Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    fmcdonnell5fmcdonnell5 Member Posts: 3
    My special order took three months - I ordered my '04 A4 3.0 6MT on December 2nd and picked it up on February 27th.
  • Options
    newdoc2002newdoc2002 Member Posts: 7
    I've read from several sites that there is no dealer holdback for Audi. How do you get prices so close to invoice if the dealer isn't making profit on the holdback? Edmunds doesn't list any incentives on these cars either.
  • Options
    msruckusmsruckus Member Posts: 5
    But, only $1000 down and this is in Chicago with its sky high taxes. 1.8T Quattro, Brilliant Red, Premium, Cold Weather, Tiptronic - beautiful! I am so excited. My husband and I have been looking at cars for months, driving everything and it came down to this, an X3 and an FX 35. We kept coming back to the A4 thinking it was the best bang for the buck (especially considering gas prices around here). Well, yesterday was our anniversary and I went to the dealer, had a great experience there, and signed on my deal and took my car home. Then I surprised my husband for our anniversary! He was speechless. I was so nervous taking the plunge without him, but it worked out great and we are so happy. Reading here, it seems like others have lower leases, but I feel like my deal is very reasonable, especially considering how little I paid up front.
  • Options
    cra2ygir1cra2ygir1 Member Posts: 3
    Delivery date: May 27, 2003

2004 A4 1.8T CVT
    FWD
    Ocean Blue Pearl
    Ebony
    Premium Package
    Bose
    Sirius

Newport Beach Audi, Newport Beach, CA
  • Options
    mikeike12000mikeike12000 Member Posts: 9
    After what seemed like forever in new auto researching, I made my decision. It started out with the BMW 325i, Volvo s602.5T, Saab 9-3 2.0t arc, and last but by far least the Audi A4 1.8 T. I based my decision on the Edmunds.com TCO, paying close attention to fuel economy, depreciation, and operating costs. Not to mention the winner hands down was so much fun to drive I test drove all several times, and the Audi 2 times in two weeks.
     So here goes;

I wanted my Audi A 4 yesterday, so I made my order today.
    2005 Audi A4 1.8 T CVT
    ultra sport
    premium
    cold weather
    xenon lights
    dolphin gray, ebony leather int
    $32400 out the door
    delivery to be mid October, highly anticipating pick up!
  • Options
    kevin33kevin33 Member Posts: 1
    I am getting real close to making this deal and would appreciate any comments.

options:
    Black on platinum
    premium
    cold weather
    17" alloys
    BOSE and XM
    destination

MSRP = 38,400
    Invoice = 34,800
    TVM = 36,600

I expect a quote around 33,800. Dealers are really pushing the 3.0. Also, who pays for the transportation fee on an out-of-state dealer-dealer trade?
  • Options
    tulip1tulip1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi everyone,
    Thanks for your help with this decision. We're looking at purchasing from a private (first) owner of A4 '02 3.0 quattro with the following:
    22K Miles
    Automatic, Brilliant Black Ext, Ebony premium leather interior
    Premium Pkg
    Cold Weather Pkg
    Sports Pkg
    Bose Premium Sound
    Rear Side Airbags
    Pwr Rear Sunshade, Manual Side Sunshade

the car is selling for $26K. I've researched this board and asked the seller about any issues re: engine coil replacements, mirror lights, lag and lurch, and gear locked in park.

1. ARE THERE ANY QUESTIONS OR ITEMS I SHOULD LOOK FOR?

2. IS THIS CAR A GOOD BUY? We love the look of the A4. But don't know if buying the first year of this model is a good idea. We are in NO RUSH to buy, and can keep looking for a 2003.

THANKS!
  • Options
    briancalgarybriancalgary Member Posts: 10
    To do that, I need your email account at Carcostcanada.com. Please email me with your email address. You can help me save $10. My email is briandwlee@orgio.net

Thanks.

