Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jbrady3324jbrady3324 Member Posts: 42
    I am dying to find a new 2009 Audi A4. I am located in NJ.
  • Options
    If I can get a 2010 A4 at invoice.. is that a good price? Also, any incentives going on right now?
  • Options
    u2jrmwu2jrmw Member Posts: 14
    Man I would KILL for an at invoice price right now. I am looking down the barrel of $800 - $1300 over...

There is Audi owner incentive
    and
    If you finance you can get your first month paid.
  • Options
    Unfortunately my current Audi is 2000 and I believe the rebate is only for 2001+ :(
  • Options
    pearliegirlpearliegirl Member Posts: 38
    I am trying to decide between 3 cars to purchase (all 2007's), A4 2.0 quattro, BMW 328xi, and Mercedes C280 4matic. Can I get some thoughts and perspectives from the group please? It seems like the BMW is the most expensive, the Audi is next, and the Mercedes is the least expensive by about $3000. Thanks for the help! :)

-Pearl
  • Options
    bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    I'll suggest you to go for a new car, something like an IS250 or even a camry if u can't afford a new A4, 328xi.

New is always better than old.

I am not good with used cars, so can't tell u anything about the 3 cars that ur deciding between.

Good luck.
  • Options
    tomlinseatomlinsea Member Posts: 5
    Hi! Just got back from Audi Jacksonville- bought a 2010 A4 Premium Plus (White, beige leather, wood trim) $32994 + 599 dealer fee + tax, tag, and title. Ended up being $153 below invoice before tax, tag, and title. Thought I'd post since I'd been following this thread for it's valuable information. Thanks!
  • Options
    mlk2000mlk2000 Member Posts: 6
    The Premium with the Plus package invoices for $35,282.00. Are you sure this is the Premium with the plus package. It looks like without the plus package, it invoices for $32,026.
  • Options
    soonercatsoonercat Member Posts: 48
    $2500 dealer cash and $1000 loyalty so $32 k very easy to get
  • Options
    irafmanirafman Member Posts: 1
    $2500 dealer cash must be local. Tha only incentive I've seen here in the NE is $1000 customer loyalty. If this is typical for Jacksonville it's worth going down there for.
  • Options
    kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    I don't believe there is $2500 for 2010's. I believe theres $2500 for 09's.
  • Options
    I have been quoted $35,982 in NY for the premium plus, less 1,500 owner loyalty = $34,482. Is this a good price?
  • Options
    dizidizi Member Posts: 1
    mlk2000- What other details can you provide (is it Auto/Man/quattro,FrontTrak) on your configuration?

I myself am looking at Ibis white/black interior 2010 A4 Premium plus Tiptronic Quattro for $39,250 + tax with these options:
    - navigation
    - wood inlays
    - Bang & Olufsen

I am 36-month financing at 2.9% with first payment paid by Audi (close to $1K)

Does this seem like a good deal ?
  • Options
    ski9ski9 Member Posts: 4
    I've been quoted $32,250. Is this a decent price?
  • Options
    ncalincali Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,

I just received a quote from a local dealer on a 2010 Audi A4 Quattaro, Premium Plus, Black Ext. Black Inter. No Navigation. Please let me know if this is a good price or if I should negotiate for a lower price and if so... what price should I target for. Price listed below does not include any taxes or DMV fees. Also, are there any incentives available for A4 in Northern California? Thanks in Advance.

A4 2.0 SEDAN 4-DR AUTO QUATTRO
    Exterior Color: BRILLIANT BLACK
    Interior Color: BLACK
    Options: CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS
    FRONT LICENSE PLATE - HOLDER
    IPOD CABLE FOR AUDI MUSIC INTERFACE
    PREMIUM PLUS PACKAGE

