Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I've got 2 offers on the table (both at 200 dollars below invoice) Both are XE
    Offer 1: Driver's preferred pack, floor mats, navi, splash guards, XM, and skyview. W/ 2.0% financing- for 30593 -500 for college grad rebate= 30093 + ttl

Offer 2: Driver's preferred pack, floor mats, sunroof, Traction Control Package w/ 2.0 % financing for 29051 + ttl

Input would be greatly appreciated.

-P.S. Is the Traction Control package really worth it? The car already has standard abs brakes..comments?
  • Depending on where you live and drive, I'd get the one with Nav if you think you'll deal with snow and ice rarely.

If you live in Minnesota, well, you already know the answer.
  • Last Saturday I had a test drive on 2005 Maxima, 2005 Lexus ES330, 2004 Accura TL and 2004 Infiniti G35rwd. I like the performance and the roominess of the maxima, and the smooth,quiet ride and interior of ES330, so one of these two will be my final choice.

Lexus dealer is willing to take off about$1,000 off the MSRP of 34,964, which I think is still a little bit high although this is only the third week the dealer got the ES330.

I got a quote from a Nissan dealer: "In stock 2005 nissan max sl with sunroof, dpp. $29405+ttl not including rebate. Outside of inventory With Dpp and skyview, $28,725.00." I am not aware of any rebate for the 2005 Maxima, but I think this is an attractive offer. Any comments, advises?
  • Hi. I just purchased my 2002 Maxima SE which I have been leasing for the last 3 years. I'm interested in getting a Nissan Extended Warranty. I was quoted $877 for a 60mo/75K mile warranty from my local dealer. This seems a bit high to me, but maybe it's not.

Has anyone gotten a good deal on an extended warranty, or can anyone recommend a dealer that has better warranty pricing?

Thanks,

-n
  • Been looking to buy an 05 Maxima SE, with the following options 6sp Manual, Drivers Preferred, Moon Roof, Traction Control, floor mats. Based on the research I've done the invoice is 29751. What would think is a fair price to pay? I am thining Invoice + 200?
  • max05max05 Posts: 29
    I just picked up my 05 SL yesterday....and yes there is a $1,000 rebate, but there have been no ads at all in the Boston area papers for 05's yet, so i was fortunate to find an honest dealer...i went to buy an 04 SE at $6,200 off sticker (ad car), but I couldn't get enough for my trade and i didn't want 18" performance tires with the snow we get in New England, so i ended up going with the 05 SL with sunroof and driver preferred package...price was below invoice even before the rebate.
    Does the 6 speed manual transmission add to the cost of the car vs. the auto? The invoice on my car was $29,075 without traction control, which is only a $300 (retail) option...that still leaves about $400 at invoice to get to your number.
  • afalkafalk Posts: 1
    I just wanted some opinions on the deal I have right now. I am looking at a 2004 Max SE with DPP,sunroof,mats,splash guards. The MSRP on the car is $32,370. I can purchase the car for $27,200(which includes the rebate). I can now finance this car at 3.9% for 4 years. My total cost for this car after tax and interest will be $31,660 ($5500 down plus 48 pmts of $545). Is this a good deal???

I appreciate all opinions on this deal.
  • Can any one tell me what is DPP ?
    And, would I be expecting to see a 5K-6K off the MSRP for the 04 models ?

Any response are welcomed.
  • aggiedogaggiedog Posts: 238
    DPP = Driver Preferred Package

•Driver Memory Seat System w/Auto.•Heated Electric Folding Outside Mirrors .•Heated Power Tilt/Telescopic Steering Wheel .•Driver Seat Power Lumbar Support .•Includes compass in rearview mirror..
    The rebate on the 04 is $1,500 and the best deal in the Boston area right now is $5,800 off sticker ($ 26,570. based on your facts), so your not too far off. On Sept. 30th, the same car was advertised (and available) for $25,999 (see my previous post). It appears that after the end of the quarter the price went up by $500??

Anyway, I ended up with an 05 SL....drove it 200 miles roundtrip to Hartford today and love it. The Bose stereo (320 watts) is much improved over the Bose in the 2000 maxima i traded.
    You don't mention leather....$24,500 appears high considering a new 04 with leather, dpp, sunroof, etc... is only $2k more...but maybe you will get lucky....good luck
  • habitat1habitat1 Posts: 4,282
    If, as max05 suggested, you are trying to get $2k less (7-8%) than a brand new Maxima for youe 2004 w/17,500 miles, good luck. I don't think too many smart shoppers - especailly on this forum - would be on the buying side of that deal.

I would think that a 20% discount from the new car price would be the best you would do across the table from someone with any decent ability to do a cost benefit analysis. That would suggest more like a $5,500 discount from a brand new car or something in the $21k range.

I'd ask you or anyone in this forum, why would anyone buy a used car with nearly 50% of it's warranty gone for a nominal discount over a new car?? The only possible reason I could see is on a limited production car that has a long wait list. A business associate sold his Ferrari 360 for more than he paid for it. Another sold his 2 year old M5 for only about 15% less than he paid for it. But the Maxima isn't exactly a limited production vehicle.
  • grbc46grbc46 Posts: 1
    i am looking at 2000 GLE - quote ext. warr 60 mo/75 mile of 1500. maybe mine is higher due to older car???? Please let me know of other replies to your question and if possible, fax your quote to me....we are finalizing this soon. thanks PH
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    Absolutely no solicitation in Town Hall.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• joe10joe10 Posts: 1
    Sounds fair. I purchased a 2005 Maxima SL a couple of weeks ago for $500 over invoice. Did not have nav or traction control. What made the deal real "sweet" for me was the 2% financing that Nissan is offering this month.
  • Joe10, Yes the 2% financing is why I was doing the deal as well, it is a big difference in the payments. Actually price I paid was closer to 400 over invoice for SE with Moonroof, Splash Guards. But is was worth it for a great car.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    I'm moving your post to our regular Nissan Maxima discussion, since this one is for pricing & buying questions only. You can check for responses by clicking on my link.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• otis12otis12 Posts: 160
    I've decided on a Maxima SL, Onyx, with Burnt Orange interior with the Elite package. Not one Burnt Orange interior in 5 dealer inventories that I've checked in northern NJ. Is it that rare?
  • kevin3kevin3 Posts: 2
    There is an 05 onyx maxima with burnt orange interior in Orlando Fl (Classic Nissan semoran blvd.)