Brian
  • Options
    schoggifanschoggifan Member Posts: 4
    I just leased above for 383/ mo plus tax with
    zero down. Due at signing was first payment, 575 bank fee, 425 sec deposit, lic plates and reg.
    1657.00, bought in MA
    price was 31500, res 53%, value 17660.00
  • Options
    keitaroukeitarou Member Posts: 45
    What was your money factor? What was the invoice price as well? Thanks.
  • Options
    jros4jros4 Member Posts: 2
    What dealership did you buy from? I am in negotiation with Bernardi in Natick???
  • Options
    marshallcpamarshallcpa Member Posts: 22
    I'm likely going to lease a 2005 A4 1.8T Q 6M. Because of aggressive pricing, an e-mail certificate from Audi, and the way Audi has structured its lease program, with 0 cap cost reduction, the payments are essentially the same from 24 to 42 month terms. I'm leaning toward 24 months because of upcoming changes to car. However, to do 24 mo., I want to avoid replacing tires before I hit 30K lease max on the mileage. For those who have these cars, at what mileage did you replace the tires? My wife had a 96 A4 2.8 front-trak, and I think we replaced around 35 or 36K. Don't know if they were the same tires. Any feedback would be appreciated. By the way, if I take the plunge, the car will have the 17" wheels.

Also, I have an offer on the table for $750 over invoice for a 2005. Dealer processing fee is $100. From a follow-up e-mail, I get the feeling there might be some room to negotiate. They do not know that I have a $500 off certificate from Audi, and will not find out until after we have agreed on the price. Any feedback on negotiating strategy would be appreciated.

Brian
  • Options
    smc1971smc1971 Member Posts: 1
    Here's the deal I'm being offered, please comment:

2001 A4 2.8T Quattro
    35,000 miles
    Premium, cold weather packages
    Auto w/ Tip

Out-the-door price (w/ proc fee, etc.) = $21,900
    4.9% financing, 60 months
    $338/month payments

Good deal?? Thanks in advance for your time and input.
  • Options
    jros4jros4 Member Posts: 2
    Brian,

Where are you negotiating? I am looking at an A4 1.8T manual wagon. 1,000 over invoice. How did you get this certificate from Audi. My S4 tires needed to be replaced around 35K miles by the way. Thanks for your help.

joe
  • Options
    vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    If you're registered at audiusa.com you should have received it via their weekly (?) newsletter. It's good for $500 on top of any other discounts so don't send it to the spam file!
  • Options
    schoggifanschoggifan Member Posts: 4
    Moneyfactor was 0.0011
    Bought at IRA
  • Options
    kristinkristin Member Posts: 2
    I registered at audiusa.com and was hoping to get a $500 certificate, but I have not received any e-mail from them yet. Can anyone tell me when the newsletter was sent and when the offer expires? Thanks!
  • Options
    bailey1bailey1 Member Posts: 6
    I bought an 04 with 12k miles on it. It was listed at 36,800. I offered 36,000, they agreed right off the bat (made me a little suspicious, but what the heck - I've never owned a luxury car before). Did all the negotiations over the phone in about 15 minutes and drove it home the next morning. I couldn't be happier with the service, salesperson or the car.

2004 A4 1.8 Convertible
    Red with Black Top
    Premium Package
    Premium Leather
    Light Package
    Audio Package
    6 year, 100k mile warranty
    2.99%/24 months with 8,000 down

I am really digging this car - so if I took a bath on it price-wise, please don't let me know! :)
  • Options
    iwanaaudiiwanaaudi Member Posts: 1
    Can you send my a copy? I am about to pull the trigger and I need to save every penny ;0)
  • Options
    If you make your e-mail address public, I'll forward you the e-mail from Audi that includes the certificate. I think it is transferable. Don't post your address here or the spammers will get it.
  • Options
    marshallcpamarshallcpa Member Posts: 22
    Joe,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I've been out of town. I'm negotiating with the internet manager at Rockville (MD) Porshe-Audi.

Like the other posts, I believe I received the certificate because I'm registered at AudiUSA.com.

Thanks for the feedback on the tires.

Brian
  • Options
    mzstrezmzstrez Member Posts: 2
    Vinnyny - could I please get that forward as well.

I am a first time car buyer/leaser. I put a $500 deposit down for a 2004 1.8T Quattro Auto with cold weather, premium, sport, infotainment, AND lighting. Lucky to get my first color choice silver with ebony interior. The deal is going down next tuesday! Please help me!
  • Options
    I'm still looking for the electronic copy. I'll try to send it today.
  • Options
    qboom76qboom76 Member Posts: 7
    Hello all...I live in the Tri-State (DE/PA/NJ) area and was planning on getting an A4 Quattro, either 1.8T or 3.0

Has anyone run into any bad/decent/great lease experiences? I'm interested in knowing what your MSRP was, the agreed value of the car, down payment, monthly payment, options on the car. I'm struggling with the choice of a X3 or an A4, and it's gonna come down to cost....

