Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• halecphalecp Posts: 14
    Happy Friday. I'm hoping to obtain a little perspective on a quote i received on a Honda Accord Coupe EX 4-cyl Automatic (no leather) here in Ohio

$23,590 before TTL (price includes destination and mudflaps wihich is a dealer opt)
    250 doc fee
    25 license fee
    $23,865 x 7% tax is a grand total of $25,535.55.

Considering MSRP on the Accord Coupe EX 4-cyl is$24,595 (Invoice w/ destination), is the above a good price? I'm new to the "car buying" game, and want to avoid getting swindled if at all possible. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    You're pricing should look like this. Your invoice price is wrong.

MSRP (after destination) $24,630

Invoice (after destination) $22,381

Basically, the dealers are charging you $1,209 OVER invoice, only coming off of MSRP by $790. Doc fees are just extra charges by dealers, these are negotiable, unlike destination charges.

I'd think you could easily do $1,000 better.

*Pricing Info from www.edmunds.com
  • halecphalecp Posts: 14
    Thanks for your input. Also, is it possible to receive the 2.9% financing on the Coupes? I know that Honda has 2.9% financing on the sedans, but haven't seen any incentives on the Accord Coupes.

I'm having a VERY hard finding the Accord Coupe EX 4-cyl Auto no leather on Ohio dealer lots. And that concerns me from a bargaining standpoint.
  • you can only get the 4.99% on the coupes so your monthly payment will run around 20 -25 more a month
  • sazesaze Posts: 1
    this is the price i am getting

21,100 base
    7% taxes
    $254 DMV
    $199 Doc fee
    $7.5 something else i forget

---------

suggestions/advice welcome. what do u think
  • al63017al63017 Posts: 149
    i paid 23,705 for a EXL 4cy 4dr sedan in st. louis plus 149 doc fee.
    came with splash guards and stripes at that price.
    so they are doing you no favors. this was about 300 or so under invoice I believe plus got .09 financing.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,356
    Dealers aren't as apt to cheap sell a car they know is in short supply.

Coupes don't sell nearly as well as sedans and coupes without leather aren't that common.

The price you were given wasn't bad. Not every car needs to be given away.
  • scz3838scz3838 Posts: 8
    Hi,

Maybe this website would help :

http://www.revenue.state.il.us/Publications/taxratefinder.htm

Remember that tax is based on where your residence is and not where you buy the car. Some dealerships will try to scam you into buying from them because they have lower tax rates in their area.
  • gismapgismap Posts: 12
    I just got a quote from St. Louis Honda for a EX-L, 4 cy, 4dr sedan for $24,459 plus doc fee of $159 which was by far the highest of the 7 dealers I contacted.
    Less than $800 from sticker isn't bad?

I disagree, or would keep shopping.
  • don125don125 Posts: 3
    Can the dealer fix the damage due to the hail and sell it to the customer without letting customer know the car had hail damage?
    Legally I wouldn't think so.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,356
    No, that isn't a bad price. As I said, not every car has to be cheap sold.

Finding that car may be that poster's biggest challenge.
  • not a bad price keep us updated grate car you will really love it thankyou for reading.
  • Looking for Accord EX-L 4 cyl sedan, auto, no navi in the Austin/Houston/San Antonio area.

Sent out batch of emails - initial responses coming back and best price so far is:

$24,495 (includes desitination)
    +1579.76(taxes)
    +174.05(reg.)

What's the target that is reasonable for this car in these markets? (all prices coming so far are within $60, so no one is making a break-out move yet on pricing) Anyone getting anywhere near the 23K pricing in TX that is reported in Southern Cal for price before ttl?

They offered the 0.9% finance at this price.. anyone seeing lower prices for not taking that financing?

Thanks!
  • gmanandgegmanandge Posts: 19
    I just got off the phone w/ the internet salesman/manager from dealer in NH who offered a 4 cyl, auto EX for $22,650 (includes destination and doc fee) and backed it up in an e-mail. I live in MA....not sure that I'll do any better here. What do you all think? Should I buy the car?
  • nickwoodsnickwoods Posts: 13
    austin/terry - hi just bought one today you in your area with nav 28,286 otd, let me know if you need any more info
  • corikcorik Posts: 1
    I am looking to purchase a new lxp in the next 2 weeks in NY. Anybody get a good price?
  • levtomlevtom Posts: 12
    Think you may yet do better from Ma dealers in greater Boston. Internet prices I was offered started at invoice ($22,256) + doc fees($249). Ended up last month at $21,500 + doc fees.
    Good luck.It's a great car!