Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Splitfire plugs

2»

Comments

• OKAY GENTLEMAN AND LADIES. I AM A SERIOUS DRAG RACER. I RUN A 600 HORSEPOWER DRAGSTER. I KNOW MANY OTHER RACERS WHO WILL DO ANYTHING TO GET A COUPLE EXTRA HORSEPOWER OUT OF THEIR CAR.
    A SPARK PLUG IS JUST WHAT ITS NAME SAYS. IT LIGHTS THE FIRE. ONCE THE FIRE IS LIT ADDING MORE SPARKS OR A SEPARATED SPARK TO IT DOESN'T DO A THING.
    NO ONE IN THE DRAG RACING WORLD USES THEM AND CLAIMS HE GOT EXTRA HORSPOWER WITH IT. WE KNOW IT IS SIMPLY A GIMMICK. YES THEY LIGHT THE FIRE LIKE ANY OTHER PLUG, BUT A FRESH SET OF PLUGS IN THE CORRECT HEAT RANGE IS AS GOOD AS IT GETS. I'LL BET THOSE THAT CLAIM IT HELPED HAD LOUSY PLUGS OR PLUGS WITH THE WRONG HEAT RANGE.
    YOU GUYS AREN'T THAT DUMB TO BE LED DOWN THIS PATH.
  • davek3davek3 Posts: 31
    the electric charge from the distributor or from each coil in some new engines will follow the least path of resistance.. i don't care if it has a hundred electrodes its only gonna spark on one at a time. you woud have better results if you would "index" your oem plugs....
  • vmanvman Posts: 103
    Amen jimbojerry, How the hell can you expect to increase output (horsepower) without increasing input(fuel). Also, rapid fire? Aren't ignition system timed? How many nanoseconds difference is there between regular plugs and expensive ones?
  • RichRich Posts: 128
    In a 25 year old gasoline engine, the split fire plugs may make a difference after 10,000 miles. In today's modern engines with high energy ignition systems, I seriously anything could improve over the OEM plugs. All the technology improvements outside the cylinder have reduced the need for super efficient spark plugs.

Sorry, I just cant see the value of the investment in the more expensive split fire plugs.

Rich
2»
This discussion has been closed.