Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Envoy Owners Meet the Members

Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,023
Please take a moment to introduce yourself and share some details about your Envoy!

My name is KarenS and I am the host of the Edmunds.com Owner's Clubs. Please let me know what discussions you would like to see in your Club folder. I will create them ASAP. You may want to take a look through the other clubs to get ideas for discussions.

Also, if you are interested in a live chat, I can arrange that for you. All Club chats are set up on

Tuesdays:
4:00-5:00 pm PT/7:00-8:00pm ET

-or-

Thursdays:
5:00-6:00pm PT/8:00-9:00pm ET
6:00-7:00pm PT/9:00-10:00 ET
7:00-8:00pm PT/10:00-11:00pm ET
(The latter may be rather late for East Coasters, but is available if you want.)

Let me know if you are interested in a chat and the day/time convenient for you.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

KarenS
Host
Owner's Clubs

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

Comments

• 9t9wu89t9wu8 Posts: 36
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

We have a fully loaded SLT in black with the light pewter interior, polished wheels and 4.10 gears.

It's a great vehicle!
  • jrscesjrsces Posts: 8
    Hi
    I am Jim Stephenson from St. Marys, Ontario. My wife and I just picked up our Envoy on Friday. It is a Black SLT with Bose/6 CD stereo, sunroof, and polished wheels. It looks and drives great. I think this owners club is great and will be a good way to pass info along.
    Karen, thanks for setting this up.
  • hardhawkhardhawk Posts: 702
    Have ordered an Envoy. Supposed to be built in two weeks. Can't wait to get it here. It will be Indigo Blue with the medium pewter leather. SLT 4WD. Moonroof, running boards, 1SH premium package with all the goodies and polished wheels. Only thing we didn't get is the engine block heater-don't need it in southern Kansas. If anyone else out there has the Indigo Blue, tell us how you like it. We love the color on the Yukons we have seen but have not seen an Envoy in that color. Have only seen 3 Envoys at the area dealers and none on the road. Of course, we are out in the boonies!
  • vplazavplaza Posts: 47
    We bought our Onyx Black SLT on Sunday. Have to say that we were very impressed with the vehicle. We had test driven a few vehicles to replace our 95 SHO (have one 2 1/2 year old and one on the way, so an SUV, wagon, or minivan was in the cards).

Tried out the Highlander Limited, Sienna GXE, Odyssey EX, Passat Wagon GLX 4Motion, Trailblazer LTZ, Yukon SL, and the Envoy SLT. The only vehicle that screamed to my wife "Buy me" was the Envoy. The Highlander Limited and Passat Wagon GLX were close seconds, but this vehicle is the one.

Looks like we've got a great garagemate to our 96 Impala SS.
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,023
    Nice to meet you all!

Would anyone like to offer some suggestions for discussions in your club?

Accessories & Modifications?
    What did you pay?
    Road Trips?
    Problems & Solutions?

Other ideas???? Let me know!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• lgspencelgspence Posts: 15
    Hi, I took delivery of my Envoy on May 14th. I purchased the SLT in pewter metallic with the dark pewter two-tone interior. It's the 1SH premium package with professional towing, Bose premium sound system with 6 CD changer, moon roof, etc. I test drove Acura MDX, Lexus RX300, Toyota Highlander, Jeep GC, as well as the GMC Denali and Cadillac Escalade. For what I was looking for, all things considered, including price, I felt the Envoy offered the best value and features. My toughest decision was the Envoy vs Bravada. I purchased from a local dealer at invoice cost--less the advertising fee. So far, no problems to report. I traded a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Orvis and there is no comparison. The Envoy is so much smoother riding, more powerful and luxurious.
    Does anyone have the GM rubber floor mats (dealer option) in their Envoy? The carpeted mats that come with the Envoy (and many cars) make no sense to me. Instead of trashy looking carpet you have a trashy looking carpeted floormat! I want rubber floormats, but I want them to be color and vehicle specific. I have the weathertech rubber aftermarket mats in my Dodge Ram, but I keep wearing a hole in the driver's mat. Have gone through 2 sets in 3 years. Are the GM factory mats more durable?
  • zeenzeen Posts: 390
    I purchased an Envoy, SLE with the 1SD package, a couple of weeks ago and it is a great vehicle. I have a punch list for my first service visit consisting of the top brake light molding lifting off, side passenger door alignment, rattle above sunglass holder, rattle in front suspension. Nothing really major.
    I leased the vehicle for $3400 cap cost reduction and $391 per month plus tax. I fear I will see an ad any day now for a substantially lower price. Reedman in PA is already advertising the TB at $399/mo. with $399 down with the package that includes the CD player.
    I live in the Philly suburbs. Go Sixers!
  • patxlbpatxlb Posts: 7
    Hi! We purchased an Envoy, SLT, pewter metallic just two weeks before the recall. It has a little over 2200 miles on it now and I really like it. I have had an '86 Blazer & a '92 Explorer, then went into a '96 Taurus. Didn't realize how much I missed an SUV until we started looking again. I don't think I will ever go back to a car!
  • fievelfievel Posts: 16
    I agree, those carpeted floor mats are useless, especially if you live where there is snow. I have MacNeil mats in my 88 Jimmy, and they have been great. They have a web site which I think is www.macneilauto.com. As I have said in my previous posts, I am seriously considering the Envoy, but would like to get the towing package without the 4:10 gears and without the skid plates. I guess I have to settle for the 4:10, and I am wondering what kind of gas mileage people are getting wlth those gears. My choices are narrowed down to Envoy or Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 at this point.
    Fievel: The mats I keep wearing out are the MacNeil mats! I love them in every way except for wearing the hole in the driver's mat. I will be pulling a 3000 lb. boat with my new Envoy. I have read some of the earlier posts that have said that owners with the 4.10 axle have still been getting over 20 MPG when not pulling anything. So, I am not worried about the 4.10. I figure there is a reason they put that axle ratio in the vehicle. Hopefully I will soon be finding out first hand! The Envoy is SO much roomier than the Jeep and rides much better too. The Jeep gas mileage for 4WD is in the toilet with the V-8.
  • bashmanbashman Posts: 1
    I live in the Los Angeles area, and I am interested in purchasing an Envoy. My question is if anyone has purchased one at invoice price or even lower than invoice?
    If anyone has, can I find out how much? I'm planning on getting the SLE with no options.
    Thanks in advance
    Bash
    Karen,

