Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Highlander Maintenance and Repair

1255256257258259261»

Comments

• steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,944
    edited December 2013

@herzogtum71 , this post may help.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,597

If you click on "Forums" at the top left of this page (or any page), that will take you to the forums home page, and there are make/model buttons, to get you to all the discussions for your make/model.

kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• herzogtum71herzogtum71 Posts: 469
    edited December 2013

Thanks, Stever. That's the same issue exactly. I hope it's an easy fix that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Regarding searching, I couldn't figure out yesterday how to search within "Toyota Highlander Maintenance and Repair" as I had done in the old format. Today I discovered that you do this via the magnifyig glass to the right of the discussion's page numbers.

• steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,944
    edited December 2013

Exactly right, I should have mentioned that. :(

The magnifying glass shows up in a lot of places so you aren't just limited to searching this discussion.

And if you go to the Forum link at the top left of the page, there's a search box with a down arrow in it. Clicking the down arrow lets you search by post title, date, author, etc.

Good luck with the fix!

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• electricdesignelectricdesign Posts: 680

The key here is "HEAVY RAIN". If the belt gets wet, like if you drive through a puddle, or water splashes up on the belt somehow, the belt can slip, which can make the light flash. My 2004 does it once in a while, no problem for me because I know what it is. I just reset it. If it happens often, you need to get a new serpentine belt put on. E.D. in Sunny Florida

• electricdesignelectricdesign Posts: 680

lennon2 The threads in the timing cover are easily fixed by using a heli-coil repair kit. It amazes me how they try to screw you over with such simple stuff! This is one of the most basic of all mechanical things that every mechanic knows. E.D. in Sunny Florida