Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti SUV Owners: Meet the Members

1235»

Comments

• They are not too difficult except for the passenger side which you have to remove the battery. Find a D2S bulb on Ebay for a fraction of the price of the factory bulbs and wear rubber gloves, disconnect the battery since it is high voltage and make sure you put the clips in correctly on both sides of the bulb. It's about a 45-60 min job.
  • Hello. I have a 2000 qx4 truck that i drive an hour to work and back home for 5 days a week. I am trying to find out how I can get better gas mileage out of it. I am putting a total of 300+ dollars in gas each month, via the 12-14 mpg I am getting. I am doing mostly highway driving. I do have over 350,000 miles on it though and i do like the truck and do not want to part with it, but it is killing me in gas. If anyone has any ideas of what I can do to improve the mpg, please let me know. If not, I do understand.....Thanks!!!
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 39,035
    Get rid of any extra weight in the truck, check your tire pressure frequently (and maybe add a few psi to the recommended psi on your label on your door jam, without going over the sidewall maximum) and you may want to experiment with different gas to see if any savings make up for any extra price. Try pure-gas.org to find a station if you want to try ethanol free gas. It's more expensive but your mpg will likely be better.

The biggest factor is to not drive aggressively but that may not be possible on a busy commute without causing road rage. :shades:
1235»