Thanks for any feedback!
  • Options
    Unfortunately,I can't forward the certificate because I deleted the e-mail. I only have my hard copy. The certificate went out from audiusa on 8/11/04 and expires 9/30/04. You might be able to get one from Audi@audiusa.chtah.com.

The certificates are transferable, so if anyone else still has one they would like to share, please send it to these folks.
  • Options
    mzstrezmzstrez Member Posts: 2
    I received my certificate thru Audi.

My salesperson was gracious enough to help me get it without even asking him about it. (Apparently it doesn't affect his earnings). This is what you do: Request a quote from audiusa.com in the special offers section, it should come within 48 hours. Make sure you check to be notified by email. The emails will continue throughout September. I am reluctant to forward it b/c it has a certificate ID on it.

Thank you to the board for your posts. I have been silently absorbing all the info and advice for months! I think some may have got better deals but I am happy with the one that I am negotiating and with my salesperson considering the color and options. 2004 choices are pretty limited now. I would recommend him to anyone in N. California.

2004 Audi A4 Quattro Automatic pretty loaded!
    (see previous post)
    600 above invoice
    .0006 money factor
    51% residual

Would you say I did okay? We are finalizing on Tuesday.
  • Options
    innocencekillsinnocencekills Member Posts: 21
    on a A4 and would like to input on what's "do-able" on pricing

Car

2004 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Exterior Color

1st Choice: Light Silver Metallic
    2nd Choice: Dolphin Grey

Interior Color: Ebony

Optional Equipment installed w/codes

PQS - Ultra Sport Package
    PPX - Premium Package
    RXM - Infotainment Package
    XLP - Lighting Package
    PAW - Cold Weather Package
    1QE - Northeast Emissions
    AWL - Security Wheel Locks

Am wondering if 31.5 out the door is a resonable offer. I know it's below invoice (way below) but given the slow sales of the A4's (read the report)and the fact that a redesgined model in only I few months away maybe I'll get lucky.

TIA
  • Options
    richzrichz Member Posts: 160
    And how significant is the redesign? Would now be a good time to buy a new 04?
  • Options
    The following was taken from Detroit News

http://info.detnews.com/autosinsider/sneakpeek/index.cfm?id=15612

Audi A4 to get major facelift for '06

Audi is preparing a major mid-cycle freshening of its A4 sedan and wagon, prior to a full ground-up redesign that's planned for 2008. The face-lifted A4 debuts this fall in Europe and should arrive in U.S. dealerships next spring, probably as a 2006 model.
         The makeover is fairly extensive, and includes a major update of the front end to reflect the new Audi family design theme that's already been applied to the larger A6 and A8 models.
         New engines are coming as well, to be shared with the A6 and with the new A3 Sportback that will reach North America next summer.

----
    All that being said, some dealers still have '04's on the lots. Many have the '05's (yes Audi released another version of the car this year)

Greg
  • Options
    The following was taken from Detroit News

http://info.detnews.com/autosinsider/sneakpeek/index.cfm?id=15612

Audi A4 to get major facelift for '06

Audi is preparing a major mid-cycle freshening of its A4 sedan and wagon, prior to a full ground-up redesign that's planned for 2008. The face-lifted A4 debuts this fall in Europe and should arrive in U.S. dealerships next spring, probably as a 2006 model.
         The makeover is fairly extensive, and includes a major update of the front end to reflect the new Audi family design theme that's already been applied to the larger A6 and A8 models.
         New engines are coming as well, to be shared with the A6 and with the new A3 Sportback that will reach North America next summer.

----
    All that being said, some dealers still have '04's on the lots. Many have the '05's (yes Audi released another version of the car this year)

Greg
  • Options
    Hi:

I found a dealer who still has two new A4's on the lot with Bose/Lighting/Cold/USP.

They want $34,756.00 + Tax/LIC/and a 160.00 DOC fee.

Is that a good price for last years car?

TIA

PS

Sorry for the double post above
  • Options
    Is this the 1.8T or 3.0?
  • Options
    villalobosvillalobos Member Posts: 27
    you can see it at
    www.fourtitude.com
  • Options
    1.8 Turbo
  • Options
    warrenlwarrenl Member Posts: 1
    Is anyone familiar with current pricing for 2004 A4 Quattro 3.0's in the mid-Atlantic region (MD,DE,VA)?

