Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Well, the availability of 3.2s might be significantly lower, but 2.0s can be had for several hundred below invoice. There's a REASON the 3.2 isn't popular...it doesn't make sense when you look at the specs vs. price difference.

A 2.0 Premium Plus with Nav at invoice (easily attainable) is $37ish. A 3.2 Premium Plus with Nav at $1000 below MSRP is $42ish.

Only you can decide if the $5k price difference is worth it. 1/2 second faster 0-60, slightly smoother engine and 3mpg WORSE fuel economy isn't worth 5 grand to me, but it's up to you. Drive the 2.0t - I think you'll find it surprisingly nice.

Better yet, skip the Audi's crappy navigation system and pick up a portable for a couple hundred bucks. That'll save you another $2500. Audi dealers tend to not stock many cars with nav systems anyway (again, for good reason).

There...I just saved you $7000.
  • in 2008? anybody knows? with convenience package and sport suspension?

Thanks!
  • jkozlow3, I am also in Colorado. Can you tell me or give me a hint which dealer is A, B, and C?
  • Sure thing.

Dealer A - Prestige
    Delaer B - Stammler
    Dealer C - Phil Long

I dealt with the sales manager at all 3 dealerships. All 3 were very easy to work with, and I would recommend any of them. The deal largely depends on their current inventory, as they are much more willing to give you a better price for cars on the lot.

My advice is to call and ask for the sales manager and tell them that the best price you've gotten is X and ask them if they can beat it. Make up X based on what you think you can get the car for.

I got a Premium Plus with metallic paint. National invoice is around $35,352 including the destination. Colorado dealers will tell you that THEIR invoice is 35,734.88 to account for advertising, etc. They also all charge dealer handling fees of some sort.

I was leasing, so my total cap cost included a $625 acquisition fee. I don't think there is an acquisition fee when purchasing, but I could be wrong. If I were you, I would use $35,300 as my starting point. Call up the sales managers and tell them that you've been quoted a total selling price (including all dealer fees but NOT the acquisition fee) of $35300 and ask them if they can beat it. If they have the car on their lot, you should be able to get it for slightly below that. My total cap cost including the $625 acquisition fee was $35700 for a Premium Plus with metallic paint (a $400+ option).

All the numbers mentioned above are for the vehicle I purchased. You will need to adjust the numbers if you aren't looking at the Premium Plus with metallic paint.

Hope this helps.
  • kduda1kduda1 Posts: 15
    I'll reply to my own post just to update anyone interested. I told the dealer who I gave a deposit to in April, Brian Harris Audi in Baton Rouge, that I preferred to buy the car locally but if I were willing to go out of state for the same car I've waited on for 8 months, I could beat their offer of $1,000 off MSRP (only offered because they screwed up) by $500 and w/ 2.9% - 4.9% financing versus the $5.9% financing they offered me, and the sales manager told me:

"If making a trip to Houston to save $500.00 at this point after we have tried to do as much possible for you is what you feel is better for Kathy than I hope you enjoy your new Audi. After all it is a great car,and you should enjoy it for it long time."

His quote, his poor grammar and punctuation, his assumption that the other dealership was in Houston. My loss of a car I've waited on for 8 months and 8 months' worth of interest on my deposit. On the bright side, at 3:00 Monday I'll have $43,200 more than I otherwise would have had.

My recommendation: Don't shop at Brian Harris BMW/Porsche/Audi in Baton Rouge, LA.
  • azuayazuay Posts: 7
    need some help on how to approach the salesperson ...

when I walk into the dealer, should I negotiate as if I am buying and only say I am here for a lease AFTER we reach the sale price? I am concerned that if I say upfront that I am leasing, I won't be able to pick the car first.

here is the lease deal I am considering:

http://www.socalaudidealers.com/audi/regional_aoa/socal/extra_hero.html
  • drjoeddrjoed Posts: 26
    I have been leasing automobiles for over 25 years and have learned a lot! I don't think the salesperson or the dealer care whether you lease or purchase. They first of all want you to drive away with an in-stock vehicle. I tell them up front that this is a lease deal and I will want the following:
    1. MSRP 2. Purchase price 3. Residual value. 4. Lease term (months) 5. Money factor. There are certainly other things involved but they are pretty minor and if you know these five parameters you can calculate the actual monthly payment yourself. (I always ask them for the 6th number-the monthly payment-just to make sure!!). BTW I always tell them I want a "wrapped" lease payment that includes the taxes- after all that is what I must come up with each month.

