Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• drjoeddrjoed Posts: 26
    I have owned several Infinities over the past 10 years but have always wanted to drive an A4. I bought an '07 (not S-line) last November and I do like the car. Turbo lag is an issue but this actually goes away with any one of several "mod. chips" (~$500) currently on the market. Anyway, I think if I had to do it over I would have gone with the Lexus IS250! Big thing as I look at it is going to be reliability and resale. Infinity/Lexus have it all over Audi. many people tell me to be sure and trade this baby in before the warranty ends! (That said I do think that Audi reliability is on the upswing and will continue to improve.) But, for example, my wife is still driving my 2000 Infinity I30 which has 90K miles and has never needed anything but tires and routine maintenance!!
    Did not even need brakes until 75K miles!!! Have yet to have any issues with the exhaust system!! (GOD I hope I don't jinx myself!!)
  • smogilsmogil Posts: 40
    I've never had a Lexus, but I've had several problems with my 2004 A4 CVT. They're completely different cars.. I remember I didn't like the Lexus having too small of a trunk and that it was rear-wheel drive. I think the Audi can work out cheaper as well.

But like I said, lots and lots of problems. Service has been fantastic and they've fixed them all quickly. I also like the concept of a maintenance warranty so you don't pay for anything during the warranty period (oil changes, new wiper blades, etc, etc.). Having said that, I still really like the car and am looking at getting a new one.
  • rxkerxke Posts: 148
    HI

I am interested in leasing a new A4 Avant turbo for 36 months (or 39) with 15K per year in NY. Could you tell me the money factor and the residual value for this car?

Thanks for your help.
    RXKE
  • black00black00 Posts: 48
    For those who recently got an A4 and used the $3k incentive.
    Is that valid on purchases only and not leases?
    I was hoping to lower my cap cost by another $3k and make the A4 lease more attractive, but I'm told that the $3k can only be used if buying, but NOT on a lease, because the leases already have a low MF.
    Can anyone confirm or comment on this?
    Hi all, I just finalized my purchase and thought I'd share all the details. Hope this helps!

2008 A4 2.0T Quattro Sedan (on order, 8-10 weeks for delivery)
    - Dolphin Gray Metallic paint
    - Premium package (black leather interior)
    - Heated front seats
    - Sport suspension
    - Walnut wood interior trim
    - Total price $32,000 (including delivery, etc.) vs. MSRP approx $35,600

Note the 2008 is not the new redesigned style, which is being introduced as the 2009, but the same style as the 2007. 2008 MSRP is a few hundred $$'s higher, because it comes standard with the s-line exterior bumpers, grill, spoiler, etc. I was originally bargaining down a 2007, which I could probably get with these options for approx $30k, but it made sense to spend the extra $2k on a newer model which will pay back at resale time.
  • I am also planning to buy a 2007 Audi A4 in few weeks...
    Is - Sport suspension avaiable on 2007 Audi A4? I just went to the dealer in MA and they give me the price of $29756 for 2007 Audi A4 with:
    - Premium package
    - Heated front seats

Is this a good deal or not?
    If not, what amount should be a good deal.
    Yes, sport suspension is available on 2007's. Are you talking about a quattro or CVT? Manual or auto? What colour? Does that include delivery and all charges?

Check out the 'new cars' section on edmunds.com and price out the car. Others have posted that there's a $3k rebate for 2007's, so take about $2,700 or so off the invoice price and I'd say that's reasonable.
  • yifeiyifei Posts: 12
    Hi jamiewu0203,

As I know, sport suspension is available on 2007. Could you tell me which dealer you got this quote from and whether this quote includes destination charge? btw, what's the color?

THank you so much
    Hi, just for comparison... I had previously got a quote for a 2007 A4, quattro, auto, with dolphin gray metallic paint, premium package, sport suspension, and heated seats for $30,198. This includes all delivery, charges, etc. Keep in mind the paint is an extra $450+ and the sport suspension is $250. This was just a quote by email, so I'm sure the price would come down more.

Hope this helps.
    hi smogil,

you said this quote includs all delivery, charges, etc. could you tell me the details? i know delivery, but what are others?

thank you so much.
    Delivery is the main one. But just confirm there are no other additional dealer charges they aren't telling you about.
  • pholliephollie Posts: 45
    Consider it confirmed. I just bought one of these and you definitely cannot use both incentives.
    Black00 - can you share the details of your purchase?
    yeah, it's confirmed that you can only be eligible for one incentive, either cash rebate on the price or low apr.

I am going to make an offer on an A4 2.0T Quattro Brilliant Black with premium and heated front seat within 2 days. And a dealer gave me a quote of $28,450(I am not sure if it includes delievery or other fee yet). Could anyone give me some advice? It's urgent!

Thank you so much.
    Is it auto or manual?
    Hi it's A4 2.0T Auto Quartz with premium and hearted seats
  • black00black00 Posts: 48
    Smogil,
    I haven't purchased it yet. I'm cross shopping it with the 328i and G35 and haven't made a decision yet.
    If I do purchase or lease the A4, I'll post my details here.
    Yeah, that sounds really good. Lower than the prices I got for that year.
  • Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster
    I've been reading some of the exchanges between smogil, yifei and the others (and I'm lucky I caught it too) - I realize now that the quote my dealer gave me does not sound as good as it did...

This quote is for a 2007 black, 2.0T quattro automatic A4 (w/ premium pkg, heated seats, bluetooth):

"The MSRP on the car I selected is $34,265 which has a $1905 profit margin; splitting that translates into a $952.50 discount less the $3000 marketing allowance. Your final price would be $30,312.50 + tax, title and license!"

I noticed yifei had similar configurations - yifei, if you closed the deal, what was the price you eventually agreed on? Would $29,000 + TTL be a fair offer? I don't want to rip this guy off, he's been great with us.

Thanks
    Hi muffinman1,

I just closed the deal, it's an A4 2.0T quattro, brilliant black, black interior, premium and heated front seat. My ODP is 29756. But remember, I didn't negotiate it and I got an offer 300 bucks lower than this one, but just too late to change my mind.

I did a test drive today. Actually I did test drive my friend's 2006 A4 before. But this time, I felt better and A4 is definetely a good car. I did test drive on BMW 328xi and inf&#65- 353;niti g35x&#12- 288;before. in terms of the performance, really hard to say which one is better. so finally it becomes a money-wise decision again. Therefore, no more I can say, price explains itself.