Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hummer H2

Comments

• tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    It appears that most posts are simply links to other sites. I'm sure we'd prefer to discuss the Hummer than to just post URLs.

tidester
    Host
    SUVs; Aftermarket & Accessories
  • tbcreativetbcreative Posts: 357
    Check out this month's Motor Trend for a full review of the H2 at Moab! I just got it in the mail. Great pics and a fantastic review...pick it up, if you haven't already!
  • h1vch1vc Posts: 295
    Hard to have a discussion when I think I'm the only one here.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,845
    Yeah, what's the deal. Are Hummers just too exotic or too expensive to get people on Town Hall talking about them? Maybe we need to rename this topic "I Don't Like Hummers, Why Do You?"

Steve
    Host
    SUVs, Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• grunt03grunt03 Posts: 15
    It's hard to believe the H2 doesn't have more room inside. I wonder just how difficult entry will be for larger people to the rear seats. From what I've heard, it's going to be kind of tight.
    I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I've had one ordered for about a month now and having some second thoughts. Mainly about the rear seat access. I guess in can't be any harder to enter that an extended Z-71 without the third door.
    Do you know about the Hummer personal assistants? If you don't. Go to Hummer.com. Look around, somewhere there is a personal assistant signup page. It's free, you can sign up then ask them where the demo thats going around the country is. Then you can go to that dealer for a sit.
    Yes,

That's how I got started. Rep. named Toby. I'm in north Florida and ended up getting the order in in south Fl. As of a few of days ago, we have a new dealer here in Jacksonville. Same dealer I bought 3 vehicles from in the last five years.
    They don't expect one in for about 3 weeks. A friend who sells there, didn't even know they were going to be a dealer last month. They have orders for a least 20 already.

My order down state will be in before they get any on the floor.
    Ask him. Its still going across the country. I just don't know where. Please post it here if you get a date and location. Thanks.
    Thanks,

I'll contact him in the am.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Personally, I think we should get all the H2 owners in one place - like right here - instead of scattered all over the net! We could get a critical mass that way! :-)

tidester
    Host
    SUVs; Aftermarket & Accessories
    I just talked to the Hummer assistant and he says all dealership should have at least one H2 this week on the floor.
    Thanks. Hopefully you fit fine. Are you going to replace your Hummer with the H2?
    From HML and H2ML
    Hummer executives say the H2 sport utility truck likely will make its debut in late 2004 as a 2005 model. It will feature a 36-inch bed and a unique power window that rolls down automatically into the midgate at the touch of a switch on the overhead console. This midgate -- a kind of tailgate located in the middle of the truck, separating the bed from the passenger area -- is patterned after a traditional station wagon tailgate. The power switch that lowers the midgate window can also lower the four side windows simultaneously. The H2 will be the second vehicle in the Hummer series since GM began its partnership in 1999 with Hummer's parent, AM General, the Indiana military vehiclemanufacturer.

GM executives say the H3 -- which will be built on the all-new, Isuzu-engineered Chevrolet Colorado platform -- likely will cost about $30,000. The main concern as GM makes its business case for building the H3 is whether a more affordable Hummer can deliver the performance expectations of Hummer consumers. The Hummer H3 is expected to be built at GM's Shreveport, La., plant, which currently turns out the GMC Sonoma and Chevrolet S10 pickups.

Also, GM/Hummer is in negotiations with an unnamed, upscale retailer to develop and market a small gas-powered vehicle about the size of a
    golf cart and priced around $20,000. So far, nobody's called it the H4.
  • ktowheelsktowheels Posts: 31
    Good to see that you guys are finally coming to the party. It was hard to discuss the H2 with only a few people. If you are having second thoughts about the H2; you are not alone. After going and sitting in one in Dallas I cancelled my order. There is zero room! I am going to stick to my Tahoe for now. I implore each of you that are over six foot tall to go sit in it!
    I was so disappointed! I now know what it is like for kids too short to ride the really good roller coasters! I will continue to hound the Hummer guys until the come up with a way of lowering the seat about three inches closer to the floor.
    I recommend that those that are new to this discussion thread to start at the begining; many a good conversation were had in regards to performance expectations. Always interesting to see how speculation lives up to reality!
    Later,
    K
    The room is my only concern. I may be cancelling my order as well. I haven't sat in one as of yet and already feel as if the seat will be too high.

I guess I'll find out this week.

Buddy
    Ok, let's hear what everyone thinks of Edmunds' review:

First Drive: 2003 Hummer H2

Steve
    Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Think it's pretty good. Learned some things from it.
    Now that seems to be a pretty positive review to me. Those are things I like to hear. Of course you can exclude the gas mileage. The last time I got 10 or less mpg was in the 60's. I remember those gas drinking muscle cars...those were the good o'days.
  • nanuqnanuq Posts: 765
    Steve, you know as well as I that thing wouldn't make it out of the parking lot on the Old Sterling "Highway" (snicker) trail. It's just toooooooo darn big! But it is a cool color.
    It's getting like whitewater boating. In the old days you had a canoe or kayak and you ran the river. Now you have "destination" boats and you pick one from your quiver depending on whether you want to surf a wave, play in a hole or boof a creek.

So now you have a Hummer in the garage for the slickrock, a Rover for the skinny stuff in the woods, and a topless Wrangler for the sand. Why not? Bet lots of folks have mountain bikes and 10-speeds in their garages too.

Steve
    Host

For those of you that get up early. I read that the H2 will be on Good Morning America and the Today show tommorw.
  • kvsm3kvsm3 Posts: 32
    Hi all,
    In my neighborhood this morning, saw the H2 and all I can is WOW!! It was an orange/copperish color. Looked great and intimidating!! I love the styling of it. not your everyday SUV!
    There's RCs for the real little ones, gorcarts for the kid. The golf carts for teens without licenses, the around 30k H3 for those on a budget, the H2/SUT for the one that needs luxury, the Hummer for the one that refuses to stay on road, and now the H4? for the elderly.

http://www.scooter411.com/bruno/bruno_humvee.asp

The only thing left is a Hummer herse.
    www.wisconsinhummerowners.com/bergstrom.html

has a clip of the H2 on the new dealership test track. If you have dial-up, plan on waiting, it took me over 3 hrs to download it @48k, probably closer to 4. Nothing too extreme, but still pretty cool.
    H2 on motorweek on speed channel 12am eastern.
  • 1997montez341997montez34 Posts: 201
    In the past week I have seen 3 H2s on the road. Very cool truck!
    WHAT?! There are discussions on this thread?Actually the AMG spec is 12 years. 60% slope, 40% side under FULL gvw. Over 60 degrees slope 40 degree side when not loaded or slightly loaded. It has great offroad mobility, in open areas anyway, horrible in small tight places. I think they're great, but damn they're expansive.