I just leased an A4 Quattro 2.0T Premium Plus with wood trim package (MSRP= 38,400) and 12k miles/year for a hair above the deal you quote. I am not home right now but later tonight I will post all the parameters above for you to compare. BTW, since I am a "loyal" Audi customer they were willing to lower the money factor from the already fantastic rate being offered in the add!! This is something not many people talk about but this will get you to the deal you want!! Supposedly the regional sales managers have "coupons" (how hoaky!!) that the sales people can ask (or beg) for and they offered me one of these. Didn't really understand what they were going to do but when they printed up my final papers I saw that they cut $25/month from the payment by lowering the money factor! Oh well.
  • li7li7 Posts: 10
    Hi , im looking for an 2009 Audi A4 2.0T with premium plus, Nav + sports pkg, in Meteor Gray Pearl, i got a quoted $40,400, is this a good price for the New England area? (Includes destination charge)

Would greatly appreciate your response.
  • kduda1kduda1 Posts: 15
    A follow-up and conclusion to my posts regarding car shopping, pricing, buying. Brian Harris Audi in Baton Rouge stepped up the plate, admitted things had not been handled in the best manner, and were willing to bend over backwards to make me happy whether I decided to purchase the vehicle or not.

Conclusion: I'm the proud new owner of one super fine Ice Metallic Silver '09 A4 3.2 Premium Plus w/ navigation who has no idea how she's going to keep the foot out of the accelerator!!! The car sounds as great as it looks, and I'm very happy and satisfied with my purchase (even if it wasn't anywhere near invoice price)!
  • If the dealer has this car on the lot, you should be able to get it for $39k or less including destination IMO. They aren't as willing to deal on cars they have to order however.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,673
    Thanks for the follow-up. It's good to hear about a dealer that makes things right!

I checked out the new A4 a couple of months ago.... It is a very nice ride.. :)

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• jmhjpjmhjp Posts: 10
    So you got a 09 Premium Plus for $35700 ???? where? Can you tell me more about it?
  • drjoeddrjoed Posts: 26
    MSRP with the upgraded paint is $40,500 and invoice is $37,678 according to Edmunds. I do not understand the Edmunds numbers because it says that people are paying $40,234 for this car! I just leased the car you describe with base paint (Ice Silver Metallic) and without the Nav pkg. (MSRP= 38,400) for $37,000 minus an Audi "cap cost reduction" of 1500 which makes the lease price 35,500. I also got them to lower the moner factor from the lease offer of 0.00191 to 0.00169 which reduced the monthly payment (with tax) to $524. I don't know of anyone who has leased or purchased an Audi recently for more than the invoice price!
    I have a portable GPS which I use about twice a year so I decided to save $50/month and go without. My sister has a BMW (2009) and the Nav sucks. I have not heard great things about Audi Nav either. If I really needed Nav and used it a lot I think I would switch to an Acura! The Japanese have the only electronics worthy of the $$$ and they are actually cheaper than the Germans.
  • Yes. $35700 including the $625 lease acquisition fee. Without the acquistion fee, the selling price of the car was $35075 after all the "dealer fees" ($500). This comes out to just below the national invoice price of $353xx including destination. MSRP was $38k flat with the metallic paint.
  • So did you buy the A4? Pretty good price. That's about $3k less than they're asking in my area.
    Just ordered mines because i couldnt find any in any dealers the way i wanted configured for 200 over invoice.. not bad IMO. :)
    Hi , is the audicare really charged at MSRP always? my dealer wouldnt budge on the audicare price , said something about its audi managed... etc.
  • pidanpidan Posts: 3
    Just picked up my first Audi on Saturday, 2.0T Premium Plus w/ Sport & Nav Black/Black. Total drive-off $42221 w/ Audi Care, Tax and fees for MSRP $41950. 106 miles on it. Wondering "no faster than 3/4 of top speed marked on speedmeter" said in owner's manul. Does it mean 180 x 3/4 = 135 MPH??!! :P
    The A4 is electronically limited to 130 mph... i guess cops dont want you running away from them IMO :)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,673
    I wonder if the Sport Package comes with a higher limit?

Usually the limits are relative to the speed rating of the tires..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs