Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jurizarjurizar Posts: 18
    I just wanted to check with everyone on the boards here about the price I'm being quoted. Norm Reeves is quoting me $21545 for an EX model. MSRP is 24530. The price includes destination, so all that's left is tac, lic, and other fees. Is it a good deal?
  • plantsplants Posts: 3
    I got a quote on a 2008 Accord LX Sedan automatic of 18,899.00. Drive out from the dealer will be 19,519.75 plus taxes (3%) which I will pay in Alabama. The quote comes from a dealer near Atlanta.

I feel this is a good offer but would appreciate comments.
  • QUICK HELP. Just got back from the dealer and need to know if this is a good price for Acoord Coupe 08 EX. im not looking for best deal, but maybe average price that's acceptable and not rip-off

OTD for Accord Coupe 08 EX- $24,200. no options or accessories i matched it with edmund prices and invoice etc etc. CA here, with 7.75% tax.

also the guy said downpayment should be around 1/3 of the car. is that true or was he bull@#$%ing me? i was under the impression that it's around 20%.

he also said that my credit score doesnt mean much to them because it's fairly new, and that i can't get good APR. i used a bank credit car for the past 3~ years and paid full every month.
    score=739
    he said that everybody starts at 700 or something. is he right?
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    The down payment is completely up to you; it "should" be whatever you want it/need it to be.
  • Edmund prices is usually higher, I don't know the price about Coupe, but I got quote for 08 EX-L 4 cylds Sedan around 24500 OTD.

Anyway, I will try another dealership. They are now trying to get rid of 08 accords. :shades:
  • lordy,
    I am in cape corel, fl. I am also looking for EX-L sedan. Maybe we can share the information.
    I find a better price at Naples but w/o Lifetime Powertain Warranty, Honda Protection Package and AutoButler. It's 24,500 OTD.

Which dealership you talking to ?
  • rambo007rambo007 Posts: 23
    Wilmington, DE, Union Honda
  • 21,545 is a pretty fair deal.. but what about the other 'fees'? some dealers rip you off with their fees. since im in socal too and got the same car for about the same price, you should be looking at an average OTD price of 23,350 - 23500..anything above that, walk away... the only fees u pay are tax (depending what county u are registering the car), dmv (avg 200) and documentation fee (about 55$), some charge a tire fee of like 9 bucks (just pay it, its probably their cigarette money or something).
  • parvizparviz Posts: 484
    I just read your post and it may be a little too late for you but at least for others' info, the auto dimming rearview mirror is standard on the V6 EXL, so the extra charge was not warranted and could be considered dishonest or maybe fraud?
    Someone correct me if I am wrong.
    P.S. Check out the sticker listing or the owner's manual, that should clarify it.
  • I am at SF bay area. I got the OTD of 25,700 for accord 2008 EX-L 2.4L Sedan Auto. Is this good deal at bay area(sale tax 8.25%)? what is the decent price for this model at bay area?

Should I go for Accord 2009 EX-L Sedan Auto 2.4L? I asked for some dealer for the price by email, they said they can only offer me the price for this new accord on site.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,671
    Before you get financing from this dealer, you should get a financing commitment from your local bank or credit union... That way, you'll know if he is giving you a good deal on the loan.. If he can beat your bank's rate, so much the better..

It sounds like he is getting ready to take you to the cleaners in the finance office.. We aren't privy to your financial records, so we don't know... but, if you have another offer from a bank or c.u., then you will know..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• plantsplants Posts: 3
    I am planning to drive 2 hours to Willett Honda and purchase 2008 Honda LX. Did you purchase from the quote given and did things go smoothly? I was goven basically same quote as you.

Thanks
  • 2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6

26,536 - Sale Price
    200 - Doc Fee
    1,604 - Mich Tax
    23 - Transfer Fee
    ------------------------------
    28,367 - Out The Door

What is everyone's opinion on this price? Ideally, I would like the OTD price to be approx 27,000 to 27,500. Am I expecting too much? Am I lowballing with this 'ideal' OTD price? If not ... How should I go about obtaining this desired price ... What should be my next move?

THANKS ALL
  • ltazeltaze Posts: 17
    I'm not sure where you are located, but I got a quote today from Largo Honda in Florida City (Miami), FL for the 2008 EX-L V6 4door sedan (not sure if the coupe is pricier):

25,006.47 for car
    258.50 in DMV fees
    479.50 for documentation fee (whatever that means)
    1529.16 tax

OTD price is 27,273.63. So I think you could get it closer to 27K out the door.
  • ltazeltaze Posts: 17
    Waterbump, I'm in Miami (Cape Coral is about a 2 hr drive for me), but I have to know, are you saying you were quoted the EX-L v6 for 24,500 OTD or was it the 4 cyl model? Your quote includes tax, tag, fees, and the whole bag of charges they stick you with? Since I haven't bought yet and I am between this car and the Camry, I am still trying to decide. My OTD from Largo Honda was 27,273.63. But if you got a quote 3K lower, I will be negotiating more. Thanks.
  • I'm located in Michigan. You got a great price on your accord!

Anyone purchase an exl v6 coupe in Michigan? If so, How much?
  • bob_xubob_xu Posts: 3
    plants,

your price on LX is extremely good. I could not find anything close.
  • bob_xubob_xu Posts: 3
    Including destination charge.

Extras are:
    +Tax (7%)+ Title/Doc/DMV (147.50). Financed at 1.9% for 3 years.

Albany, NY.
  • Whats a good price to shoot for with the LX-P MT? Right now the best offer I have is 21307 out the door.

Thanks for the help.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    I have no clue what your taxes are, which makes knowing if the $21,307 figure is a good one quite difficult. Could you elaborate a bit? :)