I'm looking at a 2004 A4, 3.0Q, with the following options: premium package; cold weather package; premium audio; and 17" wheels. The dealer's "no haggle" price is $37,795 -- which is a couple of thousand more than I'd like to pay. Has anyone seen a significantly better deal?
  • Options
    Have you tried HBL Porsche/Audi, Vienna, VA http://www.hbloftysons.com

or Criswell Audi, Annapolis, MD
    http://www.criswellaudi.com

I have never brought anything from them but have open quotes.
  • Options
    dtsaoboydtsaoboy Member Posts: 5
    Do you mind sending me the email that includes the audi certificate? we are looking to make an offer within the next week on an a4 3.0.

Thank you
  • Options
    bernard77bernard77 Member Posts: 1
    I am a considering purchasing an A-4 as my first Audi. Has anyone on this site had any experience with Jay Wolf Audi/Volkswagen in KC? They are the only Audi dealer in this market, so I am concerned they won't be willing to negotiate very much on price. They only have a few 2004 A-4 models left, which are slightly discounted ($2,000 off MSRP) but not in my favorite colors. Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    Hi Bernard:

While I'm not in your area, I have somewhat of the same issue (only one dealer in my city)so I started off the bat with getting quotes from as far out as I care to fly/drive. Which is what you should be doing too.

That being said, I had a dealer in Michigan (I'm in upstate NY) who had a couple of 2004 A4's with the options I wanted in the colors I wanted.

They tried that 2K off thing with me but I counter that the car was technically last years model and had already depreciated. Losing value I would not be able to recoup at the time of resale.

In addition I pointed out that I could get the same deal on a 2005 model or close to it.

They replied that the vehicle was not in "distress" and they would not go below invoice or move anymore on the initial offer.

So they sold it to someone else. Fine with me.

Audi Dealers are a frumpy lot. I've been at this hard for two weeks and have talked to 6 Audi dealers in 4 states and only one seems like he's a car dealer the rest are car sellers.

Mostly all will work from MSRP down not Invoice up, so if you want a deal your going to have to work really hard at it. And from what I hear on some Audi Forums, $120.00 over invoice is a deal.

Good Luck
  • Options
    pedped Member Posts: 18
    I live in Newton, NJ. Picking up an A4 auto/1.8 with info,sport package, ocean blue,cold package, and premium package for 30K. Get this it is "certified" with only 300 miles on it. I think I did well, good luck. Newton Motorsports still has 3 or 4 left and will deal.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    abhi4abhi4 Member Posts: 1
    Hi there,

I had a question regarding the price of the folloing-
    2001 A4 1.8T Quatto
    Silver with black leather interiors
    Manual Trans
    17inch rims
    49k miles
    everything else is standard

The dealer is asking 15990 + taxes + processing!
    Is it a good deal? I am thinking of offering him 15500 (since he doesn't want to go down much)

What do u all think?

Thanks a lot!
    Abhi
  • Options
    Can anyone kindly e-mail me that certificate? I am closing the deal on a 1.8T and it would be great if someone could forward me the certificate. My e-mail is in my profile.

Thanks!!
  • Options
    If you go to Audi's website and just register they will email you one.

I did and they sent me one last week.
  • Options
    Unfortunately I need one for tomorrow. Where exactly did you register? I requested a quote as someone had suggested but that didn't seem to work since I got no certificate.
  • Options
    keitaroukeitarou Member Posts: 45
    I just sent it to you. Enjoy.

Jeremy
  • Options
    Well it looks like your all set. But in case anyone else reads the thread. I just did what the person who originally posted the info did.

Went to Audiusa.com and created a profile (regsitered), built and saved a couple of cars to "My Audi" and that's it. I don't think I requested a quote.

It was not right away though. Took a couple of days for the email to show up.
  • Options
    Yeah someone was kind enough to send me the certificate but I actually also registered yesterday on http://www.audiusa.com . I got my certificate via e-mail this morning so it definitely does work. I asked for a quote and built and saved 2 cars so I'm not sure which one did it for me.
  • Options
    keatingkeating Member Posts: 1
    I am making an offer on an Audi. Would you send me the $500 certificiate. Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    How are your dealers applying the use of the certificate?

I wanted my dealer to take the 500 of the selling price but they say it can only be applied to the final purchasing price (after taxes and fees)

Thanks in advance

Greg
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    I'm not familiar with this particular certificate, but that is generally the way rebates work... The rebate is coming from Audi, but you aren't buying the car from them.. you are buying it from your dealer..

It is the same way if you buy a computer at Best Buy.. You pay tax on the whole amount, then get the rebate back.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator