Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bluemkn57cards, Thank you for your guidance. I will keep you and everyone else posted.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 3,169
    Jonesing4car,

Are you looking to buy/ lease in NJ.??? Would you consider a 2014 model at invoice price.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

Tks..... Bill always good to throw out a test.. And yes my second error was trying to debate huskerfan on leasing.

• gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    Ah yes - that stuff - I'm puzzled as to why our freedom of speech was so smacked down - your post was particularly clear cut and logical...or so I thought. But as far as the somewhat snarky response you got...well, with some folks, you can feed them all the logic and common sense you want and for some reason, instead of heading for their brain to consider the merit, it goes straight down and out the other end...with no further consideration. I know your post makes total sense to those folks looking to improve their negotiating techniques and skills, so in that sense it wasn't a mistake at all.

Bill
    edited September 2013
    Bill
    This same matter is what drives me crazy in all the years trying to help educate some folks on how to Save a couple of dollars with advice and techniques on buying. If i tell someone to call these dealerships on this day it means you just might get your price or come close. Knowledge and leverage is my success.

I have been reading your posts and... Huskerfans.... posts on leasing and in this forum for some time... keep up the good work both of you. great advice and sometimes a different perspective of how i go about business which does help other buyers. Folks in here that take the advice will do alot better in pricing and buying experience.

Bluecars57... if there is one guy who can fill my shoes in this forum it might be you. If i step down here i would have to email you the best of my play book in the car buying world. You made one post recently that pretty much touched on all parts of buying/ negotiations .. Use that as your reference to folks..... Very detailed and pretty much every thing i preach. i hope you stick around in these forums.

• I would be open to a 2014 lease.
  • carguy778carguy778 Posts: 33
    edited September 2013
    Here is a quote I received today.

MSRP $ 30784
    SALE PRICE $ 26833 (No invoice given)
    DESTINATION $ 790
    PROCESSING $ 199
    TAX 6%
    TAGS TITLE $ 300

Is this a good selling price for a 2013 ?
    thanks
  • drumzdrumz Posts: 10
    Hello fellow forum members,

I would very much appreciate if someone would post what the current money factor and residual is on a 2014 Accord Sedan EX lease for 36 months with 12k mi/yr ?

Also, would like to know if there are any incentives available on the 2014 Accord EX yet.

Thanks for your help,

Drumz
    edited September 2013
    I'm going to make a half [non-permissible content removed] attempt on pricing for a friend on a 2014 Accord here in New york/ NJ. I'm not even sure if he is ready and willing to buy which makes it harder on my credibilty.. I have said that getting Invoice here in NYC and NJ would be a great price for the end of Sept. i know most dealers want 500 plus and some are being greedy and want 1k above.

I will keep you posted if your interested in buying this month at Invoice or maybe alittle below the red line. End of 3rd quarter this month may help otherwise. I dont see NYC area selling alot cheaper unless they start to feel the sales pressure from other dealers from CT/ M.A. Delaware, Philly. As long as other states are priced like our area we have no shot at pricing like in other area's.

Post this same messsage in the accord leasing forum. You are posting in the wrong forum. You will get help over there.

edited September 2013
    carguy
    Invoice on your model is 27,433 without dest charge

If dealer is selling vehicle without dest/charge thats 600 below invoice price.
    with dest charge included would be $1390 and not a bad deal. BUT

Ask your self this question.. If your 3 month old Accord is stolen or deemed totaled due to a accident on Jan,1 2014 your ins company will consider that a 1yr old vehicle not a 3 month vehicle. What do you think the depreciation value is on a 1 year old model accord 1500 or more.. Check with your your Ins. company maybe they know the value. If my scenario does not happen thru next year then 1300 to 1500 was a good deal.

Just giving you something else to think about besides price.

• drumzdrumz Posts: 10
    Thanks for the heads up!
  • Did anyone get quotes or purchased the 2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L with Nav 4 cyl in Florida? If s, please share base & fees, as well as the dealership. Thanks so much.
  • Brian,

I appreciate the kind words, but I do not think anyone will be able to fill your shoes whenever you decide to step down. Your advice is spot on and given your years of experience along with your knowledge of the car buying game, it will take me years to even come close to that. I am humbled.

I have been reading a lot of posts these past few months/weeks, and you have given the same advice over and over again about how to go about negotiating the best deal on a car. I am a perfect example that your tips do work as long as it is followed to the t. Some car salesmen are sleazeballs. Some still try to convince us (consumers) that the deal they are offering us on a car is only good TODAY. In this day and age, no one should be falling for those cheap tricks.

