Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• soluvedsoluved Posts: 6
    Hi Everyone,

Im a first time audi buyer and am currently in negotiations with the dealer for an 2005 A4 2.0 T quattro. I wanted to find out if infact Audi is offering the Audi loyalty bonus on the A4s. My sister recently bought an A4 and I figured it might be worth a shot. Please reply if anyone has any ideas.

Also, I've heard that some companies offer new college graduate incentives. Does Audi offer any and what are the requirements?

thanks,
  • joannabjoannab Posts: 2
    I think you're very close --- looks good enough. BUT -- on the 2005.5's they can give you a money factor of .00072 right now if they add $500 to the sell price (which works in your favor). It's called buying down the rate...
  • joannabjoannab Posts: 2
    yes it's true. they can take $1000 off the selling price. BUT -- dont tell them you have that car UNTIL after you get the final sale price, otherwise they could just bump you up $1000 and then take it down by that much when they show you the discount...
  • rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    You're crazy if you think you can lease a new $36,500 2006 A4 for $350/month. Audi was advertising a $359/month lease with about $3500 down on a 33k Quattro. And that was an 05.5, not an 06. The 06's don't lease out near as well. And your trying to buy a car that's 3 grand more expensive that they were advertising.
  • I have an '01 Isuzu Trooper. So the reliability is incredible on my truck. My driving is about 75% highway driving and with my SUV getting 14.5mpg on the highway and with rising gas prices and no decrease ever insight I need to jump on the wagon and get a more gas economical ride. I have been researching the A4 '1.8T quattro, '01 and '02 models (preferably the '02).
    The question is whether or not those vehicles are worth the investment. Are there any major problems with these two cars? Does anyone considering them a money hole? I don't know the reliability on these cars, and being that I am in the Coast Guard there isn't alot to go around so reliability is a big concern of mine. Are they dependable/comparable to a camry or accord or is this the kind of car that has "it's fair share of problems?"
    thanks for the help
  • mcmuneymcmuney Posts: 64
    I don't know if people are using the Audi website, they have a special on a 2 year lease on a 2005 A4 2.0T Quattro for only $359 per month (including tax).

This is even better news. I was looking to trade-in my 2004 A4 3.0 CVT for the 2005.5 model and I was being offered a 3-yr lease payment of about $530 including tax. I was turned off by the deal. The dealer now just informed that Audi just launched a owner loyalty program last week and the same cars is being offered to me at $410 including tax. This is true good to be true.

Has anyone heard of this loyalty program???
    There is $1000 owner loyalty on the 05.5 A4 if you are a current Audi owner.
  • The '02 B6 A4 series is more reliable that the previous generation. Audi and VW had troubles with the ignition coils on some cars using the 1.8t engine during the '01 & '02 model years. Many were replaced (they tended to fail sooner rather than later). I had an '02 Avant with the manual transmission and the car was excellent but others have had not so excellent experiences. Due to this I would want to see the service records for any A4 under consideration and I would also want to look into an extended coverage plan of some sort. BTW, this car is not exactly a rocket and the AT transmission doesn't help matters.

I just picked up a new A4 over the weekend and, after a few days, think the car is the bomb but I gotta tell you that I probably wouldn't buy a four year old A4... and you did mention reliability as a "big concern." For the price of a used A4 Avant you are in the ball park price range of a four-door Scion, Mazda 3 wagon and a bunch of other small, sporty wagon-like cars... but then perhaps you have a sense of adventure :P

Hey... best of luck to ya!

Byron
    Just test drove a 2005.5 3.2 A4. The loyalty program offers $1000 and .00072 money factor if you're leasing.

I'm almost ready to make a deal but I can't get any payment calculator to tie back to dealers payments. The difference in monthly payment is always around $100 bucks. Here's how I'm calculating the monthly payment:

MSPR: $41,570
    Residual Value: $22,448 (54% - 15K 3-YR lease)
    Purchase Price: $39,000
    MF: .00072
    Down: $5000
    Audi Incentive: $1000
    Term: 36 months

My payment figures:

Depreciation: $293
    Finance: $40
    Tax: $27

Total Payment: $361
    Dealer Calculate Payment: $434

A difference of $73 per month. Am I calculating incorrectly or is the dealer trying to screw me???
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,671
    Some possibilities..

