Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Electronic Issue - 2010 Chevy Silverado

2010chevyguy2010chevyguy Member Posts: 1
edited August 2014 in Chevrolet

I have a 5.3L, 2WD, 6-Speed Auto with 115k miles. I recently had new lifters and cam installed by Jim Stutzman's dealership. I'm getting weird electronic issues. 1st noticed hesitation on interstate immediately followed by a flicker in the speedometer. After exiting interstate within 5 miles and stopping at exit ramp, during takeoff transmission slipped in second gear, nearly causing accident. Later that day after driving, without engaging park my doors unlocked then locked, instrument lights flickered, dash lights came on and off as if I just started truck... All this while I was in drive at 10-15mph... Then everything was normal. 2nd day while driving 55-65mph traction control light came on, said traction control disabled... Then light went off and traction control was back on... Within 5 seconds. I feel unsafe in this used car purchase... I've owned truck for 3 months and having mechanical and now electronic issues. My engine light has not come on, and after these weird reactions by truck, everything returns to normal. Has anyone else experienced any similar issues? Can GM customer service people on here respond please? I will take truck to dealership, but feel little will be done since issue is intermittent and they may not be able to recreated issues.

Comments

• 09_silverado09_silverado Member Posts: 3
    I have the exact same problem with my truck. 2009 silverado. 4 wheel drive. Same problems with motor. Gm put new motor in truck about 28000 miles ago. Cam got wiped out and scored cylinder walls. Now electrical issue is the same as yous. I have to drop off at end of week. If they figure out ill let you know 
  • staci1972staci1972 Member Posts: 2
    I have same problem with my 2011 chevy silverado 4 wheel drive. Took it in 3 times, they say there is nothing wrong with it. Has 32,000 miles only. Baught it 3 months ago.