Estimated Total MSRP $37,875
    Sale Price 35,162
  • Options
    Yes. It's a 2010 Premium Plus Automatic FrontTrak with Almond Beige Ash wood inlays. According to Edmunds and KBB invoice is 33,747 and MSRP is 36,225. My price, as stated in my last post, was 32994 + 599 dealer's fee (plus tax, tag, title). I did not have a trade in and I was not a current Audi owner. I could not find any dealer incentives for the 2010's so I'm not sure how I was able to get this price. I emailed all the Audi dealers within the distance I was willing to drive asking for a quote and then I took the lowest quote (which was 35800 out the door) and asked the closest dealer (Jax) to match it. They did, and I drove down to get the car that day. They actually beat the rate that I had preapproved for financing as well. All in all I am very happy with the deal I got and I LOVE my car.
  • Options
    The dealer that gave me the original quote of 35800 was Jim Ellis Audi of Atlanta.
  • Options
    You should ask what the dealer fees are as this will impact your final price. If there aren't dealer fees (there almost always are) this is a good price. The invoice price for the car you described is 35282. There is an incentive for 1500 off if you are an owner of a 2001 or newer Audi already.
  • Options
    At invoice is a good deal, however just check on any dealer fees that the dealership tacks on.
  • Options
    It is auto, AWD, premium plus package
  • Options
    That seems like a good price. I was quote 35,982 for same configuration.
  • Options
    leeinlaleeinla Member Posts: 14
    I am interested in getting a certified audi automatic transmission sedan 08 with low mileage. If it advertised for $26K, how much should I offer the dealer. Please share your experiences.

Thanks,

Lee
  • Options
    psquared11psquared11 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2009 A4 convertible 2.0 quattro. List price was $46,625 (options included Premium package and navigation system).

The dealer initially my wife a discount of $3725. When she told them that she was leaning towards an Infiniti G37 and would let him know her final answer in a few days, he offered to take another $2,000 off. I called back and offered $38,625 (plus the usual BS fees for dealer prep (159), anti-theft (279) and loaner car (497)), and they took my offer within 5 minutes with no counter. From what the salesman said, I believe I may have been able to get another $1,000 to $2,000 off. In any event, they seemed all too happy to sell it at the discount I got.

I'm in Houston, and I would guess we have about 10 - 15 of the convertibles left in town. I had been looking at them since June and waited until I thought the desire to get them off the lot was high enough but before they were too far gone. I was also prepared to buy the G37 or another model if I couldn't get the discount I wanted, and I think that they believed that.
  • Options
    whitty26whitty26 Member Posts: 7
    I am looking at a 2007 A4 Avant S-line CPO with 59K fully loaded with platinum package, Nav, heated seats, the works. Retail is asking $27. NADA retail @ excellent is $28K + change. My big concern is the mileage as I plan on driving this car long-term and don't want to pay for all of that abuse.

Any advice on a reasonable counter or final position?

My research shows that there are non-CPOs & non S-lines out there that are showing at a lower starting price with 30K less miles. I was thinking of basically coming up with my own "mileage penalty" that was approx. half (my calc is ~$0.12/mile) of what the average Audi lease mileage penalty ($0.25/mile) to ultimately drive my negotiation when comparing to best alternatives.

Am I being unrealistic?

Plus, while there are not too many S-line models hitting the streets, there are tons of off-lease CPOs flooding the market as 2007 leases expire. For example, I am also looking at a "stock" '07 A4 3.2 & paddles (no nav), with 28K that is starting @ $26, but not a CPO, it was a trade at VW dealer. If I can't get good deal on the this one over S-line, I could be happy.

Thanks for any and all input.
  • Options
    dmz_nydmz_ny Member Posts: 2
    Just signed an agreement for a new A4 with the following specifications:

2010 A4 2.0T Quattro Tiptronic, Bluetooth, Homelink, Heated Seats, iPhone adaptor, white exterior, tan interior
    Price: $329/month @ 10K/year for 3 years // $2,495 down (less $750 return lease customer credit)...dealer also picked up the final month's payment of my 2007 A4
  • Options
    neil41487neil41487 Member Posts: 7
    How are people doing with buying new Premium Plus with Sound System and Exhaust Tips?

MSRP ~ $38,000

What kind of discount can I expect in the New England area? (First time Audi buyer).

Also, what kind of insurance can I expect to pay? I'm estimating ~$100-$150?
  • Options
    idrachmanidrachman Member Posts: 9
    where is this deal? I live in NY and want to get this car. Your lease rate seems like a great deal - no cap cost reduction, true?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    peterclaverpeterclaver Member Posts: 13
    Anyone know if the 2009's rear tail lights can be replaced with LED's from 2010?

neil41487, I'am looking for the same combo - in/around Houston. Any luck ?
  • Options
    Does it make sense to anyone here to buy a used 2009 without CPO from a dealer ? Assume that balance warranty etc. is available. OR should one stay away from such deals, since the true condition of the vehicle is unknown ? i.e. is it worth the risk, if one gets a good price ? :confuse:

Appreciate any opinions or experiences out there. Thx.
  • Options
    ostrich001ostrich001 Member Posts: 13
    Hi! I found in an Audi dealership a 2010 A4 Avant that has about 2000 miles, since it has been used as a demo vehicle. It is a Prestige and the MSRP is $46,830., and the invoice price on Edmunds is $43,610. They still list it as a "new" vehicle.

