Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Armrest Report - 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2014 in Nissan
imageArmrest Report - 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds puts its pickiest armrest tester on the case to assess the padding in its long-term 2014 Nissan Rogue. Pass or fail?

Read the full story here

Comments

• cx7lovercx7lover Member Posts: 90

Having been in a many of 2013 Altima's, those plastics look just as cheap to me. Especially the feel of the door pull

• rwatsonrwatson Member Posts: 144

It seems that only a few years ago, most cars had decent quality materials inside. Now days, it's hard to find any unless you are willing to pay top-dollar. Reason? Because most people don't even notice, so they can get away with it. Why? What I usually rant over: So long as it has a cool looking Dollar Store-quality touch screen in the middle, you can imbed it in a turd and they'll buy it for 10k over it's true value. When will people wake up and demand quality for their devalued dollar? I'm done, techno-dweebs.

• misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471

@rwatson: I guess my experience is the complete opposite -- I have found that interiors have only improved over the past 10 years or so. And by "improved", I mean an exponential increase in the quality of materials used. Perhaps it has to do with the price segments in which we both shop? Mine is the decidedly lower-end, so one could argue that the segment had nowhere to go but up...

• rgp1000rgp1000 Member Posts: 8

I would have to agree with Mr. F. I just bought mine about 24 days ago and haven't gone for a 4-5 hour drive yet, but I find the padded sections comfortable. and to me, the interior is stellar. I have black leather interior.