Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• smithsincsmithsinc Posts: 15
    I spoke to someone at Hubert Vester Honda in Wilson, NC.
  • astro13astro13 Posts: 26
    You can definetly do better. I just purchased a EXL-V6 sedan for $25,375.00 + TTL in Michigan a couple of weeks ago. Plus I received the 2.9% financing they offered in June.
  • Hey everyone, I've been a reader but not a poster on these boards for the past few months, and have found them to be a great help. I just leased a 2008 accord v6 coupe, and i think i got a pretty good deal. I thought i would share the numbers with you:

Long Island, New York
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe silver/black NO NAV
    MSRP 28310 + 660 Dest.
    36 mos, 12K, through Honda Finance
    residual 15919
    mf .00186
    $1850 up front (tax, title, fees, NO 1st payment etc)
    also $200 cap cost reduction paid up front
    $365/mo
    Sales tax rate is 8.65%

Again, i think this is a good deal, and i wanted to share. If not, well, oops its too late. The car is absolutely gorgeous. IMO the 18" rims and foglights make all the difference on the 6-cyl vs the 4.

Thanks again everyone for posting these things that have definitely made me somewhat more knowledgeable about the leasing process.
  • riteshdasriteshdas Posts: 2
    Can someone tell me what would be the OTD with the breakup for 2008 Honda Accord LX Sedan in Arizona - I am from Phoenix and Sales Tax is 8% I guess.

Does anyone know a good dealer in and around Phoenix if you got a deal recently?
  • pj1369pj1369 Posts: 16
    Hey-

I live in the DC metroplex and I'm looking at getting an Accord EX-L I4 Auto w/ NAV. After doing some research and noticing the car is selling for 24.8K+TTL in some areas, I was thinking about aiming to getting the Sedan with the above specs for $24.5K (+TTL) or Coupe for $24.7K (+TTL). Is this too agressive or do these sound like good price points?

The dealerships near here seem to have tons of Accords in stocks (but the civics are flying off the lots).

Additionally, I'm buying two cars at the same time - hoping it will help in negotiation. The Accord mentioned above and a Civic LX Auto Coupe for hopefully invoice price of $100 to $200 below.

Any thoughts or feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
  • halecphalecp Posts: 14
    thegraduate, I wanted to run a quote i got on the above by you.

$22,381.07 (after dest) + $250 (doc fee) + $1527.59 (OH tax 6.75% ) + $5 (title fee)

$24,163.07 OTD. They also want to charge me a "registration fee" but would provide me with a price over the internet which makes me somewhat skeptical. I've emailed a handful of dealerships, and no other dealers are charging registration fees; standard seems to be doc fee @ $250 and a license fee @ $25.
    Overall is this a good quote?
    Guys,

Based on your experience etc., what would be a good deal OTD for a 2008 Honda Accord EX-L w/o Navigation + BlueTooth as an option. I am in the North Carolina so the sales tax here is 3%. Also if you know of a reasonable Honda dealer who is will to be fair to the customer without any gimic, your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all and keep the posts coming.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    I'm not sure what a "registration" fee actually is?

They are giving you the car at invoice EXACTLY ($21,711+670dest), plus the doc fee. You should be able to either ask them to remove the doc fee, or get another $250 off the price, since doc fees are set by the dealer, and unlike destination charges, are negotiable. Many states have a cap on them limiting those to, at most, one or two hundred dollars.

I'd ask for $22,000 even + doc + TTL, or for them to remove the doc fee. It's not a bad deal WITH the doc fee assuming it is the color and trim level you want.

PS: I assume this is an automatic transmission? If it isn't, the price should be $800 lower than it already is ($21,581 vs. $22,381).
    Sedan or Coupe? 4-cyl? Automatic or Manual?
  • missmelmissmel Posts: 13
    the graduate,

I was hoping you could help me out and give me your opinion on what I was offered for an 08 Accord Coupe EX-L (4 cyl, no nav) - $25500 otd. Could I do better? If so what do you suggest? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    It is really impossible to know what kind of deal you are getting without a breakdown (car + tax + any fees the dealer is charging).

Go here, to Edmunds TMV to find the invoice prices for your select Honda Accord model/transmission choice.

Invoice + Destination is $24,188 on an EX-L Coupe, Automatic. If taxes are $1300 or more, you are paying under invoice. If they are less, you are paying over invoice, and could probably do better.
  • jerkellyjerkelly Posts: 2
    the graduate- I am not smithsinc, but I am looking at same model. 2008 ex-L sedan no navigation and automatic transmission, 4-cyl
    Take a look at the link I provided in post 21300 - it'll lead you to where you can find the invoice price.
  • pj1369pj1369 Posts: 16
    how much should the same car (ex-l 4-cyl) cost with navigation - any opinions?
  • jerkellyjerkelly Posts: 2
    Thanks. I did see the invoice price. So, I shouldn't pay more than invoice?
  • missmelmissmel Posts: 13
    thegraduate,

Thanks for the quick response.. Taxes here are 6.5% or 7% depending on the county. They initially offered me $25710 otd and here was the break down on that:

$23526 (including dest charge) + $599.95 dealer fees + $8.50 tire & bat fee + $130 tag transfer + $1448 (estimate tax).

They are now offering me $25500 otd. Hope this helps, let me know what you think.

Thanks again.
    I would think with a little price shopping, most people should be able to get invoice, possibly a few hundred less. Remember, the 2009s will be on the lot in 2 months, making your car a full model year old.
  • bobbootzbobbootz Posts: 1
    I purchased my Accord V6 from Tarrytown Honda. I shopped around all the local dealers and got the best price and service there.
    Thegraduate,

It is a Sedan, 4cyl, Automatic.
  • newguy8newguy8 Posts: 7
    HI , I'M IN NYC , OFFERED PRICE AT THE DOOR FOR AN HONDA LX -P

LX-P : $22,445 OTD PRICE , SO IS THIS A GOOD DEAL .