Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord Accessories

Comments

• sidpaulsidpaul Member Posts: 17
    I have a 2000 Accord v6 EX 4 door sedan. was thinking of replacing the rear speakers with 6"x9" SONY XSV6930A. They seem to have a pretty good rating on Circuit City and won't break my wallet too. Will replacing the standard factory rear speakers with these make a difference in sound quality or should i also change the front door speaker's. Also CC suggests buying speaker Harness! Do i need them or can i get by using the ones already there?
  • waterguy4waterguy4 Member Posts: 11
    I didn't go with component speakers because they seemed to need more power than the stock amp would provide, plus the fit was an issue. I went with the BAs because they were the most efficient 6" models available in a shallow mount.

On my '06 sedan, I removed the screws from behind the door release and in the bottom of the pull cup. Pry the clips out from the sides and bottom of the door panel, then disconnect the door release cable.

Since I purchased my speakers from the major online car audio dealer, they included instructions and brackets for installation. Without the brackets, installation would have been much more complicated. Hope this helps!
    Based on my experience with an '06 sedan, I'd recommend just replacing the rear speakers with the Sonys; you should notice a significant improvement. You can always elect to swap out the front speakers later, but the rears give you the most bang for the buck and are the easiest to swap out.

As for the harness, it makes for a quicker installation, but you can do as good a job with using the proper speaker connectors.
    hey waterguy4, here's the link from Circuit city.
    http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-6-x-9-Car-Speakers-XS-V6942A-/sem/rpsm/oid/1- 46007/catOid/-13092/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

My first question is do i need anything else to get these speakers working? And can i do this myself ?? whats the procedure?
    What are the specs of the built in AMP in a 2000 Accord EX. single in dash CD player? how much RMS can they handle over each channel?
    I can only speak for my installation in an '06 Accord, but it was pretty easy. I crawled into the trunk and used pliers to push up on the speaker grill retainer clips, then disconnected the wiring harness from the speakers. From the back seat, I pried off the grilles, removed the four screws holding down each speaker and lifted them out of the rear deck.

My new speakers dropped right in without any spacers or adapters needed. You need to decide whether you want to get a harness adapter that plugs into the Honda harness and has standard plug ends for the spade connectors on the replacement speakers. The other option is to cut the Honda plug off of the end of the factory wires, then splice on the connectors that come with your new speakers. Either method should work fine.

I'm not promoting the large online car stereo retailer that I used, but they have the same speakers for just $6 more than CC and include the harness adapter and specific instructions for your 2000 Accord. To me, that's $6 well spent.

Hope this helps. Good luck!!!
  • tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    Any chance of getting the name of the online dealer?
    i was trying to decide between the Sony XS6942A or the Pioneer TSA6971/6981/6991 models. any idea about a website which reviews these speaker systems. I'll be powering them from my Factory installed single disc CD player. how much RMS do the factory decks churn out?
    Crutchfield.com. Their sales reps offer excellent advice on the best products for your particular application.
    Thanks!
  • bbtacobbtaco Member Posts: 15
    Waterguy4, Did you get 6x9 Boston Acoustics speakers for the rear? I am looking at getting the 6x9 S95(two way) or S953 (three way) for my wife's 06 Sedan. I wonder which would have the better sound? :)
    Yes, I got the S95 and they sound great. I'm not familiar with the S953.
  • glygly Member Posts: 12
    What happened to H and A Accessories? Did they go out of business?
  • mrbill1957mrbill1957 Member Posts: 823
    Is this what your looking for?

http://www.handaaccessories.com/

Mrbill
  • glygly Member Posts: 12
    YES!!! Thanks a lot. I never bookmarked their site. I would just google HandA and it would pop up at the top of the Google List. I can no longer find them using Google. It's a great store and their web site is nicely laid out. Thanks again for H and A's web address.

Gly
  • ed0109ed0109 Member Posts: 1
    Steve,
    First off, I was SO pleased to see your post about the player picking up where it left off when you restart your car. I've been searching the web for hours trying to get the answer you've provided! Let me take this a step further...does this apply to Random mode also? In other words, if you have, say, 50 tracks in a folder, and you stop the car at the 25th, when you restart the car, will it resume random play, and not repeat any of the prior 25 it already played?

Thanks,
    Ed
  • duracellduracell Member Posts: 10
    bbtaco--I was wondering the same thing--Did you ever figure out which one was best and if so have you installed them yet?
    I was wondering which one works good too? Also if people can also list if they are using the factory player or an after market and with a lil car info(year, player type and make) that would make it much easier for other ppl to decide. I saw that Crutchfield also lists the sony and the Pioneer's as excellent buy's. Anyone have any experience with those?
  • kathyl1kathyl1 Member Posts: 1
    Thinking of buying 2006 Honda Accord with Nav System. Wondering how reliable the touch screen is? Does anyone have any problems with this system? Have worked with other touch screen computer systems and they weren't so reliable?
    I absolutely love the navi system. The touch screen works well but it is hard to hit the right spot if you are on rough road. You always have the joystick and voice command options. I'm still learning how to use the voice commands... they aren't so reliable for me quite yet.