I am not going to lie, but car searching takes time and dedication. I have heard some crazy things coming out of the mouth of salesmen such as "the car was sold last night" and "I cannot guarantee that flex cash will be available if I cannot get the car for you in 24 hours".

This forum helps us become more informed buyers and also levels the playing field. Some car dealers know that, but they still think they can use some of these old tricks. It might work on some people, but those of us reading all these posts in this forum should not fall for any of this BS. That is why when I offer advice, I tell everyone to either hang up on a salesman who is not being forthcoming on the phone, or walk out of a dealership when you sense your time is being wasted. I have done both of these things when I was car shopping. I believe you have also offered similar advice on numerous occasions.

I have noticed a few newbies on this forum who do not always provide the required information when asking for advice. Some do not always read previous posts about how to go about contacting car dealers at the end of the month and offering to buy today. Others do not follow all the advice being provided, but decide to use their own negotiating tactics.

At the end of the day, it is all about getting the best deal on a new car in your area and not being frustrated in the process. We (consumers) also have to be realistic and be aware of the market in our area (You have also said that quite a few times).

Keep the great advice coming, Brian. I wished you could come up with a blog listing your Top 10 or Top 20 Car Buying Tips.

-Mike
  • Ok here is the best quote i've received. Asking me to come in tomorrow. What do you folks think?
    -------------------------
    Black/Black
    Accord EX-L. Provided a Vin number as well.

MSRP 29, 065
    INVOICE 26, 560 (doesnt match my invoice number but close enough)
    SALE PRICE 26, 600 - 500 (FLEX) = 26,100 sale price just around invoice but dropping 500 for flex which I didn't think existed on 2014 so not sure what/how.

+ 75 (Documentation Fee) + 275 DMV + 2347.44 (8.875% Tax) = 28,797.44 OTD

the $275 DMV seems high but salesperson said that is an estimate and can go lower. Overall, numbers look good to me. Do I buy or wait until last 2 days of september? I'm a little troubled that invoice doesn't match what we believe to be invoice and offering a flex number that doesn't exist in 2014 models. Salesperson insists no games and i will get OTD price. Any feedback appreciated.
  • gil123gil123 Posts: 16
    edited September 2013
    FYI: That's very close to my OTD price for a 2014 EX-L in Los Angeles. Here are my numbers:

MSRP: $29060

Invoice $25860
    Destination $790

Price offered: $26,100
    Add on: $499 (pro-pack)*
    Flex cash: -$500
    Doc fees: $80

OTD with 9% taxes & title: $28,887

* Includes mud guards, wheel locks, and trunk tray. Note that my package is the better value because of the add-on and 0.25% higher tax. I would hope that you can negotiate your price lower.
    edited September 2013
    here is your breakdown on price on 2014 exl

Invoice...............25,860 + 790 dest/charge= 26,650

Do not rush this deal Dealers are always putting pressure on us / to hurry up come down right away.. Blah ,blah ,blah. Your in control you set the tone..

Call back this dealership and ask him again... does vehicle sale price of 26,600 include the destination charge??? If not tell him your looking to buy at invoice price and then if he wants you will finance the car thru honda to get a additional 500 off this deal.

No matter what he tells you today tell dealership you want to think over his offer ................... Also

Ask dealer how much you need to finance to receive flex money.
    Does dealer have your car on his lot.

Your dmv fee's will be adjusted to just under 200.

If your Satisfied with this deal there is no reason to wait til the last 2 days of this month ...go close deal if dest charge was included in the 26,600 price.

If this deal does not work out i have confirmed with a NJ dealership he will sell a 2014 model for invoice. I would suspect that a end of the month sale would mean going below invoice if he needs sales. On Flex cash dealers seem to use it as they see fit. there are a few honda dealers applying flex cash to 2014 CRV's.

• Hey Brian125, looking to buy latest end of the month. In NYC area. 2013 or 2014 accord sport, Order of preference for exterior colors;blue, steel, black. interior color black. Would rather get the 2013 if there are still great deals left and 0.9 financing. Been lurking on the forum. No need to half [non-permissible content removed] attempt the pricing, i am ready to buy. = ). Your help is much appreciated.
  • I've been following along with the forum, using brian's advice. I've received in writing two detailed quotes. In the forum, we've talked about destination/deliver & doc fees. However, I see that there'a a few other fees. Need help in determining what these are please-

Doc Stamp
    Non Tax Fees
    Taxable Fees (estimated)
    Accessories

Thanks so much for your help!
  • misterscmistersc Posts: 22
    edited September 2013
    Thank you Brian. I will do as suggested. In my original inquiry, I asked for Sales Price including destination and the out the door price so expecting it to include the destination, but will ask again before driving 90 mts. from my house. They have car in stock and gave me vin number. As i see the note from california with additional dealer add ons, and factoring your advice, I am going to tell dealer i am thinking this over and not go in today.
  • Invoice price with destination fee for this car is $28,269.

