Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I happen to partially disagree with no add ons. In general that is good advice, however, this is my 3rd Audi I am on and the one thing that is worth the money is their Audi care plan. It provides all maintenance for the first 4 years and it is about $750.

Unless you do all maintenance yourself, you will save money by paying up front. Also, on one of my Audis I had some real reliability issues and having the Audi care helps eliminate any potential for them to look at you as being at fault.

They will have the warranty and maintenance responsibility. Considering these cars are pushing the upper edge on technology it should be thought that maintenance will be expensive and a warranty claim is possible.

Peace of mind counts for something, but in this case it also makes financial sense.
  • chu81chu81 Posts: 1
    Hi guys, this is my 1st time here in the forum & need your help on deciding on how much exactly I should pay for this car.

Here are the options

2013 Audi A4 2.0T Premium Plus Sedan
    Premium Plus Package ($4,200)
    Audi MMI Navigation Plus Package ($3,050)
    Audi Guard All-Weather Floor Mats ($250)

MSRP - $44,060 & dealer (in MD) agreed to give this for $44,310.12 (on the road price including everything)

I currently own a 09 BMW (which I didn't tell them yet) & I think I can get $1000 off because of this? Also I'll try to see whether I can get a good deal with trade in this car as well?

What's the best way of approaching this? Should have a firm final price for the new car & then talk about the trade in?
    Or should we talk about a final price including both?

Please help me. thanks!
  • That sounds like a straight. Actually it is about 100.00 too low so make sure they are including the destination and dealer processing fees. A lot of dealers will exclude these fees until you're in the dealership. You must ask point blank. When we give you a price of any kind it ALWAYS includes these fees. As for your trade, you're already at invoice price for the Audi so do not expect to get KBB numbers on your trade. Just nothing left to use and yes you will qualify for the 1000.00 comp. discount.
  • golfpro69golfpro69 Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Hi... would appreciate any advice on the following. I am looking at a Certified Pre-Owned 2011 A4 sedan 2.0T quattro with Premium Plus pkg. It has 38,000 miles on it, and the dealer is asking $28,350. I feel the mileage is high for this price, and am sure I can negotiate down, but not sure what a fair price would be, from my vantage point. The Edmunds TMV price, when I put in all the options, etc., comes to $28,750. However, I can't believe this is correct, as there's no way the dealer would start under TMV (unless I don't understand the TMV correctly or didn't process it correctly). Anyway, just looking for advice on what I can reasonably get this car for. Also, should I be asking for service records for this car? I'm concerned about the oil consumption issues I've been reading about. Thanks for any advice.
  • Hello, I am looking at a CPO 2013 Audi Allroad Premium Plus with 5000 miles on it, and they are asking $45,500 in Minn/St.Paul, Minnesota. This is not far off a brand new car without CPO. Is this a fair price? Is it worth it just for CPO if the price of a new car similarly optioned but without CPO at invoice is about the same? What is the wholesale price? Thanks.

Brice
  • intag22intag22 Posts: 5
    edited March 2013
    Hi
    I'm looking to purchase a 2013 Audi A4 2.0T Premium Quattro (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 8-speed Automatic) (Northern Jersey)
    Options include:
    Premium Plus
    Audi MMI Navigation Plus Package
    Audi Advanced Key
    Audi Guard All-Weather Floor Mats
    I am eligible for the $1k Conquest Incentive

I think a good deal would be $39.5k (with incentive), MSRP ($43.5k) but do you think I can get a better deal?
    Thanks for any insight
  • jnyzjnyz Posts: 93
    What is the invoice price of the car?
    Invoice on car is $40.5k before 1k incentive. Do dealers typically negotiate the Audi Care Plan as well into the price of the car?
    Thanks for your help
    I would say 39.5 is the maximum. There are plenty of dealers that would do that deal if the car is on their lot. A C is not in the price. I don't recommend it but some people feel comfortable paying 700.00 for peace of mine. Most dealers offer 50% off the maintenance anyway so if you do if that way it is less than the up front charge of purchasing Audi Care.

There is still a profit of at least 1200.00 built into the car if you get it for 39.5. That does not include the back end of the deal which could be another 2k in profit.
    Thanks jnyz that is helpful, but I'm sorry I don't completely understand your comment of another 2k on the back end?
    I plan on financing a portion of the car, so if go with them I'm paying 1.9% for the portion I finance.
    You don't think a dealer would go much lower than the 39.5k, if at all?
    edited March 2013
    Yes, dealers will go below 39.5. 39.5 is the max I would pay for that car. Some might go to 38k. It just depends on their situation.

Back end of a deal, is after you negotiate a sale price. It includes financing profit, Audi Care profit, warranty profit. A dealer will make something on everything he sells you. There are plenty of warranties available tire, paint, ding, rim. Dealers make money on all of these extras which are called the back end of a deal.

I do not recommend any extras. Most people never use them or forget they have purchased them.

If you want to save money you need to be a tough negotiator. Dealers just try to wear you down by keeping you in the dealership for a long period. this is a tactic they are taught to use. Tire you out and you give in. The opposite also works. You come in fresh and they want to get rid of you.
  • prezrivprezriv Posts: 9
    edited March 2013
    I am looking to buy a Audi A-4 in NJ. Looking for a model with PNY (Navigation ) and WPS (Premium Plus) Packages. Sticker Price I saw is varies between $44000 and $45000. I have no clue what is their invoice price or what is the best price I can get.
    Any input will be appreciated.
    On the bottom of this page there is a link that you can follow to figure out the invoice on the car. You should pay below invoice. Shop around.
    Thx .

But One dumb question ! :confuse:
    I cant find the link to find the invoice on the car
    Thx
    I just used Jack Daniels Audi in Paramus and they had some A4's in stock and were great to deal (no pressure) and was able to negotiate a great price...I recommend Tal, very nice guy
    Thx. What was the sticker of the car you bought and how much you paid ?
    43.5? I paid invoice and I could up picked it up at dealer 30 miles away for 250 less.
    edited March 2013
    Prezriv
    The MSRP was $43.5, Invoice $40.5, paid $39.7
    Good Luck, its a great car!
  • Just closed a deal. I went to 7 dealerships, some multiple times and really worked hard for this deal.

Lease Details
    39 Months, 15,000 miles per month. Total Out of Pocket at Signing: $1540.00, which includes First Month, Bank Fee and NYS Documentation Fees. Taxes Rolled into the Lease.

A4 - Premium Model, With Convenience Package, Heated Seats, Lighting Package, Exhaust Tips and All Weather Floor Mats - Estimated Total MSRP: $38,495.

Total Lease Payment: $499.00
    In addition, They are paying the last three months of my current lease @ $658.00 x 3 = $1974 value. With this value divided by the 39 months, The least payment price is equivalent to $449.00 without the trade in.

The lowest I was able to get any of the other 6 dealers down to was $529.00 and the highest was $613.00

Good Deal?
    So what was the sale price of the Audi? Even though it was a lease, the car was still sold to a bank.