Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti SUV Owners: Meet the Members

Comments

• bgreavesbgreaves Posts: 3
    Yep...hopping this reply shows up.
  • bgreavesbgreaves Posts: 3
    Has anyone changed their front rotors on their '01 and QX4? I need to but was wondering if I had to buy the over priced OEM's from the dealer? There are so many other brands out there, some just as good or better and some very poor. I would really like to know if anyone has any recommendations please. I found some on ebay for $29.00 for the pair of fronts and they are by Bendix, any thoughts?
  • I recently purchased a 1997 Black QX4 and love it. I think it is the end of a 2 year nightmare. I had a '95 Pathfinder that was stolen and totaled. I bought a 4Runner which was a :lemon: . Now for the first time in ages I don't have that horrible question, "what's going to go wrong this time" running through my head as I turn the key. :D
  • bumbalumbumbalum Posts: 1
    I have an infiniti Qx4 1998, and when the engine gets warms it stutters and does not accelerate properly. I had the Mass Air flow sensor changed and the problem still exists. The SES light is ON and error code P0110 shows up on the scanner. Could you tell me what the problem is.
  • eastridgeeastridge Posts: 2
    My '97 QX4 "service engine soon" keeps coming on. Most recent trip to the shop will cost around $1,000 dollars for a NOC sensor and no one can guarantee this will solve the problem. The vehicle is displaying no symptoms of problems. Any experience anyone can share? At this point I am tempted to try the "you know you're a red neck when you put duck tape over the light and keep driving." remedy :)
  • I am looking at purchasing a 02 or 03 QX4 and cannot find any information about the towing package. Is the towing package a hitch and elecrical connector? Or does it include any HD engine, transmission mods like transmission cooler, HD radiator, etc
  • bolucaboluca Pittsboro, NCPosts: 25
    I have an 03. The towing package is just the hitch and the wiring connector.
  • I have had this issue with my 01, I found that driving in Auto instead of 2 wheel drive took care of the issue. No difference on the gas mileage either
  • I am getting "Error 2" and the CD changer will no longer play CD's. The carousel works properly and the CD platter appears to be operating properly. No mention of the error codes in any of the literature I found. Any recommendations?The entertainment system is the Bose model CA992. :cry:
  • Welcome to the nightmare! Check out this other forum for more information http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/4/137782.html . I learned a lot here, but I still have not gotten the cd changer fixed.
  • I have a 2000 QX4 with 103,000 miles that still runs great. I recently took it to an Infiniti dealer to have it serviced in which they suggested I get a 60,000/120,000 mile service which cost $700+. I was told that everything that I would need up to 120,000 miles would be taken care of, including timing belt and fuel induction service. After the service was completed the work order only showed basic services like oil/air filters/ and spark plugs replaced, and no timing belt. They also suggested a few other services like brakes and alignment. When I asked them about the timing belt they stated that replacing the timing belt is not included and needs to be replaced at 105,000 miles which I am nearing and costs $500 more.

So my question is, if supposedly the timing belt wasn't included then why didn't they suggest it since it definitely needs to be replaced. Were they hoping that it goes sometime in the future so I can bring it back to them so they can charge me thousands!

Does anyone have an estimate of how much these services cost? And should I dispute the costs and services they claimed they did? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
  • I JUST BOUGHT A '02 BURGUNDY QX4 IN JULY 2005. I LOVE IT SO FAR. I THINK I'VE MADE A BOO BOO. I TOWED A CHRYSLER NEW YORKER.ABOUT FOUR BLOCKS (WITH ROPE) AND NOW THE CHECK ENGINE SOON LIGHT HAS BEEN ON FOR 4 DAYS. WHAT SHOULD I DO. ALSO SHOULD I BE USING PREMIUM GAS. IVE BEEN USING REGULAR
  • Did you figure out what the SES problem actually was? I might be able to help. Bob
  • Did you determine what problem the SES light was about? Bob
  • HI BOB I HAD SCAN DONE AT AUTOZONE. IT WAS CODE P1450 AND P0021( CAM SHAFT POSITION SENSOR). CAN YOU HELP.
  • I'm new to the board but have been reading the posts about the SES light. I have a 97 QX4 with 95k miles and the light just came on...again. First time it happened was in 03 w/ 75,900 miles. The diagnosis from the dealer was a faulty TPS switch ($760.00 parts & labor). Since my SUV was running perfectly, I asked what symptoms I should be experiencing, but choose not to replace the part. Two weeks later the SES light went off; two weeks later it came back on; this happened a few more times until the light no longer came back on; all the while my SUV ran beautifully. Today the light came back on and my SUV is still running like a charm. Should I just ignore the light again in hopes it will go away as before? If I disconnect the battery for 15 minutes, will it reset the computer that is giving me a SES light? (I had a Maxima with he same erroneous problem, which was corrected by a 15 minute battery disconnect.) I'm open for suggestions before I take it to AutoZone for a system check. Thanks!
  • beccavbeccav Posts: 1
    I have a 97 QX4 with 70k miles and now I'm getting a "bottle whistling noise" when the car is idling...once the rpm's increase it stops. The mechanics can't seem to diagnose the issue, so I'm wondering if anybody else has had this problem...no engine lights are coming on and it doesn't seem to hamper the performance, but it is annoying, and I would like to get it fixed before it does become a bigger issue.
  • koblixkoblix Posts: 8
    I have a 99 QX4 with 96k miles. My SES light just came on over last week. Should I bring my QX4 in for a service. Any advices would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Hi, I had the same prob with my cd player and called the dealer and they ordered a new one instead of trying to fix the current player, they replaced it free si nce it was still under warranty... no prob's since ... :)
  • Hi, I was just wandering if anyone knows how to protect the headlight covers (lens) from getting a cloudy/hazy film on them from the inside...Im thinking its from the sun but any thing to protect it? :confuse: