Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord Owners: Meet the Members

Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,028
Please take a moment to introduce yourself and share some details about your Accord!

My name is KarenS and I am the host of the Edmunds.com Owner's Clubs. Please let me know what discussions you would like to see in your Club folder. I will create them ASAP. You may want to take a look through the other clubs to get ideas for discussions.

Also, if you are interested in a live chat, I can arrange that for you. All Club chats are set up on

Tuesdays:
4:00-5:00 pm PT/7:00-8:00pm ET

-or-

Thursdays:
5:00-6:00pm PT/8:00-9:00pm ET
6:00-7:00pm PT/9:00-10:00 ET
7:00-8:00pm PT/10:00-11:00pm ET
(The latter may be rather late for East Coasters, but is available if you want.)

Let me know if you are interested in a chat and the day/time convenient for you.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

KarenS
Host
Owner's Clubs

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

Comments

• ripinrocketripinrocket Posts: 157
    Member #1

2000 Accord EX-V6 Coupe. Satin Silver

Mods:
    comptech exhuast
    AEM CAI intake
    Neuspeed strut brace
    Comptech headers-first set defective, new ones coming anyday now.
  • erik713erik713 Posts: 14
    Member #2!!

2001 Accord EX Coupe. San Marino Red.

No mods (only has 40 miles on it! Give me some time ;-))
    What are your plans?
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,028
    Sounds like you need a discussion for Accessories & Modifications? You got it!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• mikefm58mikefm58 Posts: 2,882
    Just bought a 2001 Honda Accord LX, 4 cyl. sedan, love the car, this is my third Honda and will never buy anything else. I traded in a 1999 Honda Odyssey van with 26K miles, originally paid $23000 for the van, got $19500 for a trade-in, these Hondas sure hold their value.
  • baker16baker16 Posts: 45
    I own a 2000 Accord LX V6 Signet Silver sedan. It now has 18K miles on it. I bought it new in April 2000 and the only problem I've had is a nail in a tire. We're very happy with the car. This is the first Honda I've owned. I've always bought Toyota in the past. The only 'mods' I've done is installed a clear bra (xpel) and a hitch (reese).
    baker16,

Did you install the clear bra yourself???

I had mine professionally installed but am thinking of installing one on my other car myself. What tools did you need, if so?
  • ravynravyn Posts: 101
    2000 accord coupe 4cyl EX auto
    nighthawk black pearl
    oem foglights and rear deck spoiler
    aem cai
    16" tr motorsport snipers
    kumho ecsta supra 712's

looking for exhaust next.. prolly apexi ws catback.

glad to have another accord forum to peruse. =)
    Yes, I installed it myself. The Accord hood is pretty flat so installation was pretty easy. All you need is a special squeegee (comes in the kit), some rubbing alcohol and a couple of empty windex type bottles. I'm very happy with it. If memory serves me I think I paid $99 for the kit.
    I was checking out x-pel's website and they don't say that the squegee comes with the bra kit. I sent away for their video tape and got it a few days ago, still have to watch it though.
    Video!?!? They didn't have a video when I did mine! They're taking all the challenge out of it! I remember calling them to order the kit and I was going to order a squeegee but they told me the squeegee comes with the kit along with some lint-free paper towels.
  • kaycee41kaycee41 Posts: 23
    I bought my first Honda four months ago, a 2001 Accord EX 6cyl coupe in nighthawk black. So far I like the car. The only thing I would do different is get a different color. The black looks great when I't clean, but it shows scratches and swirl marks soooo bad. I like to keep my car clean, but I'm not up to the task of keeping a black car perfect-looking. Otherwise no complaints. Oh, I do wish the moonroof opened all the way. I had the dealer install a rear spoiler. I'd like to get exhaust tips soon.
    baker16,

yup, free video. Just filled out a form on their website and I got the installation video about 4 days later.
  • gtlloogtlloo Posts: 8
    Bought my third Honda last November a 2001 Accord V6 EX Taffeta White. Great car mechanically and electrically, although I noticed some of the quality of the paint and component alignment to be slightly inferior. Nevertheless the V6 has temendous power...just wish it came with a manual tranny....my previous Accords have had the manual tranny. White colored cars are difficult to keep clean in the city with the smog and soot but they don't show scratches or swirl marks well. That is one reason all my Hondas have been white in color. Boring color..yes but once you wash and wax it it looks fantastic. I have installed some accessories myself, pretty easy since the genuine honda accessories come with detailed instructions. Plus, you save on labor charges by doing it yourself.
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Posts: 2,367
    The '01 replaced a '98 LX 4cyl automatic sedan, which was completely trouble-free, but I wanted the extra power and refinement of the V6. So far, after 4000 miles, I could not be happier about the decision. Quick, smooth, good seats, enormous trunk...the only complaint, if that is the right word, is that even with the '01 mods that made the car quieter, there is still too much road noise that creeps into the back seat. But this is a small thing compared to our overall satisfaction with the package.

John R. - Elk Grove CA
  • bobgordonbobgordon Posts: 156
    Just bought my second Honda, a 2001 Accord EX, Naples Gold. Have a 2000 Honda CR-V and liked the product so I thought my wife would like a new car, after driving the old clunker for 12 years and 130K miles later. No problems yet, only 500 miles, but I am interested in disc brake covers to keep the dust down but have heard that it's not recommended. Anybody install them and any adverse effects?
  • diegomandiegoman Posts: 6
    2001 Accord EXL-V6 in silver with a spoiler. I love it so far! The 6-disc in-dash changer is incredible too.
  • mjb56mjb56 Posts: 170
    Hi, 2001 Accord EX V-6 Sedan. Firepepper red with ivory leather. Just turned 400 mi. today.
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Posts: 2,367
    I strongly recommend against these things. They run the very high risk of eventually causing the rotors to warp, and will likely void your warranty for some brake components.

Further, it is my all-too-extensive experience that compared to just about anything else on the road [especially the Germans], these cars produce very little brake dust. Plain old water and a dedicated set of old towels will solve this problem with no expense and no damage to the car. Beware of the dust covers...