Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Posts: 985
    In Arizona the registration for the car you are buying is about $500 for one year!
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,020
    A reporter would like to speak with consumers who are thinking about trading in a gas-guzzler for a more fuel-efficient vehicle. If you are in the process of making this decision, please respond to jwahl@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Wednesday, July 22nd.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• missmelmissmel Posts: 13
    What about tag and dealership fees?
  • cuvangcuvang Posts: 31
    I will try $23,000 even on EXL 4cyn sedan at my local dealership tomorrow and see what happens. Wish me luck.
  • stephen71stephen71 Posts: 1
    i just purchased a 2088 accord ex with mud guards, pin striping and body side moldins for $22,300 including destination. purchased in greenwich ct. no other dealer in ct. would match.
  • semantic2semantic2 Posts: 28
    Any body have quotes or prices for a 08 or 09 Honda Accord LX in the New Orleans area? I'm helping my brother-in-law look for one but I am not in his area and his access to internet is somewhat limited.

Also if you have dealer info and experience please let me know.

thanks in advance.
  • bulldog12bulldog12 Posts: 5
    I am intereted in the exact car you purchased. The 2008 EX-L 4cyl Auto with NAVI. Can you give more information regarding your deal? Did you finance? If so how much did you pay up front, put down, and what is your monthly payment?
  • socalhondasocalhonda Posts: 24
    Yes I paid $23,000 (plus Tax and title and registration) for a 08 4cyl auto EX-L sedan w/out navi (included dest) here in Los Angeles last June and I got 2.9% financing. Los Angeles has great prices for Accords but it seems the rest of the country is paying more. I suppose the inventory is now dwindling but you never know, I even saw a brand new 2007 Accord EX V-6 on a dealer lot last Friday! Now that was marked way down.
    I called Hardin they wanted $23.397 and told them your price , they say maybe. I have to be in store for manager approval. They have over 120 in stock. Will go tomorrow.
    Is it a EXL sedan 4cyn? Wow that is unheard of , thats $2,000 off invoice! great job!
    How did you negotiate to this price? I offered $23,000 in SoCAL today, will wait til tomorrow to pull trigger.
  • socalhondasocalhonda Posts: 24
    You need to try Hardin Honda in Anaheim or Honda of Hollywood. Do everything over the internet and walk in, write the check and drive off. Both dealers are fair and will not try to rip you off. Just ask for a quote from the internet dept. and go from there. I got my Accord from Honda of Hollywood and they were very fair and didn't try to trick me in any way.
  • john91cjohn91c Posts: 10
    Wow you guys are getting great deals. I just bought a '08 Accord EX-L for $24,000 (includes dest & handling of $635 and clear bra for $399) + tax, which final #'s came in at $24,318. We're allowed to take off the trade value of our car and just pay the difference in the new car- trade in value for tax. So I only paid taxes on around $3300. We got the Polished Metal Metallic with gray interior. We got the car in Denver, CO, at Go Honda on 104th.
  • jks6jks6 Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am looking to purchase an EX 4 cyl sedan in nj. What is the price I should aim for while negotiating. Also, if anyone has purchased one in nj, can they recommend a dealer? Thanks in advance for all your advise
  • ral2167ral2167 Posts: 642
    what did you trade in???
  • john91cjohn91c Posts: 10
    I made a bad choice in a earlier purchase in Jan. I bought a Jeep liberty lmtd 2008. I lost some $ because of the down payment but didn't end up "belly up" when they gave me trade in value for it.

the reason it was a bad choice is because we already have a mini-van, odyssey, and we really didn't need 2 big cars/suv's. So we downsized to a mid/full sedan. The Liberty actually got decent gas mileage for a suv, 16 city, 23 highway.
  • when will the 2009 honda come out?
    will it be much more expensive than the 2008's that they are selling on the lots now?
    seems like a lot of accords in inventories on dealer lots
    what will the 2009 have that the 2008 accord does not?
    am I better off buying a 2008 for the price advantage?
    will there be any upcoming deals to get rid of hte 2008's before the 2009's come out?
    what is better? an accord or a camry?
    I like them both but the accord is about 1500 more for a 2008 versus a 2009 camry
    what gives with that?
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,610
    I suppose I could let the resident "experts" answer your question and I'm sure they will correct me but...

Look for 2009's in Spetember. I expect few if any differences.

Yes, they will cost more. Everything is going up.

You can get an excellent deal on a 2008 but don't wait too long.

Both are good cars but the Accords drive so much better. My opinion only.

Don't get confused over pricing because Toyota offers a bunch of confusing option packages. Hondas don't cost any more.

Good Luck!
  • viet1viet1 Posts: 10
    4kidmom,

Real men drive top Accord or Acura. Choosy Moms drive Camry. That's the rule of thumb. No question asked.
  • when will the 2009 honda come out?
    August/September

will it be much more expensive than the 2008's that they are selling on the lots now?
    No, it'll probably be the same price because the 08 has been redesign so the next 4/5 years will look like the 08 accord right now. Look at all the other generation of Accord before that. They keep the same design for 4/5 years. So, the 2008-2012 will be consider the 8th generation Accord. Nothing will be new and the 09 will be the same as the 08. Plus, the economy is not good right now so prices will not go up as Accords are not moving as fast as the Civics.

seems like a lot of accords in inventories on dealer lots
    Yes, there are many. Accords do not move as much as Civics because of gas prices and the economy.

what will the 2009 have that the 2008 accord does not?
    It'll both be the same. Same answer as above.

am I better off buying a 2008 for the price advantage?
    It's up to you. Wait til the 09 comes out before getting the 08. You can negotiate more because dealers will want to move the 08 to make room for the 09. Don't worry about selection being low because you can select from the 09, if what you want from the 08 is not available anymore. Why pay the same price for the 09 when you can get the 08, which is the same car, for cheaper by haggling(must be at least
    $1000 below invoice to be consider cheaper, IMO).?

will there be any upcoming deals to get rid of hte 2008's before the 2009's come out?
    I don't know about this.

what is better? an accord or a camry?
    Camry are for older people while the accord is more for the younger generation. My parent just got a new camry and i don't like it as much as the accord. Accord is for male while camry is for female.

I like them both but the accord is about 1500 more for a 2008 versus a 2009 camry
    what gives with that?
    Because the Accord is a cooler car. I like the Accord more because of how it handles. The camry isn't good at handling. This is what I got from driving both the accord and camry. Camry are cheaper than Accord in term of pricing but both are reliable car. Not that much difference between the features that comes with it. Accord have vehicle stability, camry doesn't. Camry has lumber support, Accord doesn't. etc....
  • ashton_nashton_n Posts: 16
    Guys,

I have been trying to find some posts here with dealers in southern california region for EX-L V6 AT but have'nt found much info. Could anyone guide me to the right dealers that will give a good price without haggling like crazy.