Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ljctxljctx Posts: 14
    That's $2,000 below invoice. I don't believe it. Must be for a 2008 Honda.
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    Or there is an under-allowance on the trade.
    Or it's a 4 cylinder
  • Wow! That's around $1000 less than the lowest price our members reported. Any more details as we could do more research on it?

Thanks!
  • Hi there, when you want to sell this car, contact me, i am interested in one of those cars,
  • Hi there, when you want to sell this car, contact me, i am interested in one of those cars
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Posts: 702
    Quotes do not mean anything especially "before everything"
    What matters is the OTD price because we ALL pay an OTD price.
  • tgtytgty Posts: 3
    Got this quote, what do you guys think ?

09 Honda Accord EX Sedan

Car ( Accesories: Paint & Fabric protection, Tinted Windows, Mud Guards, Key Locks, Cargo Tray ) $23,300
    Tax 6.25% $1,456
    Documentary Fee $50.00
    Title Fee $58.80
    License Plates $60.80
    Inspection Fee $23.75
    Full Deputy Fee $5.00
    Dealer's Inventory Tax $57.80

OTD = $25,012
  • "What matters is the OTD price because we ALL pay an OTD price.

Have to disagree on this one. OTD can mean so many different things based on what state/county/city the car is being bought in. OTD is a useless number to compare deals on. What matters for comparison sake is selling price of the car.
    Lets say you are shopping for a car. Are you indicating you will not shop and OTD price? An individual's tax rate should be consistant so buying out of town or state will not matter because tax is based upon residency. Shopping an OTD provides an easy number to work with that we ALL pay.
    Of course what I just mentioned may not matter if you shop for other people because they may have a differnt tax rate.
  • I am saying that posting an OTD number, here on a forum with people from all across the country trying to compare deals is worthless.

Now if you are working your own deal with several dealers, then of course you are going to compare OTD.
  • An individual's tax rate should be consistant so buying out of town or state will not matter because tax is based upon residency. Shopping an OTD provides an easy number to work with that we ALL pay.

Exactly. An individual's tax rate will be the same. However, this forum is researched by people from all across the country. Saying "I paid $25318 OTD" is meaningless to anyone living in another state unless you also clearly break down that number line by line. price of car, taxes, DMV fees, etc.

Sure, we ALL pay an OTD price. What I want to know is what are you paying for the car. I can figure what my OTD would be from there based on MY state tax and DMV fees. What are Accords selling for in NJ, Socal, Tulsa, etc. but most importantly what are they selling for in SC, NC, GA which are the relevant markets for where I live.

Your taxes on automobiles in NC are higher than mine in SC. I pay a maximum of $300 state tax plus about $35 for a new license plate & title. If you and I both go to Hendrick Honda in Charlotte and buy identical cars for the same price, your OTD will be considerably higher than mine.

Out the door (OTD) means how many dollar bills in a paper bag do I have to take to F&I to buy a car.
  • ctozyctozy Posts: 5
    Hi all,

I'm new to this forum. Thanks in advance for all your inputs.

In the market for an Accord with Navigation and have the following questions:
    a) The car will be used primarily for daily 5-mile commute to and from work, plus occassional weekend visits from Stamford, CT, to NYC or Boston. What's your take on purchasing a 190hp I4 vs. 271hp V6? Which will be eaiser to maintain if I keep the car for 5 years or more?
    b) Playing the new car buying game is not my strongest strength but overpaying for anything is one of my biggest dislikes. What do you think is a good deal for the 190hp I4? and 271hp V6? If possible, please also comment on the 2008 models.
    c) Understand there aren't much changes from 2008 to 2009. Do you know any dealer that may give a good price on 2008?

Thank you.
  • I4 is best bet. love mine.

Piad $1500 below invoice back in May. Bet you can do better now that the world is ending.

Gerry
  • Agreed to Price + TTL over telephone, then when it came to signing the documents, they added prices for tint, clear coat, etc...($3000)...Classic bait $ switch....they called it "MISCOMMUNICATION." What a Joke!!!
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Considering your car's primary function (around town commuting), I'd go with the 4-cyl. It'll meet your driving needs, I'd bet. It also costs less, and will probably have better resale value (as a percentage of new) than the V6, in this age of $3+ gas.
    It will be nice to list the price before tax for other people however if you are shopping for yourself all you will do is confuse yourself by not adding tax.
  • At invoice or a little below, the dealer still makes money! The dealer gets hold back $$'s on every vehicle, plus any volume discounts from Honda ect. The way to work is to give a firm price and use that price with all dealers in the area. Its not rocket science. In this economic climate, lots of dealers need to get the cars off the lot.
  • Hi,
    I am looking for a Honda Accord 2009 EX 4CYL, No NAV, Gray. The current MSRP is $24,255 and the current Invoice is $21,993. After visiting the 3rd Dealership (Castle Honda) in Illinoi-and getting the lowest offer compared from the first 2-I gave $350 of deposit and signed a ILLINOI STANDARD BUYERS ORDER form, and they will have the car ready for me on Monday at which time I have to come in and sign the papers (finance and all other papers) and drive out of the parking lot. Can you tell me if I am getting a good deal?

car price- $21,500
    dest- $670
    doc fee $150
    county tax $15
    8% tax $ 1,786
    license/title $ 150

TOTAL OTD $24,271
  • Im looking to buy a 2008 Accord LX or EX. My question is... Im going to pay cash but is it better while dealing to let them know Im paying cash or wait until a price is settled upon? Can you get a better or worse deal paying cash?
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Posts: 749
    Can you get a better or worse deal paying cash?

I don't think it will make any diff. Cash is king right now. Some dealers might want you to finance in the past so that they can get some commissions from the lenders.