Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hummer H2

Comments

• Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,986
    The Hummer Driving Academy

Steve
    Host
    SUVs, Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,986
    I keep posting links, but there doesn't seem to be much interest in the H2 around here.

Steve
    Host
    SUVs, Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards
  • I have been following this board for a couple of months and I am really surprised at the total lack of interest in the H2. I consider it a great alternative to Escalade, Navigator or any of the other higher end SUVs.
    www.lynchhummer.com has some really good info on it. Right now I own a tahoe and consider this a good alternative to the Z71.
    Any comments?
  • h1vch1vc Posts: 295
    If you really like it you should go to www.hummerh2.net.
  • Just curious if any one has taken a spin in one?
    Your on the h2ml. Its not out until this summer, so only gm guys and car magazines, etc have driven it. Arnolds pretty big, he fits so you should be fine.
  • I'm taller than Arnold; not as muscular though. The SUT that Arnold drove around in is a really sweet mobile. I got word that they are considering putting in DVD navigation on the H2; any one else know anything to further substantiate that?
    As far as head room goes; GM seems to design their trucks for Texans; Cowboy hats included!
  • ktowheelsktowheels Posts: 31
    Has anyone out there actually had the chance to test drive the H2 yet?
    Only amg, gm, car magazines, etc have test driven the Preproduction version. Its not out yet. If you're looking for offroad tests, check back in a month or so. GM is going to let some hummer club members and a dealer take the latest version offroad and let them do anything they want.
    I realize that only a very select few have been able to test drive the preproduction version of the H2; I was kind of hoping that at least one of them might browse through this board and just maybe, maybe that person could give us a little taste as to how things looked so far.
    I know it was a long shot, but they have been way too slow and tight lipped with this SUV.
    BTW- have you seen the article on rockcrawler.com ?
    Nope. Where, I don't see it.
    Thanks. Schawrzenegger.com has a clip of him
    driving the sut, it might show him getting out, i have dial up so didn't download it. Edmunds has 115 character limit so can't post direct link. Bob probably sat in one in IN, so you can ask him how it felt. Or you can go to paragon, I think thats the event, and test drive one off road.
  • jrosoffjrosoff Posts: 10
    It is interesting to read the posts of H1 owners, bashing the H2. I had a 95 wagon back about 6 years ago. It was the baddest "truck" around! However, being in south Florida, I did not take advantage of its true capabilities and it was not meant for a daily driver. The reasons are obvious and do not need to be pointed out. But the H2! This thing screams Hummer. And from what I have read, will be a capable off roader and still be refined enough to be more than a capable on roader. Perfect.

I have my reserved spot on my local dealer's list and am driving my wife crazy with my excitement. Is it July yet?
    I couldn't agree more. H1 owners have the most capable off road vehicle out there. With this said, I would never want one because most of my driving in in the city and that is one of the most uncomfortable things 100k can buy. The H2 is Hummer's way of taking all of the complaints about Hummer's not being practical and smashing the rest of the competition. I think that this is far and away the best SUV out there for the overall use that 99.9% of prospective buyers are going to use an SUV for.
    Just wish they'd hurry it up and get some out there for us to test drive. :)
  • boxtrooperboxtrooper Posts: 843
    H2 has a 44 foot turning radius and it is wider than your average pickup, so no compact car parking, limited parallel parking, maybe trouble with some covered parking overhead clearance. All this and it has 6 fewer cubic feet of cargo space than an Isuzu Trooper which is 9 inches narrower turns in 38 feet and is 2500 lb. lighter than the HummerH2, plus you can buy two or three Troopers for the cost of one H2.
    as a matter of fact have five. I will admit, I would not want an H2 in NYC for example, but in south FL this thing will kick @ss. (Well hopefully it will, as I have yet to drive it never mind sit in it).

Do you guys believe the hype about selling 10-15K over invoice as soon as it comes out? I am locked into MSRP and might just consider selling mine if this rumor turns true. Wait a couple of months and get one under MSRP - seems like a good deal to me.
    To even compare a trooper with the H2 is missing the point. Soccer mom vehicles should not be part of the real SUV world. I doubt that a Trooper could complete the Rubicon as the H2 has. If you need to carry cargo with the H2; put it on top or tow it; or take the secondary vehicle in your house.
  • they are??? Hmmmmm, not to my knowledge, but then again I've run my Trooper on trails that Humvees can't access because of their track width. Humvees are the modern day ‘look-at-me’ cars. If you have to put down a Trooper, I just have to ask you if you have ever been off-road and how insecure are you. Have you ever been off-road? How insecure are you? Humvees come in good stock condition for tackling the off-road trails, but they do have their drawbacks. When one looks at the price and could easily spend half of the price of an H2 on buying a reliable vehicle, upgrade it with a lift, tires, and lockers for an even more capable vehicle than an H2, it just doesn’t seem very smart. The H2 is definitely designed towards the ‘look-at-me’ crowd’. ‘nuf said.
    I am sure the Trooper is great for what you use it for and what you paid for it, but should not be compared to a beast like the Hummer.

Hummer owners might like the attention their "beasts" earn them, but insecure? Come on!
    You must be kidding. It is always interesting to me that the "have-nots" always call those who "have" insecure. Lets be honest, if you had the means would you get a Trooper or a Hummer? A mustang or a 911? Lets drop the insecure thing right now, otherwise you are going to have a few more boards to hit (Porsche owners, Ferrari owners, Lambo owners, Bentley owners, etc.)

The only emotion on this board might be a hint of jealousy from such trooper owners. There is no reason to be, just go out and get an H2 of your own. If it comes out, on target, at $50K, its only $14K more than your isuzu. Further, you will not need to add a single mod to it. Climb on the Hummer band wagon, we assure you, you will not be disappointed.