Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• "So I have turned my attention to a 2009. My lowest quote has been for $26435 ($700 over invoice+destination). However, I was told that this Accord configuration has not been produced yet and will not be produced until October (for November delivery). Does that ring true to you, mplshondadlr? I thought in a previous post that you stated there were some of these 2009's available in your region.

I am hoping to get down to at least invoice pricing on this car when the deal is made."

I just ment '09 Accords are available. Not a specific trim and transmission. Sorry for not making myself clear.

I just checked my build status for my dealership and we have one with a build date of 10/12 - 10/16 and that one is already sold. So yeah, that seems right to me.

Now to inject some persective from a dealer: I doubt you'll be able to buy at it invoice. When a dealer gets a limited number of vehicles to fill orders, there really is no incentive to discount it to invoice. $500-700 over is reasonable for both parities (IMO). However, I can not speak for dealers in your area. Just my .02.
  • dlflyboydlflyboy Posts: 24
    I bought a '09 white diamond accord sedan w/navi last Friday. Paid 30,381.00 (without taxes). It also has the mud guards, paint sealant, pin striping, visor deflector, rear wing spoiler.
  • kendirrkendirr Posts: 8
    Thanks, I appreciate your information and your insight. Just curious, would I be able to request a particular color combination or do dealers just get sent a random assortment?
  • Picked up my '09 Accord Sedan EXL V6 w/out Navi today.

Paid $27,060, includes destination ($500 over invoice + destination $670) Dealer threw in wheel locks.

Added one additional dealer option for $99 (guaranteed loaner car for service plus 10% discount on services)

Tax (7%- $1894), registration ($334), documentation ($219) extra. NJ charges $334, but that's for 4 years registration and inspection, which won't need to be done until 2012. There were some other minor fees that were under $20 so it wasn't worth arguing over.

Was not looking for the lowest rock bottom price, as I wanted to have the car serviced locally. Guaranteed loaner car for service over 1 hour was important. Was just looking for decent deal.

I really had to have an '09 and most dealers were pushing '08 inventory.

For the OTD folks- $29,621.40.

Since so many of the folks on this board were helpful with what they were paying and being quoted, I thought I'd return the favor.
  • csr67csr67 Posts: 58
    Why did you "have to have an 09"? Identicial car to the 2008 model. Dealers could care less where you bought your Honda, and they won't treat you any differently. I bought the same car as you last week in an 08 model for $2,205 less (Price including Destination). The two grand will rent a lot of cars for the very rare case where my car may be in the shop for other than a quick oil change. I can get a mid-size rental for $35 a day, so there's 63 "loaner" car days right there. I'd be shocked if my Accord needed 63 in-shop days during its' lifespan.
  • parvizparviz Posts: 484
    Here in northern CA, my friend was offered a 09 I-4, EX for invoice. So, they are already here!
    My experience has been that you never know, even if you get a great deal from a dealer today, you may not be able to get the same deal from the same dealer a week from now. They operate based on various factors such as inventory, incentives, contests, quotas, etc. I would just email all the internet managers within a radius that you are comfortable with to travel, and get your best deal based on that.
    There is still some room in that. Currently, the easier to find 08's are going for about $500 below invoice in Sacramento area. BTW, the 09's are already out. Elk Grove Honda offered an 09 I4 Ex to a friend of mine at invoice, he opted for the 08 because of the 1.9% financing and also got $400 below invoice.
    That must be a V6?
  • What dealership in PA?
  • viktervikter Posts: 2
    Purchased August 16,2008 from Russell & Smith Honda in Houston TX

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6 without Navi (no additional accessories)

MSRP $28,730
    Price $25,339.82
    Sales Tax $1,583.74
    Dealer Inventory Tax $53.39
    Inspection and Title Fee $56.75
    License Fee $72.30
    Documentary Fee $50.00
    Drive Out $27,156.00

I showed the dealer a printout of the Honda Care extended warranties on https://www.myhondawarranty.com They offer 8 years / 120,000 miles extended warranty with $0 deductible for $995. The dealer refused to match it stating that $995 is the dealer's cost. The dealer offered it for $1095 and I offered to split the difference. I ended up buying this for an additional $1045. Honda Warranty code is D82.

I prepared by reading this forum and so here is my contribution back to this forum. I encourage everyone who beleives that they negotiated a better deal because of this forum to please post the final sale price, taxes, fees, and drive out price. Good Luck on buying your next car!
  • dale19dale19 Posts: 2
    Sorry.

08 Accord LX sedan: 19,815
    08 Accord EX sedan: 22,255
    The prices are before TTL. I'm in Missouri. Do you think they are good deals? Thanks.
  • rambo007rambo007 Posts: 23
    Its from Union Honda, Wilmington, DE which is very close though I live in PA.
  • I've been driving a '97 Infiniti I30. I got an internet quote on an '08 for $24355 + $670. I could have purchased the '08 and as soon as I drove it off the lot, I'd have a one year old car. If I'm going to have it for another 10 years, I want the pleasure of driving a new car for at least the first year. I decided I was going to buy a car in June but I wanted a new model.

It may not make sense, I admit it is an emotional thing, but as I said, I was not after the lowest price. The loaner car thing was only $99 and I listed it in case someone was adding up the numbers. I just posted for folks that might be looking at '09's.

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that will make better deals. I just decided what I was willing to pay to get what I wanted now, made an offer and bought the car. I can now enjoy driving what I wanted- totally emotional- not economic based, I'll admit.
  • spg3spg3 Posts: 1
    mvperez4jesus:

Regarding your LX-P prices (post 21811): are your quotes for AT or MT? 2008 or 2009?

Thank you in advance.
  • All automatic, and like i said, anyone should be able to get better prices, as the trims and colors available for the 08 are limited by the dealers, is the end of the month and another quater, so they need those cars out of the lot ASAP
  • I am going to a dealership today and didn't know what was a reasonable amount to pay for the lx or lxp. The dealership said they have 18 of these cars.

Should I go with the 2008 or 2009? Aren't they basically the same?

This is my first post and I've never bought a Honda so I'm not exactly sure what I should do to get the best car for the best price.

Thanks,

Michelle in Tx
  • csr67csr67 Posts: 58
    Michelle,

Personally, I would never set foot into a dealership without having first obtained an internet "quick quote" from several dealers. That way you'll know what your price is without all the back/forth games, and it's highly likely that you won't be able to beat the internet offered price. No difference between the 08 and 09 Accords. If you're ok having an 08, you'll save about $1k and have better Honda finance offerings as well. For the v6 I bought last week, they had 0.9% on 08's only...Rates on the 4 cyl will be higher.
  • Thank you for the info. I'm ok with the 2008 because I will use it as my work car. I travel about 100 miles a day round trip. I am just looking for a car that is reliable and will last me for at least 200,000 miles.

I will email several dealerships in my area for prices. Do they actually give you amounts via email?

Again, thanks for your help. I was pretty much clueless! :)
  • Great, thank you!