Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet TrailBlazer Owners Meet the Members

Comments

• aevertszaevertsz Posts: 1
    Hi, my name is Aevertsz, I own a 2004 trailblazer LT with the navigation package. I would like to see some discussion on tips and tricks with the navi package. Also when are new nav DVD's published and can they be obtained at the dealer?
  • lisahlisah Posts: 2
    My name is Lisa H. I currently own a 2003 chevy trailblazer and my family also owns a 2002 chevy trailblazer. The 2002 has had no problems and run perfectly. Mine however has had a long list of problems. In the first month I owned the car I started hearinga rattle in the engine. Turned out it was the catalytic converter, they replaced it and it was still there. Throughout the past 9 months they have replaced the catalytic converter twice, the exauhst system, the fuel injecter, the heat sheild, etc. They cannot fix the noise. My sunroof has also worked intermittenly since owning the car and has repeatedly been fixed. The dealership now claims it is operator error because they have continued to fix the same problems. Third my cruise control took over while I was driving on the highway. It got me up to 95 mph with my brake to the floorboard and the cruise control turned off. The governer finally kicked in and turned the car off. These are major problems I have dealt with, but there are about 8 other more minor problems. Has anyone had the same problems or know of anyone that has? My car has now been turned in as a lemon and I am shopping for a new car. I am hesitant to buy a new trailblazer although I lvoe the car and I ahve loved our 2002. I am considering a toyota highlander. any warnings or suggestions from other owners would be very much appreciated. Scared to trust GM again. Thanks.
  • Well i do have a tblazer same yr same trim i have not had the same problems you have. But i do say this in 06 gm MUST OVERHAUL THIS SUV TO COMPETE WITH THE REST OF BOYS!!!! The exhaust i am putting on is a borla on mine. I do think you can trust gm but you have to know where to buy a gm product from a DEALER I SAY AGAIN DEALER that will be nice and considerate of you. I drive like 28 miles to get my tblazer serviced because the one i bought it from is a jerks. simply put. So do not give up on gm follow these things and you will be ok. Lastly check out the csi that means customer service index of the dealers you go to. That means the service shop. they have to tell you what it is if they do not tell you there full of mess. if they do not tell you well you know what to do.
  • vince3vince3 Posts: 1
    I OWN A 2002 TB LTZ AND I NOTICED A PROBLEM WITH THE BUTTONS AROUND AND ON THE RADIO, THERE PEALING OFF. IF ANY ONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THIS E-MAIL ME AT SGAMBELLURI@AOL.COM
  • hello, i seem to have the same problem (pealing radio buttons) with my Trailblazer. when truck was under warranty, they replaced whole radio (twice). I no longer have warranty...and just today I noticed that one button was pealing. What have you done?
  • Any updates on your peeling radio buttons, I noticed mine are peeling too and it's still under warranty. Did you have any problems with the dealer in replacing while under warranty?
    Thanks
  • adupweadupwe Posts: 2
    I have a 2004 trailblazer.. I got it in Oct 03. I absolutely loved it.. but a couple of weeks ago the lights on my radio numbers went out.. but came back on and the just went out.. couple of days after that the cd player completely stopped working... well night before last I woke up to cops banging on my door because my trailblazer was on fire in my driveway at 2 am in the morning. I absolutely loved this car but I am scared of them now.. they said it looked to be electrical starting around the center console area between the front seats(the one that has the heat/air controller and adapter plug like for dvd or cell phone) but I had none of these in my car... it is totally baffling me.. and I was wondering if anyone else experience any electrical problems?
  • riddhishriddhish Posts: 1
    IF you are thinking about buying chevy trailblazer then forget it. Don't even think of buying it in your dreams. It's the least reliable vehicle chevy makes. Read the consumer reports. For 2002-2004 Trailblazer has a 8 recalls. Hope that you got all the information that you need.
  • adamjeepsadamjeeps Posts: 56
    I don't think recalls has anything to do with the reliability of a vehicle.
  • nmertznmertz Posts: 27
    Just found these forums. Wish I had seen them before I bought. Also damn glad I bought the extended warranty. Have an 02 Trailblazer bought new about a week after the 9-11 attack. At 1000 miles the A/C quit blowing. Two DLR visits to find a shorted resistor in the blower assy. At 9000 miles the tranny started slipping. Three DLR visits just to diagnose this one. Low fluid in the tranny but no apparent leaks. Finally found bad seal between tranny and transfer case. All the tranny fluid was going into the transfer case!?!?!?!??? A month later it shorted another resistor in the blower assy. Couldn't keep brake light bulbs in it, then discovered a recall for that. Was sort of OK after that until approx 81K when the Master Cylinder failed. A week later the #1 cylinder coil assy failed. I know this doesn't seem like much compared to others I have read here, but I figured I'd put my 2-cents in anyway. We like the ride-and-handling, and it has power to burn. Just wish the build quality was better.
    Your problems sound awful familiar to others here, especially the a/c and cylinder wall problem. How many miles u got on her now? 02's were by far more problematic. Hope u find lots of good info here.
  • deputy2deputy2 Posts: 2
    I have a 2002 Trailblazer. It stops running for no reason, yesterday on the freeway!
    It will not start, the ignition comes on, the guages go crazy (Erratic) and it will not go into neutral so it can even be towed. The GM dealership said it sounds like the ignition switch, they are crazy!

I read on the net other 2002's with the same problem even after the ignition and starter were both replaced. DID ANYONE GET THIS PROBLEM FIXED??
    I replaced the battery, it still will not start!
  • 03lt03lt Posts: 2
    I have 03' Trailblazer. I have about 2000 miles before my warranty expires, does anyone have any suggestions on things that I need to check before the warranty runs out. So far I haven't had any problems, runs great. One more thing, any tips on improving gas mileage, it sucks.
    Do you have the 4.10 gears, EXT or standard wheelbase, 4wd? The I6 or V8? Consider an extended warranty if you plan on keeping for awhile. As far as problems, make a list of anything you can find that possibly may not be functioning 100%, even the gas mileage, for service to look at. What mileage you getting?
  • Hi I bought a 2002 ChevyTrailblazer
    and had nothing but problems within th 1st 20,000
    milesof owning the vehicle.
    1) 1st week - replaced front wheel bearing
    2) brakes were defective and replaced
    3) electrical and taillight electric replaced
    after replaced all power outlet ac in car donot work
    anymore and the system diagnostics did not
    reportthingd when thing were wrong or indicatedhttp://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/media/townhall/webxicons/e- motorcons/emo_sick.gif
    sick
    errorsandlights check engine oil when everything was
    fine according to the dealer.
    4) transmission snapped off one day when car was
    started and put into gear. transmission was replaced
    but car never performed like new again.
    5)Engine had knocking sound at 20,000 miles they
    replaced
    engine and it never performed like a nother good
    traiblazer or like new.
    6)rattling sound comingfrom under car
    rear suspension was loose and they tightened
    7)When car is driven for long periods and then
    stopped. you can see a red glowing part of the engine
    ( like a flaming hot rod that has been sitting in
    fire. very dangerous could cause fire. appearslike
    molten metal.
    sealer staes they do not have record of this.

Iwas never given a rent a car, the dealer said I did
    not qualify which was strange since I received one
    when tranny went out ( other dealer did repair)
    I was never given any compensation or appeasment for
    the worst service experience I have ever experienced.
    8) at 28,000milesI took the unit in with a check
    engine light and complain of the engine making sounds
    and performing as it did before it went defective.
    they oushed back and said there is nothing wrong.

now at 40,000 miles ( 3,00 past warranty)they say
    thatthey must require that I authorize a teardown (pay
    for teardown before gm will consider assisting with
    the repairs. Is this right?
    talk about taking your money and running. i will never buy another suv or Chevy again. :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: Jensen
  • the engine went out again 20,000 miles after replacing with a new engine and tranny :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • now at 41,000 miles second engine knocking leaking oil through the seals
    p.s for allof u that want to add more to this engine is big mistake. engine is already bout to blow from factory. a v6 with that much horse is definitely like a computer that has been overclocked. the tranny and engine are blown can't go anywhere like a rock.................
  • just wait i was just like u
    Hi I bought a 2002 ChevyTrailblazer
    and had nothing but problems within th 1st 20,000
    milesof owning the vehicle.
    1) 1st week - replaced front wheel bearing
    2) brakes were defective and replaced
    3) electrical and taillight electric replaced
    after replaced all power outlet ac in car donot work
    anymore and the system diagnostics did not
    reportthingd when thing were wrong or indicated
    errorsandlights check engine oil when everything was
    fine according to the dealer.
    4) transmission snapped off one day when car was
    started and put into gear. transmission was replaced
    but car never performed like new again.
    5)Engine had knocking sound at 20,000 miles they
    replaced
    engine and it never performed like a nother good
    traiblazer or like new.
    6)rattling sound comingfrom under car
    rear suspension was loose and they tightened
    7)When car is driven for long periods and then
    stopped. you can see a red glowing part of the engine
    ( like a flaming hot rod that has been sitting in
    fire. very dangerous could cause fire. appearslike
    molten metal.
    sealer staes they do not have record of this.

Iwas never given a rent a car, the dealer said I did
    not qualify which was strange since I received one
    when tranny went out ( other dealer did repair)
    I was never given any compensation or appeasment for
    the worst service experience I have ever experienced.
    8) at 28,000milesI took the unit in with a check
    engine light and complain of the engine making sounds
    and performing as it did before it went defective.
    they oushed back and said there is nothing wrong.

now at 40,000 miles ( 3,00 past warranty)they say
    thatthey must require that I authorize a teardown (pay
    for teardown before gm will consider assisting with
    the repairs.this is not right?
  • kenh2kenh2 Posts: 2
    I am searching this and other forums, looking for similar problems. Its good to know that there could be resistor and/or module problems and not just the blower.
    its the weirdest thing. my blower will shut off when turning a corner or make a u-turn. the it will work normal for a bit... all speed work so that makes me think that its not the resistor. anyone ever have the problem that the blower quits on corners but only when turning left........seems like the lean of the vehicle effects it..
    :confuse:
  • 03lt03lt Posts: 2
    It's a standard wheelbase LT 4wd I6.