It has everything that I want but then the mileage is high for a "new" vehicle.

How much would you offer for something like this? I understand that it's not uncommon to get a brand new A4 at invoice now, but given the mileage of this vehicle, how much under invoice would be a fair target price? Thanks in advance for your help!
  • Options
    punesguypunesguy Member Posts: 11
    I'm in Colorado and I am debating between the A4 2.0T Premium + with nav system and the Infiniti G37X. Both have MSRP's around $41k. I just met with the Audi dealer for the 2nd time and he offered $39,200 (price + delivery/handling) and 3.9% on 60 month financing. They seem to be really tight in inventory of Premium +'s with nav systems. Hope that helps.

A question to the crowd though is if anyone has taken a long look at the Infiniti versus the A4. I absolutely love the look of the A4 but the G37X seems to be a better car (328 hp V6, 7 speed auto transmission, slightly more luxurious interior, more bells & whistles, more intuitive nav system and better resale projections ... according to Edmound's). I am torn between my heart (A4's eye appeal) and my head (more car for the money).

Please talk me off the ledge with some sound advice!
  • Options
    rg0920rg0920 Member Posts: 1
    Minneapolis-St Paul dealers suck.
    they dont want to come even close to the edmunds "prices paid" averages...

the car is on the lot and i am willing to take it off their hands before year end. They come in at a lousy 700 off msrp. Lame.
  • Options
    scorzscorz Member Posts: 7
    I am in the same situation... but throw in the BMW 328xi as well.

The question is ultimately do you like the GS7X. I drove it last week, and after the drive just "didn't feel it." Rather than going out and getting the A4 (I'd prefer the prestige, but they are hard to come by), I'm going to test drive the G37x again this week and see if I was just having an off day.

Infinity does give more car for the money, and the 328hp has a heck of a pickup...

I'd offer at most the price that you can pay for the G37x, and if Audi doesn't move they simply are not interested in making a deal with us. It appears to me that Audi is under manufacturing this year, which I feel is to protect their premium brand in a down year. Doesn't hurt Audi too much to get rid of the bottom sales folks while selling less cars this year.
  • Options
    stu19stu19 Member Posts: 1
    I just signed an agreement outside of Philadelphia for a 2010 Premium Plus with upgraded sound system, 18" wheels and exhaust tips for $35000 ... $37100 with tax included. MSRP was around $37880.
  • Options
    Hi stu19, What trim is this ? Are you buying or leasing ? Does it include destination of $825. Any fees you paid beyond taxes & title ? TIA
  • Options
    texaserictexaseric Member Posts: 4
    When you bought your A4, what did the dealer do to make it ready for you?? Full tank of gas? Vacuum Insides? Car Wash? Remove the protective plastic from the metal on the inside floor of the door-opening? Anything? I wanted to see what was the norm...
  • Options
    alejpalejp Member Posts: 2
    i am negotiating on both 2009 a4 3.2 Prestige or Premium Plus and G37X w/ Premium and Navi Package. Here's what I've found:

1. Get the invoice amount for the Audi and negotiate from there. You can negotiate between 500-1500 off invoice plus the 3500 hidden marketing incentive that can be combined with the low APR promo. The difference would be on the other charges that is different from each dealer. The key is don't budge and stick to what you are willing to pay for the car.

2. With the 2009 G37, follow the invoice-deduction formula. Infiniti does not combine the low APR and the 2500 incentive. So if you have an approved loan from another creditor, opt to deduct 2500 from the Invoice minus the (500-1500). Their low APR promo is usually combined with other finance charges anyways.

Good luck.
  • Options
    cliffpozcliffpoz Member Posts: 71
    What can I expect to pay for a new 2010 Prem Plus + Nav with upgraded sound system. What are current incentives?

