Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• wdawgwdawg Posts: 1
    I'm in Washington and am about to buy a 3.5 SL w/

Driver Pref Pkg, PWR sunroof, Veh Dyn Control w/ TCS and full size spare, Satellite Radio, Splash Guards, and floor mats. The price is 29,900. Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal?
  • bigbandito:

I actually had my best email quote from Universal and went down there the day after Christmas ready to deal, but like you I had to deal with a floor salesperson and not the internet manager when I walked through the door. My sales guy was young and not to bad, but it was the finance manager who clearly was calling the shots. They low-balled my trade-in (a '97 Maxima SE) so I got up and left. Got a call 20 minutes later with a better offer but I said I would think about it.

Well, today I got a match on the Universal offer from Courtesy in Tampa and actually still have an appointment with them tomorrow that I have to cancel.

I have to cancel because Reed Nissan found my car in Palm Beach and the car is being driven up tomorrow morning. They matched the previous offer of $27,500 with dealer fees included and are paying $100 more for my trade-in.

The only thing I didnt like is that the car is actually being driven from Palm Beach to Orlando so it will have about 190 miles when I get it tomorrow. None of the paperwork is final until I inspect the vehicle tomorrow though so if anything looks damaged I can walk.
  • bridger71

$27,500 for an '05 is good, assuming it has DPP or Sensory plus a few other things.

Don't worry about the 180 miles. You can always walk if they've damaged the car somehow. That's the way I bought my Jetta a few years back. It all worked out fine. But again, the 180 miles is absolutely nothing if you get the car you want.

Universal tried to play tricks on my trade too - telling me it's too old (99) to get a loan on, it's American (300M) etc. Eventually we settled.

I found the Finance guy to be quite nice at Universal. We bought an extended warranty before he had a chance to pitch it.

Good luck! What are you trying to get?
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,591
    Hello, bigbandito:

I too just traded my '99 300M (loved the car!) and got NO RESPECT trade-wise (from 3 different dealers). Ended up with what I believe was an overall good deal on an '05 Acura TL.

I'm really gonna miss the M.

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

• laurasdada:

Our stories sound similar - except I hated the 300M !! Worst car I've ever had.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,591
    Really? That's too bad. I had reservations about buying a first model year Chrysler, but the car just spoke to me. And was a faithful servant after some first year warranty work (window motors, tranny sensor). But with 67,000 miles, I feared big repairs on the horizon...

To stay on track for this thread, my family has owned Nissans/Datsuns including a Maxima, Z and Sentra SE-R and (unbelievably under powered 5 door) Stanza. All great cars (well, maybe not the Stanza...).

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

• The specs on my car are:

2005 SE w/

Driver Preferred Package

Mats

Splash Guards

Wheel Locks

I also got them to knock off the dealer fees so that was $27,500 plus ttl.
  • otis12otis12 Posts: 160
    '05 Max SL with the Elite Package. After checking online investories of about a dozen area dealerships, I've found ONE that has an SL w/Elite in stock. Can any Nissan salesmen confirm that the Elite option is a rare, hard-to-find model? Also, I don't want a sunroof. Of course, the one dealer that has an SL Elite no sunroof in stock also has had problems with the state Consumer Affairs Dept., which makes me leery of dealing with them. If I go to the closest Nissan dealer to me, would they check area dealers as a routine matter and then swap stock to get what I want to buy?
  • epp1epp1 Posts: 48
    Local (Mpls, MN) internet sales manager is telling me that vehicles are pricing at $100-200 over invoice.

Promotions include $1000 cash back OR 2%x60mth financing. To me, it would be a better deal to take the cash back, financing with traditional 3rd party source at 4-5% and pay off in 1-2 years.

My question is, what other pockets of profit (dealer incentives, etc.) am I not seeing here?

The verbal qoute was $28.6K for a 2005 SE, 6MT, DPP, Pwr SR, mats, etc. - net of the $1K cash back with no negotiation yet on my part. Excluding cash back the price is $29.6K or right at invoice for this vehicle.

Thoughts?

TIA,

Sean
  • I am looking to lease a maxima SE I live in NY. Does anyone have any idea how much I should be paying a month?

Thank You,

Marissa
  • vookvook Posts: 1
    Just thought I would brighten your day in the US.

Since the greenback has been losing value over the last year or more, auto prices here is Canada are not looking comparatively good.

Case in point:

2005 Maxima SE, with auto/leather package (similar to preferred package) + sunroof.

MSRP = $40,100CAN + 1,055CAN delivery charge.

Total = $41,155CAN or approx. $34,220USD.

And here's the kicker.....federal and provincial taxes in Ontario add up to 15%.

A few years ago, buying a car here was cheaper than US due to exchange rates more favorable to US greenback. Enjoy (and hope I can get a screaming deal .... lol)
  • Hi Friend,

Are u in Washington state or washington DC? Anyway, i'll give u best price figures for both locations:

If ur in Washington State(Seattle etc,) the price for a 2004 model Maxima 3.5 SL with the options such as Drv pref pckg, VDC w/TCS, Pwr Sunroof, Spare Floor Mats/Trunk mats(5 piece set),Colored Splash Guards(4 piece set),and 50 state emissions is $28,064(inclusive of destination charge of $560)

For a 2005 model SL with the same options, the cost would be $28938. Please note that all 2004/2005 model Maxima SL's with VDC, automatically have Full size spare tires offered.

