Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• is this price for 2013 CRV EX-L?, based on my experience it is great price about $ 1,690 below invoice.

which state you are from having these great prices?.
  • 2013 Accord EX-L in Minnesota
  • I am ready to buy an EX-L with no V6 and no Nav.

I am in Raleigh, NC, but I am willing to buy in DC (or within a similar radius) if that produces a significant savings.

Does everyone think that buying a 2013 late this month is likely to be the cheapest strategy for some time to come? (I'm likely to drive it long enough not to worry about the short-term depreciation vs. a 2014).

What do you think is a good price this month? For example, I was offered $25,733 before taxes and tags through CarWoo. How much lower can I get, do you think?

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    Matt - if you are willing to travel that distance, include Pohanka in Fredericksburg in your search - they have been mentioned several times in this forum with good pricing and apparently easy to work with.

Bill G
  • Do you all think bargaining power is any different with the 6V model since there are not as many produced compared to the EX-L 4cyl? In looking for a 2013 Ex-L, this late in the year, there is very little inventory. With the 2014 models coming into the dealership, most dealers only have 1 or 2 6V (w/out Navi)available....should I just be patient and hold off for a month? One dealer told me he only orders 5 of these per month. He was not willing to go below $700 over invoice (with $99 doc fees). That's the best deal I have now...and I have offers from 4 dealerships. Keep shopping or hold tight... Thanks for all of your knowledge and insight! I have learned a ton here!
  • Hi. I finally put down a deposit and getting my 2014 EX-L this weekend. These are my numbers in the Long Island area. There were one or two others I saw looking for an Accord on LI/NYC. If you are interested in this price (or maybe better Sept 30) I can give you my name and the dealer. Said he'd match this price for you, as well as give me a little referral gift :)

Sale Price: $26650 (at invoice)
    Trade in: $250 (15 year old beat up car, could have got $300 at junk yard but not worth hassle)
    Sales tax: $2277.00 (8.625%)
    Flex: -$500 (not sure of Honda %, but plan to pay back not too long)
    DMV: ~$150
    OTD: 28314.00 + four oil changes

I know I could have held out till end of month to lower the invoice or a few add ons, but needed to get this done so I can focus on work.

So this was $26,150 with flex, next best was $26,300. Spoke to about 6 dealers on LI/Queens/Brooklyn. Considering just one week ago I was starting out at a 2013 EX-L for $26,500 knowing nothing, with all the great info in this forum got a 2014 for less than that...so thank you all!

Steve
    Good job Steve - nice deal for a 2014 - bet that leather smells great!

Enjoy the car!

Bill G
  • need to purchase either a 2013 or 2014 Honda Accord EX-L asap. anyone know the invoice price in this area and whether paying cash will be of any value to ME as buyer(fees)..would like to buy 2013, but probably can't because of color selection (want a light metallic color, grey, pearl white,silver)leather, etc. can anyone help me?...(you are also helping my 87 year old mom be more comfortable)
  • iffiiffi Posts: 5
    Thanks bluemkn57cars.

For 2014 EX how much under invoice would be a good price for end of Sep as well as end of Oct in your opinion.

2013 seems to be running out for most dealership around the St Paul/Mpls Twin cities area.
  • Greetings, all.

I'm looking to purchase a 2014 Accord LX CVT in New Jersey. I got a price quote of $20,375 + $790 destination charge for it, with an OTD of $23,258. Based on the research I've done, that seems a bit too good to be true! I'm therefore wondering if I'd be wasting my time going to the dealership and possibly being subjected to some bait-and-switch tactic.

Am I right to be a bit skeptical, or is this price indeed in the ballpark of what I should expect to pay?Any feedback from recent buyers in the area would be very helpful. Thanks!
  • I am looking for a 2014 EX-L Accord in LA. I know gil123 got one for $550 below invoice and NO flex cash at Hollywood Honda. Thinking about waiting till Christmas may be I can get $1000 below invoice plus $500 flex cash.

I want to trade in a 2007 Buick Lucerne with 51000 miles. If I wait till Christmas to save $500 the value of the Buick might drop by then and end up wasting time by waiting.

