Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Nissan creates huge scam with the NV200 vans.....

dwsuttondwsutton Member Posts: 0
edited August 2014 in Nissan

Just as a warning. The Nissan / Chevy vans use a Euro metric tire that lasts about 15K. At that point you have to go back to THE DEALER to order tires which run about $200.00 a tire because no one else in the US sells them. Had I know this I never would have purchased my Nissan. A huge scam / ripoff from the manufacturer to force you to buy sub-standard tires at inflated prices from the dealership. Call me unhappy.

Comments

• Options
    tireguytireguy Member Posts: 200

Would you consider buying smaller aftermarket rims? If you can find some 14" rims (assuming this vehicle doesn't have massive break rotors that fill up the whole 15" rim), you might be able to go with the slightly taller 195/70R14s, which have an adequate load rating of 91. The extra inch of diameter might cause them to rub a little at full lock, but who cares? A 60 series tire on a commercial vehicle is ridiculous. The 70 series tires will ride better and last longer.
    You can buy a full set of those 14" tires for under $300, less than half what Nissan will charge you for a new set of 185/60R15Cs.
    Just some food for thought.