 Maximas for dealers around the midwest (Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, and Iowa). I e-mailed about 8 dealers last week and got prices. I was able to negotiate this price based on this thread and prices at cars overstock. It seems like prices aren't as competitive in the Midwest as it is at a place like Northern Virginia, so I feel like I got a fair deal.

I love the car so far!
  • fkhanfkhan Posts: 6
    Which dealership did you purchase from?
  • I got it at Fox Nissan in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Had a great and painless experience with them since I negotiated the price over email. They didn't try to sell me on anything additional except for the extended warranty and didn't add on any hidden fees.