What are the quotes you have received so far?
    With regards to the fees you have listed, you need to ask the dealer what they are for.

The only fees you should see listed are dealer documentation fees, title and registration fees.

You also listed accessories. Are you purchasing any dealer-add ons? If not, then you should either ask the dealer to find you a car without any accessories or list the price of all the accessories you will be purchasing.
    edited September 2013
    Color choice may be a problem on a 2013 with very limited stock. Call/ email today a handful of dealerships to see who has your model and color 2013. If you find your model that is the dealerships you negotiate with on both years.

keep a eye on Mistersc post he is at invoice price and maybe below due to flex cash money on a 2014 model. We need to ask what dealership he is dealing with.

edited September 2013
    I'm sure you will be pretty pissed off if you drive 90 mins to find out they deceived you and did not add the 790 dest/charge onto the deal. Always cover yourself with pricing. Dealers have a funny way of forgetting certain price items making it look like a honest mistake hoping to get you in the showroom.

• Found the information. Just sharing with the forum-

Doc Stamp = State Stamp tax only if taking the loan
    Non Tax Fees = Estimate for DMV
    Taxable Fees (estimated) = Title + tire tax
    Accessories = Dealer Options Added
    DTA = fee for financing
  • Blue- here are the prices I received so far.

Dealer 1 Dealer 2 Dealer 3 Dealer 4 Dealer 5
    Price  27868.17 28085 27950 28996.62 30,835
    Doc Fee  599 689 689 598 589

Dealer 6 Dealer 7 Dealer 8
    30045 27865 28118
    699 699.95 599

I'm in the market for 2 such cars. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Hi Would you mind providing the dealer name. I'd like to call them,

thx

mike
  • Blue - Formatting didn't take when published. Here's the same information with better formatting for the prices I received so far. I'm in the market for 2 such cars. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Dealer 1
    Price  27868.17
    Doc Fee  599

Dealer 2
    Price  28085
    Doc Fee  689

Dealer 3
    Price  27950
    Doc Fee  689

Dealer 4
    Price  28996.62
    Doc Fee  598

Dealer 5
    Price  30,835
    Doc Fee  589

Dealer 6
    Price  30045
    Doc Fee  699

Dealer 7
    Price  27865
    Doc Fee  699.95

Dealer 8
    Price  28118
    Doc Fee  599
    edited September 2013
    rivhil

Your in a good Negotiating position with 8 dealerships. Decide on a target price to buy taking in each dealerships doc fee charge. let them fight and compete for your business.. Let them chase you.......... not the other way around. Hold out til you get your target price to buy making your best deal at the END of this month. Read blue's comments on buying/ negotiations his comments will help you secure the best deal.......................Good luck

• bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Posts: 242
    edited September 2013
    After reviewing your prices, here is my breakdown:

Dealer 1
    Below invoice: $400.83
    Sales prices + Doc fees: $28,467.17

Dealer 2
    Below invoice: $184
    Sales prices + Doc fees: $28,774

Dealer 3
    Below invoice: $319
    Sales prices + Doc fees: $28,639

Dealer 4,5, and 6
    Not good deals

Dealer 7
    Below invoice: $404
    Sales prices + Doc fees: $28,564.95

Dealer 8
    Below invoice: $151
    Sales prices + Doc fees: $28,717

Just looking at the numbers, dealer 1 seems to be in the lead with the best sales price even if you include their $599 doc fees. Dealer 7 has the second best price and is about $98 more than dealer 1, and their doc fees are higher than dealer 1.

If you could get at least $600 below invoice to cancel out the doc fees then that will be a good deal. As Brian said in his post, you should let dealers fight for you. Pit them against each other and see who will give you the lowest sales price. Wait till the last 2 days of the month to strike a deal. I would recommend using Brian's BUY TODAY offer, once you have determined a reasonable price to offer below invoice.

Do not let anyone play games with you. It appears that you are an informed buyer, so knowledge is power. Make sure the dealership has the car on the lot in your color and trim, before you head over to seal the deal. I would also recommend making sure that you have a backup dealership, in case your first choice does not work out.

Time is on your side here. You mentioned that you were in the market for 2 such cars. If you plan to buy from the same dealership, you might be able to negotiate an even better deal.

Good luck.
  • In order to better evaluate your deal, you should also provide the amount being charged for these fees:

Doc Stamp
    Non Tax Fees
    Taxable Fees (estimated)
    Accessories

Are all dealers charging these fees?