Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura RDX Vibration Issue - resolved on 2015 model?

taytay2277taytay2277 Posts: 1
edited August 2014 in Acura

Has Acura released a fix for the vibration issue on teh 2014 RDX? Or have they corrected on teh 2015 model?

Comments

• Yes, please, if anyone has this info, please share. I am about to take the plunge and buy one, but this would really, really make me mad. Does anyone know what percentage of these cars that actually have this problem?
  • mindanalyzer10mindanalyzer10 Miami FLPosts: 3
    If I were you and I were really set on buying an acura RDX I would stay away until the refresh (2016 model) and then I would wait a few months until the new owners report back on the vibration issues.

I am very skeptic with these generalized flaws in Honda/Acura VCM engines to the point that I am not sure that they will be able to get rid completely of the vibration issues in the models with VCM.
  • I am also thinking about buying one. I would really appreciate any specific real world info anyone could provide as to if the vibration issue has been cleared up in the 2015 model? I would think that there are some 2015 models out on the road with sufficient mileage that owners could comment on. Honda has used VCM since the 2005 Odyssey and although I have not researched this issue on other models, I find it hard to believe that they would be using VCM for 10 years with this issue. IMHO, I would think that it is the specific incorporation of VCM in the new for 2013 RDX that was an issue. Thanks in advance for any useful insight!
  • tfm70tfm70 Posts: 3
    All of you folks that are buying the RDX, are you having any issues with the VCM?