If you are used to typing at all, I would recommend that you change the keyboard to qwerty though. Alpha order is a pain.
  • msisengmsiseng Member Posts: 369
    This is the best Nav system I have used. The touch screen is great, but there is a lot to learn. I am also having the same issues the previous poster has with the voice commands. I spent the past two hours trying to learn the system. Did not know there was a QWERTY keyboard option, lol. This should make life a lot easier! The default option is a bit of a pain when driving.

Moreover, learning how to use the integrated XM Radio at the same time is fun, but a little overwhelming.

I have a Jaguar Nav system and the Honda is far superior. No comparison. In fact, I think the Jag system sucks wind. I have used an Infiniti Nav system and the Honda dwarfs this. My friend has a very expensive Mercedes and is envious of Honda's implementation. No question Honda hit the ball out of the park with this unit. I would not purchase the car without Nav.
    Yes, there are other fun options besides changing the keyboard. There is even a male voice.

I've had fun with the reminders on the calendar. They pop up when you restart the car. Then the computer voice reads them out loud. I surprise my kids with whatever I type in there. Great way to deliver a compliment! The car tells you that you look great or that you are smart, etc.

Oh yeah, the mapping works well too. :D
    I have an 04 EXL with Navi. So far mine has worked flawlessly.

I really haven't found the voice recognition as being something I can't live without.

The navi system is great if you are someone that does alot of traveling, but if your car is just for commuting back and forth to work, is it worth the extra $$?

My only concern is how will the system hold up after 10-15 years, which is how long I keep a car.

Mrbill
    I have the same concerns about durability because I too keep my cars a long time. But I do a lot of travelling and I'm always having to find new places. Fumbling around with a Mapquest print out isn't all that smooth.

I also like that I can punch up a business category or search for a certain business name. However, I was playing around on Honda's website this week and noticed that updating the Navi DVD is $185 plus shipping!!
    Yea the DVDs are pricy, I don't think I will be upgrading that often.

Mrbill
  • flaminioflaminio Member Posts: 20
    I'm looking to replace my OEM stereo for an Alpine 9856 w/ MP3/iPod support. I've got an 06 VP Accord. The only thing holding me back is how to handle the face plate. I did some searching online and found the Metra OEM Adapter for $150.

link

Anyone have any other solutions? It's seem not such a hot idea to pay nearly has much for the faceplate as the radio.
    I have a 2000 accord EX v6. The center console does not have a wood trim but the door sides with window controls, water/coffee cup holder all have that wooden trim. Is this normal or since my car was purchased used its missing the center peice. also is thr a website where i can see how the 2000 accord EX trim came from the showroom
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    This is how they came factory. Here is a link to a car shopping website with an EX Accord, that has wood on the doors, but not on the dash with the stereo/climate controls.

http://wwww.getauto.com/vehicledetail/adid-5336480/2000/honda/accord-ex/eatontow- n/nj
  • kingrkingr Member Posts: 62
    Will 16" wheels/tires off an 2004 Accord EX V6 fit on a 2005 Accord LX 4cyl.
    Thanks
  • ruthlessetruthlesset Member Posts: 1
    Hi waterguy4...

What tool (and what size) did you use to remove the 4 speaker screws? I too own a 2006 honda accord sedan.

Thank You
  • lpaeslpaes Member Posts: 17
    Hello

Bought a 2006 Accord in Northern CA and would like to get the door edge guards installed - I don't want to do it myself - any recommendations on where I can get this done ?
    Would a local mechanic/body shop be cheaper than dealership ??
    If you ordered them through H and A, you could hand the directions that come with them to a local shop. I'm sure it would be cheaper but you should ask around. I'm not sure if there are after market door guards available.

H&A Accessories
    A Phillips screwdriver worked for me (I forgot which bit size).

The tougher part was removing the grille. I used a pliers from inside the trunk to squeeze and push up on the clips, then pried the grille off from above.
  • ashokkashokk Member Posts: 4
    I just got my Black 2006 Honda Accord EX-L V6. I love this car. This is my first new car. I paid $25118 + tax/tags/title. I am new to US and not aware of warranty issues etc.

I have few questions on getting few Accessories - iPod Music Link and Rear Spoiler.
    1. Will there be an issue on 3year/36K Warranty if I get my accessories fixed outside of the deealer?
    2. How reliable the goods are if I order them on HondaAccessries.com site?
    3. Can order them online and have my dealer fix them for a charge? I see there is lot of price difference.

Thanks in Advance.
  • lybernslyberns Member Posts: 2
    What size speakers do I need for the rear deck of a 2006 Honda Accord?
    You might want to do some research on the MusicLink. A better idea might be to look at the Alpine stereo.