{Please round off the figure, and stick to ur guns regarding the above price. Contact as many dealers as possible and u'll surely be successful.

If necessary, negotiate for an even lesser price than that i have given you. Many dealers offer free oil change and oil filters at 3750 miles intervals throughout the life of the Maxima SL vehicle. Shop around for those dealers that offer such facilities, but do remember that the above low price will still be valid. Do not believe those dealers that say that offering such facilities would make the offered price higher.

Please remember that even with the above low prices that i have quoted u that are much below invoice, the dealer still makes a comfortable sum as his commission, so u have no reasons to feel guilty. As you can see that the prices that ive told u are almost $1000[for model year 2005 SL],and $1900[for model year 2004 SL] below the $29900 deal that u've been offered........

Happy shopping with ur Maxima, as i too own a 2005 SL with all the above options,plus DVD Sat Nav and XM Satellite radio that i got for only $30670. Its an awesome vehicle that u will surely enjoy driving !!}

Cheers!!

Your friend

SU-30MKI(the most advanced jet fighter in the world)

PS:Addl Information:

If ur in national capital Washington DC, the price for a 2004 model Maxima 3.5 SL with the options such as Drv pref pckg, VDC w/TCS,Pwr Sunroof, Spare Floor Mats/Trunk mats(5 piece set),Colored Splash Guards(4 piece set),50 state emissions is $28014(inclusive of destination charge of $560)

For a 2005 model SL the cost would be $29289. Please note that for 2004/2005 model Maxima SL's with VDC, automatically have Full size spare tires offered
  • kennyg5kennyg5 Posts: 360
    How is the nav, is it operable with voice recognition? Since it is now DVD based, I assume you only need one disc for 48 states (not Alaska and Hawaii). Are major Canadian cities also covered? Does the DPP include heated seats and heated steering wheel? If so, are the rear seats heated as well?
  • Hi Kennyg5

The DVD based Sat Nav for the Maxima SL is absolutely brilliant with Bird Eye view technology and 7 million points of interest. It is the same as the Sat Nav that is being offered in the Infinity Q45, M45/35, as well as the G35/35x, so its a stonking good deal. The Sat Nav is voice operated and recognizes over 500 spoken commands so u dont need to sit like a robot and speak slowly for the system to recognize what ur saying!!! go for it by all means. It covers continental USA excluding AK and HI, but does not cover Canada unfortunately...contact Nissan dealers and im sure that for a nominal amt, u can get coverage for all of Canada as well......

The DPP offers Heated seats for driver and passenger only but not Heated Steering Wheel. If u want heated rear seats then u'll have to opt for the Elite 4 seat rear package, that not only offers 2 heated rear seats, but also full power adjustable rear seats, express one touch up/down rear passenger windows with retained power accessory, as well as a nifty power operated rear sun screen!!!.....however, Elite pckg seating equipped Maximas are not easily available so u have to hunt for dealers that have such vehicles in stock....also i feel that bargaining for such a vehicle much below invoice wud be a tad bit more difficult...nevertheless bargain ruthlessly coz those dealers still need to clear the stock of Elite Package equipped Maximas!!!!!...remember go for the elite package version only if ur single or at the max 2 people, coz it becomes impractible if kids or more than 2 people need to ride in the back......

Cheers!!!!

(Do check out the SU-30MKI.....its an awesome bird)
  • gtgraygtgray Posts: 22
    I picked up a 2004 SL with all the goodies in October 2004 - my 3rd Maxima. I am becoming increasingly concerned over Nissan's quality - as I have had a strut replaced, a side view mirror replaced due to faulty motor / memory mechanism, and now one of the steering wheel radio buttons is acting up. Nissan is replacing the whole steering wheel for that one (about a $3000.00 item from what I'm told). The car has 18,000 miles and is still under warranty.

Has anyone purchased an extended warranty FROM NISSAN (not one of the independent services I receive daily spam about)on a vehicle this long after the original purchase? What can expect to pay for that? (i.e. - I don't really expect to pay full price - I realize that extended warranties can be had at roughly 50% the first price the dealershipos give you when you negotiate the price of a vehicle.) Thanks!!
  • Can anyone tell me the price for following Maxima,

2005 Nissan Maxima SL Auto

Power Glass Sunroof

Driver preferred package

VDC

Mats

Splash guards

Is the title and tax be paid on top of the price we negotiate with dealer? How much is that?

thanks in advance

Bondey
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    It's not really possible for us to tell you how much the tax & title will be, as those vary greatly from place to place. You will need to check with your state & local taxing authorities - the dealership should be able to give you a pretty good estimate.

kirstie_h

Roving Host

Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Oh.. ok. But then you did not tell me the price of the vehicle I had requested for?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    Well, that's because the current pricing is right on our site! Start by visiting our new vehicles page, and build your vehicle. When you are done, you'll get three prices - MSRP, invoice, and TMV (the average price that others in your area are paying).

If you're a good negotiator, you can try to do better than TMV (average), and aim for somewhere between invoice price & TMV.

kirstie_h

Roving Host

Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• suydamsuydam Posts: 924
    The best way to start to figure out a decent price is to use Edmund's new car pricing info which will have specifics on options and prices in your geographic area. Once you've narrowed that down then you can use the forums to see what others have been paying as a basis to negotiate.