Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi TT

Comments

• gpetrinogpetrino Posts: 4
    The car is very satisfying to drive. It is very quick and handles well. The ride is much stiffer than the 330i.

The only problems I have with the car is a persistent and very annoying dashboard rattle.
  • rudexrudex Posts: 1
    I have had my 2000 TT coupe into my dealer 6 times to fix an air intake problem. It is in today and the readout is telling them that it is an oxygen sensor. The car has noticeably lost power. Has anyone else experienced this problem with their TT?
  • slenahanslenahan Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me how to get just fresh air into the car (without just opening the windows-duh).
    Is the only approach to turn the heating/cooling system on and then just hitting the "economy" button?
  • claydjclaydj Posts: 9
    Packerfan2 – which dealership did you go through? Judging by your message, I am assuming they were good to deal with.

I am in Milwaukee and considering an A4 1.8 quattro or the TT180hp fwd. Yes, very different cars, but both have driving features that I am attracted to. I currently drive a VW GTIVR6 and the lease is up 9/9.

Any words of wisdom from the TT collective?
  • nschulman3nschulman3 Posts: 125
    I recommend the a-4 1.8 t. While the tt has a firmer ride and feels a bit more like a sports car, the lack of quattro really hurts. Also, the power difference between the a4 and tt is negligible. You can do this in the a4 without any side effects, but the power increase in the tt fwd will increase power AND torque steer. If your budget doesn't allow for a tt with quattro, i recommend the a4 1.8 with the sport package. As a formr owner of an a4 1.8 q with sport package and a current owner of a 2000 tt fwd, I feel i know the answer. Of course, the great lines of the tt may alter your decision.
  • wals9331wals9331 Posts: 1
    Are audi tt's fast. I have a 2001 cobra, will it beat me. I need to know my enemies :).
  • gpetrinogpetrino Posts: 4
    I used to have an A4 2.8 Quattro. I now have a TT 225 quattro coupe. Although the TT is faster and handles better, I think the A$ was a nore structurally sound car. The rattles that I hear in my TT were non-existent in the A4.

I also think the A4 Quattro system is superior. The Torsen center differential is clearly better than the Haldex wet clutch where most of the power goes to the front wheels as opposed to the Torsen system where it is a 50/50 split under normal driving conditions.

Then theres practicality. The A4 is quite practical while the TT is very impractical. If I had to do it again, I would wait for the new A4 to come out this fall as opposed to buying the TT.
  • mikeydermikeyder Posts: 3
    I'm 6' tall and bump my head every time I enter or exit my TT. Only way to avoid to is to push the seat all the way back and lower it to the floor,then I have to readjust all when I get back in,what a pain!! But what a running machine ! got the 225 HP.Mikey
  • I'm glad you found the info helpful. I was dealing with International Auto (Milwaukee) and Van Dyn Hoven Imports (Appleton). Both dealerships will play straight up BUT do your homework. Watch out for the $250 turn-in fee. That was a surprise for me but I guess Audi charges that everytime. They misquoted the residual which came in at 61% but the monthly payment was still in line at $431.80 including tax. I had them throw in a free oil change and lube at 2500 miles for the oversight in return for grading them well on their follow-up survey.
  • I'm a little embarrassed to post this question but I gotta know. I love my TT but I find it fairly weak off the line. Once you spool up 2nd and 3rd gear fly. I had my doors blown off by a black Suburu sedan (could've been a sleeper, I don't know for sure) the other day and I couldn't believe it. I'm sure I would've nailed him down the road a piece but we were between lights. Anybody got any advice for getting off the line quicker??
  • browndog3browndog3 Posts: 4
    For anyone comparing the tt to a bmw, there's no comparison. The bmw is old school. Go with the hip, stylish TT. Chicks dig it and it gets it big time!
  • kyingkying Posts: 61
    When my wife and I were thinking about buying a beamer 300's last year, our 20-year old daughter told us about the A4. Now we have a 2000 A4 and a 2001 TT. We looked at all the others (MB, BMW, Lexus ... ), but we think nothing offers the same satisfaction of owning a TT.
  • claydjclaydj Posts: 9
    I opted for the A41.8Q. Pick it up next Thursday. Thanks again for the information!
  • mmcbride1mmcbride1 Posts: 861
    Congrats. That's what I have and I love it. Come on over to the A4 forum and tell us what you got!
  • bjrichbjrich Posts: 125
    I imagine this a paint nose, hood type protector coating. Please advise me all about it!
  • mouvitimouviti Posts: 1
    Hi all, Ive got a 2001 225 cq..and Ive just recently modified it with the addition of H&R springs some 5mm wheel spacers and a Garret chip....the car is totally different..especially with the springs which I would recommend to anyone out there who wants better handling out of there cars......the chip gets the car uyp to about 257hp...and negates the lagf just a wee bit.....
  • barresa62barresa62 Posts: 1,379
    Sure that Sleeper Subaru sedan wasn't a WRX. If it was, I don't think you'd be catching it, maybe keep it in your sight though. :-)
  • winfredwinfred Posts: 11
    Hi, everyone,
    I'm interested in a pre-owned basic coupe with 180hp, FWD. The most basic one, I checked the price starting from 27000 up to whatever....
    I understand the price should be around 30% less after the first year, but for the case for TT, come as a 2000 version, but basically start selling from May 99, and it is two years from now already, so how much should I pay for it? So isn't it kind of unreasonable, since the basic price for the new 2000(99) is only $30500plus options? I really like the TT, just have a very tight budget, please help me out, any advise, opinion, and tips for me to get a good deal will be great. Thanks in advance.