Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Envoy Owners Meet the Members

1234568»

Comments

• My daughter has an '02 Envoy that has the MIL on. This code reflects low operating temperature. My scanner shows an operating temperature of between 174-178 degrees.
    My question is, is this considered low? If so, this would be a thermostat problem. If not, it could be a sensor problem.
    Has anyone else had this experience?
  • we own a 2005 envoy slt 4x4....Have had small problems until now.. The fog lights come on after car is off...put key in the ignition and now can not get key out...lights would come on in the interior durning the evening.....drain the battery..dead ...today took battery to store to check batter..awaiting results..durning the past five years we have had to change the tires four times,parking brake broke,back led broke,check engine light still on...now car is out of warranty.The moulding around the doors just horrible...oh ya and still making payments on this P.O.S.I will never buy another GM truck,suv or car just garbage after only 5 years come on GM open your eyes...... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :lemon: :lemon:
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    bigred72,
    Have you taken your vehicle into the dealer for these problems?
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • I bought this Envoy new in 2004 Here are the PROBLEMS I'VE HAD SO FAR:

*Front differetial - replaced...Cost $3600.00 Dealer split difference w/ me since just out of warranty, and previous complaints from me about FWD performance.
    *Transmission - went out... Just happened @ 100k miles. Cost $3000.00
    *Rear tail-lights - continuously burning out
    *Cigarette lighters - continuously burning fuses
    *Radio lights - Half of radio lights are burnt out
    *A/C - Fan blower will not work on highest (5) setting.. Cost wanted $500.00
    *Windshield washer fluid motor - burnt out. Has been for a long time. Cost wanted $500.00
    *Rearview mirror - Broke... Cost wanted $500.00.. You've gotta be kidding!

***Many other problems, but I am tired of complaning and coming upon deaf ears. Thanks for listening. I will never buy a GM vehicle again!
  • Were you able to determine what was causing the noise?
  • I have the same car and same issues; transmission, differential, tail lights, interior lights, and now?

The emblems on the side are wedging against the front quarter panels and are flipping off...

I had everything fixed, by the way. The price tag now? Over 12,000.00 in repairs, not to mention the payment itself...

Never again.
  • clarkem5clarkem5 Posts: 2
    We have a 2005 Envoy. Recently the four wheel drive service light, the ABS light and the brake light on the dashboard came on and stayed on. Also the heater/AC fan will not work. My mechanic changed the fan motor and the resister and the fan worked for about a minute and then quit. I have an appointment to take it to the dealer tomorrow but I am afraid of what the repairs will cost since I am on a fixed income. I am also not secure in the knowledge that the repairs will solve the problem since I have had repairs by my dealer in the past that were not satisfactory. I am beginning to think that the public is being ripped off by GM.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    clarkem5,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your Envoy. Please keep me posted on any information from the dealership.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • clarkem5clarkem5 Posts: 2
    It turned out that the ignition switch was bad. When it was replaced, the problems were no longer there. The problem was not the fault of GM.
  • I have a clicking noise seems to be coming from behind the dash glass. Also had a dead battery. Battery was replaced, but I still have the noise. Dealer service writer was stumped as to origin of noise. Can hear it really well with key in "on" position, engine not running. You too?
  • 1014needed1014needed Posts: 2
    I have a 2002 Envoy. I have the same clicking which varies in speeds. My family member is a mechanic, he advised it's relatively a simple fix. It's just getting to the problem that's the problem. It may be a fan that is related to the heating/cooling. This can be fixed/replaced. However, getting to this fan means the whole dash, or most of it needs to come off.
  • 1014needed1014needed Posts: 2
    My dashboard recently lit up like a Christmas tree, just as the yearly registration was due. It seems I've been lucky with my vehicle up to this point. The day of my registration the "service airbag" light came on. Quite frustrating since my vehicle appears to be deteriorating all at once.

GM customer service only advised there are no 'open recalls' for the airbag problem that I'm having. He then asked me when, where and what time I plan on having the problem fixed since it was a safety concern. I'm not sure that I want to pay the price for the dealership to fix the problem. But I'm also concerned that GM will void the recall for my vehicle if I don't have the dealership fix it.

Does anyone know about services done on a potential safety recall situation like this? :confuse:
  • jkozeljkozel Posts: 1
    New to this site....I drove all morning 40+ miles then went through car wash. while drying it off in the driveway listened to radio. when i went to start it... it wont start. everything lights up and blower and music come on. all windows etc work it just wont start.... any ideas? yes it is in park. :) There are no warning lights on... nothing indicated anything was wrong..... I do have an extended warranty. 61,000 miles on the vehicle. frustrated as I am now stuck at home until my husband can get here to look at it... any suggestions appreciated... would be awesome if I could do something simple to fix it and save him the frustration.... thanks
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    I'm sorry to see that your Envoy is having some difficulties, jkozel.

I understand that you're looking for technical input (which unfortunately I'm unable to provide), but if you wanted for us to check into open recall/warranty information, or assist in working with a dealership to diagnose and correct the issue, please send the following information to socialmedia@gm.com: your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.

All the best, and I hope you're able to get something figured out!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • iajimiajim Posts: 1
    We had the same problem with our 2002 Envoy. It was a $65 part that cost us $800+- to get repaired. The whole dash had to come out, and I mean the whole danged thing! Expensive, and a lot of opportunity to get a rattle when it's over. What can you do though? Expensive!
  • I just took ownership of an 07 Denali Envoy. A beautiful vehicle indeed. I notice on the left and right rear view mirrors there is a clear plastic lens on the bottom. Looks like a light of some kind. Anyone thro some light on this. Also how does one determine the axle ratio of same. Thanks in advance. Dave

1234568»