Thanks
  • Options
    rd7rd7 Member Posts: 3
    Hi There,
    Please try and refrain from buying an A4 period. I bought the 2009 A4 sedan, premium plus 2.0T quattro, brand new, now has 12,000 miles, with engine noise / rattling / chain-like noise from under the engine & problems with cold starting the car including stalling when cold. You can read my blog in the 'Sludge' heading under the the A4 section. Certainly consider BMW or even acura or a lexus. Audi is NOT there as yet. You never buy a car merely for its external looks, reliability & performance should be the main reason for purchasing one.
    Good Luck!
  • Options
    What price should I expect on a 2010 Audi A4 quattro 2.0T w/ premium plus package w/ upgraded sound?
  • Options
    jam21jam21 Member Posts: 5
    Hello - Looking for a dealer that would give me the best price for this trim. I am looking for one without the Nav, just the basic Front Trak (FWD) one. I am hoping to score one around $32K (or less) and before their special APR (2.9 for 60 mos) expires on 03/02/10. I live in the OC area. Thanks. :D
  • Options
    adidoraadidora Member Posts: 2
    alejp,

Is the $3,500 hidden marketing incentive standard on all A4's? In what area of the country were you negotiating and what was the final offer?
  • Options
    adidoraadidora Member Posts: 2
    I am curious what you finally chose and what kind of deal you got for whichever car you finally chose. Any insight would be appreciated.
  • Options
    bigtalkerbigtalker Member Posts: 5
    I am looking to lease a 2010 A4 Prestige with the driver assist option and 25k miles per year (I know, it's a lot). Unfortunately, as usually seems to be the case, I am getting jerked around by two different dealerships in our area (Baltimore, MD).
    One dealership would not give me pricing on the A4 because I was also looking at the A6. They kept saying "Why would you lease an A4 when you're only going to save $200-300 a month over the A6."
    The other dealership quoted me $1,080 per month for the A4. That's seems absurdly ridiculous to me. I have been quoted $550 per month for an Acura TL with a very comparable MSRP.
    So, I am resolved to find this car at a out of town dealership (Annapolis, DC, etc.) so before I trek to another dealership I would like to know if anyone on the forums would know what a reasonable monthly payment would be for this car. My credit is in the mid-700's and I will be putting $5,000 down. If you need any other info, please let me know. Thanks in advance for any help!
  • Options
    jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Never heard of a lease with 25k miles per year.
  • Options
    courtney270courtney270 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm in the market for a 2010 A4 Premium Plus with Navigation (MSRP is 40k and change). I will have the 1500 audi loyalty discount and plan on putting 5k down. I will finance for 72 months and was given 4.3% APR - middle credit score is high 700's. I was given a quote of $536/month on the vehicle they located for me - this vehicle is not at their dealership. I don't know what price they would sell the car for.

Can anyone tell me if they think this is a good deal? I went to another dealer to get a quote and they said to beware of this quote I was given.

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    barryendbarryend Member Posts: 121
    The larger trunk and fold down rear seats made opt for Audi instead of Infiniti. Much better for skiing and traveling. Better gas mileage too if you care.
  • Options
    thesportsman15thesportsman15 Member Posts: 3
    Hi all, I live in New Jersey and just wanted to ask a question about what kind of prices I can be expecting to buy a brand new 2010 Audi A4. My lease on my old car (Lexus IS 250 AWD) is expiring soon and I am deciding between two cars: 2010 Audi A4 Manual and 2010 Infiniti G37x. I understand I can just speak to an Audi representative but I really want to get some of your opinions to be more prepared before I walk in there. On the Audi website to build an A4 Sedan with manual transmission and Prestige package with wood trim and Driver Assist cost around 42,500$. My Lexus had a similar MSRP, but the lease deal was in the low 500$/month range with no money down (my credit score is very good, and I negotiate pretty well too). However, I've seen other forums and people are getting quoted for twice that much for a Prestige A4! But I do want to buy and I am asking if the price given to me online is accurate and if it's possible to even lower that to around 40K?

A similarly equipped Infiniti G37X with Premium/Navigation/Technology package has an online MSRP of 42,600$, but in some forums people are being quoted at lease prices significantly less than the Audi. If this is true, then can I expect a buying price of around 40K or less?

Also, if anybody wants to comment on their experiences with the A4 or G37X, such as reliability, or warranty cost and coverage, I am all ears.

Oh and I will probably have to specially order both of them from a plant because neither dealership seems to ever have the cars the way I like (though I have been told this does not affect price).

Thanks a lot.
  • Options
    hp12345hp12345 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I got quote for basic Front Track with heated seat for $29,900 + tax + reg & doc fees ($32,590 on the road). MSRP for this model is $32,725. I got this offer in NJ.
  • Options
    jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Before even talking deals you should give each a thorough walkaround and test drive. Don't talk price--just spend some time with each. Come home and think about which one you want. Then look for deals. Mattie imports posts msrp's and discounts on Audi's. May give you a ballpark.