What do you guys think?

I have been reading every message on this board for the last two months and have learned a lot. None of the messages discussed LowJack, is it good to buy it with the car? does it really save money on insurance?
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,682
    Steve
    Post the name of the dealership you purchased at.???

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• Hi. Sorry...typing late at night and forgot to add the dealers.

Got the 2014 4cyl EX-L for $26150 sale price (price detail as above) at Millenium Honda in Hempstead (parents got a car there a few years back and had a good experience). Went through Internet sales dept them came down. Initially on the phone before I went in they wanted to charge a $500+ doc fee, but that quickly went to $0 without too much of a fight. If anyone does go there please mention Steve G.

Second best price was at Huntington Honda at $26,300 (similar price breakdown to Millenium). I probably could have gone back to Huntington to get that knocked down, but in the end would have been +/- $50 to Millenium. Also spoke to Bay Ridge in Brooklyn who said $26,300 was feasible, but never followed up.

Steve
  • Thanks Bill. Looking fwd to that new leather smell when I pick it up on Saturday!
  • Matt,
    What dealership is it? Are you looking at coupes or sedans in the v6?
  • djyoungcitydjyoungcity Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    Mattlawscars:

I am looking for the same type of car you are in the raleigh area. I found Danville, VA to have the best deal. This is their price breakdown. I got them to throw in the trunk liner and wheel locks for free. Thinking of biting on this.
    They also have a lifetime drivetrain warrenty as well as 1 year exterior and 1 year interior protection against spills and nicks and such.

2014 Honda Accord EXL:

Internet Sales ePrice = $25,660.65
    Destination & Handling Included

Already Installed Accessories Additional = $0 (Unless dealer transfer has accessories on it)

Taxes = $821.94
    doc/processing Fee = $398.50
    NC License = $68.00 (New Tags)

North Carolina Out-the-door ePrice = $26,949.09

How does this look for a 4 door, 2014 EX-L Accord, 4 cylinder ?
  • Have you called around? You may have more buying power this weekend than I did since it's the close of the month. I had to buy last weekend because of work conflicts with this weekend.

I can tell you that LowJack would save us $8 per 6-months on our Accord via Progressive Insurance. We didn't buy it. LowJack itself costs you $700-$1000, plus they recommend servicing every 2 years for $99. So no, it won't save you any money.

Of course, Accords are high on the stolen-vehicle list, and California also has a high theft rate, so you might want to buy it for those reasons.
  • Hi iffi,

Are you getting any under invoice quotes for 2014 models in MSP? The best quote I received is invoice for an EX-L.
  • Hi I'm getting dealer saying 27850 - 500$ flex, plus tax tag title for a v6 coupe, seems kinda high for a year old car. What do you guys think? What should I counter with / price I should strive for?
  • I'm just telling you what an experienced sales person told me regarding the 5 day return. He said some people feel they can buy the car cheaper elsewhere, buyers remorse ect...He specifically said it could be returned in 5 days. This dealership sells a ton of cars, owns a lot of commercial property in Orlando, (very wealthy family) with tons of car and RV dealerships. So, am sharing what I was told.

So all I can say is call them and ask, Holler Honda, Orlando.

I paid for my trunk matt. (179.00) Are most people getting them free?

If you're in the Orlando area there are really only two Honda dealerships to choose from. Holler and Coggins. Holler DOES NOT negotiate prices, and Coggins does. I didn't check Collins prices.
  • A dealer is quoting $27,900 for 2014 Accord Ex-l V6 no navigation. The price includes destination fee, but excludes tags and taxes.