1) The dealer has already factored the incentive into the purchase price..

2) What you are referring to as $5000 down, is really $5000 due at signing... If you take out 1st payment, security deposit and acquistion fee, then that lowers the downpayment part of it to around $3500...

That equals $2500 total.. Almost $70/mo.. That is pretty close to your difference... That might be it... or not... just guessing..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

1) This has not been factored in.

2) Yes, this could explain the difference. I did not discuss any drive-off fees.

They're actually offering me a decent value for my trade-in. I might be trading my 2003 A4 3.0 CVT for a 2005.5 A4 3.2 Quattro tomorrow.

Thanks.
    Anyone know what the interest rate for a purchase is under the loyalty program? (5 year)
    Interest rates have nothing to do with loyalty money. You get the $1000 lease cash if your a current A4 owner.

Interest rates are the same whether you currently have an Audi or not, and there aren't any special rates with Audi on the A4's to my knowledge right now.
  • The loyalty program is offering .00072 money factor for leases, I thought they'd also have an interest rate.

Anyhow, I'm so close yet so far away. The dealer and I have a difference of $23 per month in what we want. The time is ticking, I have until 09.06.05.
  • I am a novice to this forum (as well as to car buying). I am in Central NJ and have liked the 2006 A4 2.0T, quattro, auto.

I am not sure which options I will get, but can anyone tell me, how much over Invoice price would be considered a good deal? I have my financing options completely open (buy, lease or finance).

Also, another question, a little out of place - How does the car compare with Volvo S40 T5 AWD, auto?
  • Hello,
    I saw this forum and was wondering if you could help me. I've never leased a car and plan to lease an Audi A4 2.0T Quattro. I live in the Dallas, TX area. The MSRP of the car I have is $36,710 (Pemiium, Sunroof, S-Line Pack) + $720 Destination. The invoice is $34,005.

I recall in one of your posts last week you had said that Audi is offering $2500 dealer cash for this car. I asked Audi and they claimed to not know anything about this. Is this the case? I am looking for a 15K mile 24 or 36 month lease. What do you think my payments would be like respectively and fair? I know that Audi is offering special lease offers till Nov, but do you know what I should expect to pay out of pocket upon signup so they don't tack up fees?

I appreciate any feedback you can give. i just graduated college and this will be my first car lease and I don't want to be had. I would really be thankful for any of your expertise.

Thank-you again
  • Just in case you're looking in the Chicago area, I've had just about every dealer in the area respond with everything from MSRP to $1000 off MSRP. I had one dealer offer me the technology package free ($1275) and that's what I took. Good luck.
  • Is it still on (1,000) for October? If you own a VW does it apply ordo you have to own an Audi?
  • edwardsfedwardsf Posts: 187
    I have decided to lease an A4 with leather and Bose but without the premium, lighting or cold packages. I don't want to pay for options I really don't want. I have been to 3 dealers in the SF Bay Area and have not seen one A4 without the premium package. So apparently I need to order one but this too seems challenging. None of the sales guys has been interested in assisting this effort (amazingly no followup calls!) and one, at Rector in Burlingame, even said he would not even consider ordering such a car. (This was a guy who mixed up CVT with the type of engine).

So the questions are:
    1) How do you get these guys to order one?
    2) Can you negotiate price on something they don't want to do?
    3) If you lease, do you negotiate the price as you order or just wait till it comes in?

Finally, has anyone driven an A4 Avant? Do they drive similarly to the sedan?
  • wco81wco81 Posts: 495
    Looks like there are some "new" lease deals on the 2006 A4s (as opposed to the deals on the 2005.5 models).

Can anyone deduce the selling price (as opposed to the MSRP they list), MF and residual from these deals? On surface, appealing because under $1000 drive off and well under $400 a month before taxes.

A4 2.0T FWD lease on audiusa.com

It appears the Bay Area Audi dealers don't want to do this deal because they don't have stripper FWD models? Instead, they want more money up front for a Quattro with Premium and Sunroof (the Audi site doesn't let you de-select the sunroof :()

Bay Area lease deal (click on A4 lease link)

$34,910 MSRP (Tiptronic, sunroof, Premium, destination), 24-month, $1999 lease inception ($1,065 down + $575 acquisition + $359 first month), 10k miles per year.