Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wish list for Next Gen Tacoma - what would you improve

124»

Comments

• sc0rpi0sc0rpi0 Posts: 897
    The speculation is this:
    There's a 3.7L V6 in the works that'll give 245/285 output. If that's a 4Runner specs, then it's almost guaranteed that Tacoma will have higher output due to less-restricted exaust.
    That new engine is rumoured to be the standard engine for 4Runner, with the current Tundra iForce V8 to be an optional one.
    The risk is that since 4Runner shared drivetrain with Tacoma, and Toyota is set out to make 4Runner a "mallrunner", 3rd gen Tacoma might suffer from that. We'll see. It might be ok.
  • tacotextacotex Posts: 2
    Thanks,

I hope that the Tacoma doesn't get emasculated with this new change. But the new V6 sounds awesome. Imagine 260hp 300ft-lbs! Even if it gets the same engine as the 4runner it will be tough for any other compact truck to compete.
  • saddaddysaddaddy Posts: 566
    That any Toyota tacoma will be tough for ANY manufacturer to compete with.
  • Still have the '98 TRD Tacoma 3.4L 4x4 5 speed with 152K on it now. I like the looks of this grille a whole lot better than the newer ones. I would've liked to have the option of a 5-speed in the Pre-Runner, as I DO go off road a bit, but not anyplace to where I'd worry about not having 4WD if I had the higher suspension of the Pre and maybe a locking rear end. 190 hp is plenty for me. I don't hammer it that much, but I do tow a trailer every so often. More tie downs in the bed would be nice. My bucket seats are fine (6'2"", 200#), but I would've liked a bucket type on my side with a bench type on the passenger side, so I could haul all the rugrats more easily. The back seat is getting a bit small. I will eventually get a DC or a Tundra 4 door, but I am way too cheap to pay dealer new, just ask my wife. I'll wait till you guys put some whacking on them, then pick them up cheap. After all, it is a truck. One last item: somebody needs to market a way to have a truckbox in the bed that doesn't sit on the floor, but does not extend higher than the top of the bed. The ones that sit on the rail obstruct my vision, and the ones that just sit in the floor disallow you to shove stuff up under them during transport. Maybe put a dent in the middle so a dirt bike tire could be wedged in there, and some tie downs on the corners. Just an old TN boy's opinion.
  • I don't understand what all the fuss is on engine size. If you want a V8, just get the Tundra. I think the V6 is more than adequate, but I also think the 4 cyl is a mistake. Just my 2 cents worth.

I am looking into getting and '03 next year (on clearance hopefully)
  • Folks,

Anyone that has the double cab please sound off and let me know what you think of it!

I am seriously considering one next year, and I would love to hear your experiences!

Also if you have the cap for the back what do you think of that too would help.

Here's something I noticed at the dealer - they had a nice double-cab with a cap on it, but I noticed that the bedliner was under the rail, and I'd really only want one with an over the rail bedliner. So my real question is:

Does anyone also have a cap with an above the rail bedliner? The dealer said it may make some noise when your driving because the seal isn't that tight, but I don't believe him. Anyone have this setup? Thanks!
  • I don't understand what all the fuss is on engine size. If you want a V8, just get the Tundra. I think the V6 is more than adequate, but I also think the 4 cyl is a mistake. Just my 2 cents worth.

I am looking into getting and '03 next year (on clearance hopefully)
124»
This discussion has been closed.