I, for one, would love to hear more about modifications and accessories. Although the platform is so new, there may not be much to discuss initially.

Also, regarding what we paid for the vehicle, well I suppose others are better at purchasing cars than I am. We paid MSRP for ours, which didn't sound too bad considering they are still very new and demand seems high in our area.

Vince
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,023
    Those discussions have been added to your club folder. If you need anything else, let me know!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• I am a resident of Baton Rouge, LA. I am in the process of negotiating a deal for a 2002 Envoy at one of our local dealers. It is a ST in pewter with all options, except sunroof and running boards. The list price is 32K, but I am trying to get them to admit that it is a demo. The vehicle has 1034k miles on it. They are offering $29,375.46. I am offering 28K. If they don't give, I will purchase it anyway. I want them to sweat. They just must give in a little. I will be back to let you know what happened.
  • cbeasleycbeasley Posts: 6
    I've had my 2002 Envoy (white exterior/pewter interior SLT with no additional options) for one week. It's been a real pleasant surprise so far, particularly since I've just come out of a Lexus RX300. While the ride isn't as "cushy" as that of the Lexus, I wouldn't expect to be. However, it is amazingly quiet, comfortable and powerful. This vehicle is an true bargain! To find so many fun, useful features as standard is refreshing in a GM vehicle. As far as my experience with the vehicle so far is concerned, there is a rattle that sounds like the door behind me isn't closed all the way when I hit bumps. This is a little aggravating but something that I am not too worried about and will have the dealer check. Overall, I would rate the Envoy at this early stage of ownership as an 8.5 or 9 out of 10. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone who wants or needs a very nice SUV that can be rugged and pamper you, all at the same time. The only accessory I want is a cargo mat, and the car is too new for the mainstay mat companies to have one. I believe I can order one from the dealer, so I will probably go that route. I paid $29,800 + TTL for the Envoy in the San Antonio area... probably could've done a little better, but I wasn't in the mood for a struggle and it was a better deal than anyone else had offered. Happy Envoying!
  • jrscesjrsces Posts: 8
    Hi
    Please see accessories and modifications posting #7 for info on this topic.
  • lgspencelgspence Posts: 15
    cbeasley--I've notice that rattle sometimes, too. It sounds like the driver's side rear passenger door is not completely closed, but when I check the door it is closed. Has anyone else found this problem and the solution?
  • debbin67debbin67 Posts: 35
    Check your luggage rack on your roof. The one side on my truck keeps coming unlatched and it sounds like what you are describing. I will have the dealer check it out when it bring it in for my first oil change. It shouldn't keep doing this.
    I was going through the drive-thru at the McDonalds's in Del Mar, CA, and as I pull up to pay, the person at the window (looked like an assistant manager or manager) kept looking over the Envoy, front to back. After I paid, he finally said, "Really nice ride. I haven't seen one of those around here yet. Must be expensive."

This from a guy who sees BMWs, Benzs, Range Rovers, and Lexuses all day long.

Anyway, it's nice to have a vehicle that seems to stand out from the rest of the crowd.

Vince