Send the best online price you can find to your dealer. They will work with you. Might not match it, but will might get low enough to make it worth the trouble.
    6x9. Check out crutchfield.com for what will fit. It's a pretty easy install. You pop out the speaker grills, screw it in and splice the wires. The issues I ran into were the grills did't really fit perfectly on some Alpine speakers, but I didn't want to use the grills they came with -- too high profile. Also, it's a bit of a pain trying to use a screw driver in the back window.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    I think they are 6 by 9 inchers, just like my 1996 Accord.

Oh, I didn't see the reply had already answered that question...Oh well!
  • wagnerpewagnerpe Member Posts: 21
    Love my new 2006 Accord VP. Not thrilled with my lack of ability to use my i-Pod in the car. My old car had a cassette deck so I had a very low tech connection and was happy. I'm not that into sound quality, etc. Just want access to my songs, since buying my i-Pod I haven't even bought a CD, so many of these songs I have NO access to in the car.

I'm not comfortable taking my dashboard myself. I have searched and searched and am now aware of the Neo iONaux. I believe this works with any Accord radio (not just the 6 disc changer)

It looks like this is only available online. If I bought it, who would I get to install it? Not Honda, I presume.

Do I have other low tech options? Like I said, I just want access to my songs - and - I'd prefer to use my i-Pod controls, not the radio. I'm fine with it, since I've been using them all along with the cassette adapter.
  • another_personanother_person Member Posts: 93
    Well, you could always just get an iTrip (or other FM transmitter), or you could try the P.I.E - Hono3/PC-son auxiliary input converter. It basically connects to the back of your stock head unit, and uses the auxiliary input. There are at least 2 of these such adapters on the market, but I ran across this product on this forum several months ago. Which ever you choose, the adapter allows you to press CD once to go to CD, and then press it again to get to the aux input(ipod). You can then run an RCA-headphone cable to the center console and then you can just plug it in to your ipod. It's not that hard to install, just remove the box under the head unit and plug in. If you're not comfortable or unsure, then I'd assume that any car installer(ie car toys/best buy/circuit city) can do it for you.
  • max_wmax_w Member Posts: 1
    I have been looking at the 2006 Accord LX and the lack of an iPod connection has been a deal killer. I may just go for the Civic EX which has a power outlet and a stereo mini input to the audio system. However, there is a Honda kit available for connecting up an iPod. It's called the Honda Music Link (for I-Pod). The Honda part number is 08A28-1H1-100 for the Music Link kit and 08A28-1H1-800 for the attachment kit which has some cable ties, a holder cushion, etc. It involves taking the dash apart and you eventually thread a cable through the glove box. If you are real handy you might want to attempt the installation yourself or have the dealer install it for $500. (The kit by itself is $199. The installation instructions are very complete (Part Number AII 31576-31903. The kit has a unit that handles the switching between the iPod and the CD from the stock radio's cd/aux control. Hope this helps you out.
  • lpaeslpaes Member Posts: 17
    I'd like to get the windows on my Accord 06 tinted - can someone
    recommend a good tint place in Northern CA ? Also, please advise on what type of tint and % I should go for ?

How much does this usually cost ?
    FYI - no nav system on this car ...
    Thanks !
  • ralphs007ralphs007 Member Posts: 12
    Hi
    I'm thinking of adding a rear wing spoiler to my 2006 accord ex. I did a search, and read that some people had a problem with the 3m tape coming undone. Has anybody had any problems lately?
    Thanks
    Ralph
  • seniorjoseseniorjose Member Posts: 277
    I installed Sylvania Silverstars in my 05 Accord..,both low beams burnt out on my 1000 mile trip...they were replaced with OEM. So much for Silverstars...now I wonder when my high beams will burn out...too old, too stupid!
  • another_personanother_person Member Posts: 93
    Mine are still good after 22 months and many hours of night driving :shades:
  • delia_camilliadelia_camillia Member Posts: 4
    By far, the best prices for genuine honda parts on the internet is bernardisparts.com. They're a honda dealer in MA. I've ordered my trunk tray from them...it arrived in perfect condition and very quickly. I've since ordered my door edgeguards, splashguards and fenderwell trim...you can't beat their prices. I'm having my local dealer install the parts, I'll just be paying for labor...but I saved $72.00 over my local dealers prices by ordering the parts from Bernardi's...check 'em out and see for yourself... :shades:
  • seniorjoseseniorjose Member Posts: 277
    I understand from the Honda dealer that Silverstars can't take the shock of the lousy road maintenance in New York State. They claim that they have quite a few failures on the Silverstars. Anyway, I replaced them with the OEMs. I drove with the headlights on from Iowa to New York State...probably could not handle all the heat and bumpy roads.
  • normkolnormkol Member Posts: 135
    Has anyone installed one of these? I did on my '00 Accord and it wasn't difficult. On the '06, you've got to remove all the trunk panels and drill into the trunk floor. I get the feeling someone forgot to have holes placed there in manufacturing.

I don't like the idea of drilling into a brand new car's sheet metal.
  • 84tigers84tigers Member Posts: 7
    I just purchased a new set of premium floor mats for my 2005 Accord. (They are much nicer than the mats that came with the car.) I would like to protect them with something like Scotchgard. Is there any product that is recommended? Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.