My question is
    1. Is it a good price for 2014 model?
    2. If I take Honda financing, can I ask for flex cash?
    3. What else can I negotiate? :)

Thanks,
  • If there ever was a come on for car shoppers - here comes www.TRUECAR.com . This sleazy outfit tricks unsuspecting buyers that it is showing all of the prices for vehicle purchases in the general area - they are not. RIPOFFCAR does no such thing. Instead they do not include prices the heavy discounters sell to the public with. This has the effect of making unsuspecting carbuyers believe they are getting a good deal - but they are not. I can't believe consumer reports and other "reputable" organizations use this outfit. Don't spend a dime with Consumer Reports or any other service who use TRUECAR. Every time these sleezeballs help get a car sold, they get $300 bucks for the "lead". So if you go on USAA or american express and get a price off of their websites, instead go direct to the internet manager or use Carwoo to get a better one. I hope the CEO of TRUECAR chokes on it. By the way, I am merely offering an opinion. I believe in free speech. Thanks to Edmunds for this message site. And enjoy your new Honda Accord - what a great car.
  • So what's the catch? Truecar is offering a 2014 EX-L V6 sedan in my area for $28,218. This is supposed to include destination, thus placing this car about $325 below invoice. If I pursue this deal, what can I expect to happen once I contact the dealer? You're obviously passionate about your position so please elaborate.
    Listen to what this poster is saying - you can almost always negotiate a better deal on your own if you know what you're doing and arm yourself with as much car buying knowledge as possible.

Bill G
  • To start with - if you buy through TRUECAR, they get $300 bucks. Since you have a price with "no negotiation", why not email at least 10 car dealerships in the Area for the car you are looking for. Also, ask in this forum who in your area has recently purchased and for what price- show a city/state Area. People are great in this forum and share their experiences. If you are in the Wash DC metro Area, I can give you prices from the emails received from two dealerships. I bought through one of them 2 years ago and am planning on buying another at the end of either October or November. Criswell and Ourisman Honda are discount dealers in the DC area and I am sure this forum can provide you the discount dealers close to the Area you live in. If you must buy go through the internet manager and see if you can get at least $300 under the RIPOFFCAR price. Don't forget to also not fall for the "paperwork or document fees which some dealers mark up to $500 which does nothing but pad their pockets.
  • Valid points IF you have the inclination to haggle with a dozen or so dealers via phone and email. Frankly, I'd skip it all if the savings is only going to net me a couple hundred bucks. It just isn't worth the time and aggravation. But I can appreciate that there are many here who get a rush from the negotiation process. I know enough not to overpay for doc fees, detailing fees and other profit centers that these dealers concoct. But calling Truecar rip-off artists is a little extreme IMHO.
  • You are absolutely correct about the haggle - but if you don't want to haggle, then at least use CarWOO which is independent of Fake car Price or Truecar You can either accept the price offered or you can use the multiple offeres received through CARWOO and then use them to go back to each dealer who offered you a price for their best and final. Not so much haggling, but I would bet you'll get a far better deal for one days work. If you don't like the price, you don't have to buy. Best of luck with the purchase and I am sure you will enjoy your new Honda, they are great cars.
    edited September 2013
    Truecar................... is a good service for the Un educated buyer. Pricing is way off. It may be more accurate price wise in the sticks were there are 2 dealerships in a 300 mile area. Otherwise its useless The Only way to get a good price and determine your area's market value is to call/ email or visit dealerships at months end. If you dont like to haggle or feel a few hundred dollars is not worth you effort, then just reading thru these posts will give you a good idea on pricing. Hopefully there are people in your area posting on here.

You could get a internet quote or a price from the salesman in the dealership for 20,500 on Sept 15th. If you go to buy at the end of the month more than likely that price is 500 to 1000 less than the initial offer. This i have proven year after year after year. We always take into consideration Supply and demand, time of the year, and area on pricing.

Steve................ Thanks

enjoy your new accord

• Hi Guys,

I wanted to get your thoughts on whether this is a good deal or not? Thank you in advance for your help! It's been interesting to sort through all the pricing, fees, and all that each dealers are throwing.

Car: Honda Civic EX-L w/ Navi
    Lease Term: 36 months (12k miles/year)
    Money factor: 0.00075
    Guaranteed value after lease: 55%

Offer: $326 (including tax)
    + Drive off fee: $683 ( -- is this standard?)
    + 0 due at signing

Is this a fair deal? good deal? Any comments or suggestions?