Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• MSRP: $30755 + Dest
    w/ dealer installed splash guards

negotiated price: $28300

What do any of you think of this deal?
  • kk26, I am also shopping for a new Accord here in Houston. I checked John Eagle Honda, and all I got was the run around. They had the "Eagle Advantage", which had some quality additions, but they were not competitive on price to the bottom line. I have also shopped Gillman Honda which claims to be the # 1 volume dealer in this region. They were very competitive, but not as good as Streater Smith Honda in Conroe. I contacted them and asked for the "Sam's Club" price, and immediately I got a quote for $200 below invoice with no required add-ons, such as $295 wheel locks, $500 potection pack (which I consider to be worthless), and other such nonsense. Goodson Honda advertises "No one beats a Goodson Deal", but that's all hype. Good Luck with your shopping! :)
  • $300 wheel locks??? the msrp on those is like $55 on the acura website!
  • Hi; I got a 2009 Honda Accord EX-L in Riverside for $460 below invoice $23,880 including destination charge. Edmunds invoice may not include destination charge.
  • Edmunds always shows invoice, destination and the total of the two for the true invoice.
  • clodyclody Posts: 2
    So if I am reading this correctly, an appropriate price for a 2009 EX-L V6 with NAV might be: $27,866 (Edmonds Invoice) + $670 (destination) = $28,536. I would hope to actually pay around $400 dollars less, especially since it looks like the auto industry may be in trouble for some time to come. Does $28,136 sound like a fair price? Any advice? Should I go lower?
  • You need to get $500 below invoice to make it fair. I got my 2009 Accord EX-L for $460 below.

MSRP: $26,925 including destination charge
    Invoice: $24,450 including destintation charge
    Bought for: $23,988 including destination charge

Hope that helps and I'm in So. CA
  • clodyclody Posts: 2
    Yes, thanks. This does help me. If I can't get the price I think is fair for the Accord. I might look at the less expensive Hyundai Sonata.
  • kk26kk26 Posts: 8
    I'm supposed to go with my sister this weekend, to the one off of 290 n Jones. We just gonna walk in there and take a look and see what they got to offer. I'll keep you posted on what happens! I got an internet quote for the Accord 09' V6 EX sedan including destination 24,850.64.

I think i can go lower though, maybe even starting off at 22,000....anyone think thats possible? Im trying to find out what some good interest rates are that people have paid...anyone?
  • Just purchased 2009 Accord EX-L V6 w/o Navi at Russell & Smith in Houston
    Alabaster Silver/Black leather interior
    Sale Price w/ destination = $26,177 + TTL
    7yr/120mi $0 deductable Honda Care = $1,287
    I did add the Pro pack(wheel locks, splash guards & trunk tray) $377 and decklid spoiler $462
    I financed 60 mos @ 3.9%. This dealer is very professional and easy to deal with!
  • vaterpvaterp Posts: 23
    Hey all, just wondering if anyone has gotten or beaten invoice prices on 09 accords. Most of the dealers around me are talking a good game that they are doing just fine. With the recent news about all car sales so horrible, I'm having a hard time believing that.

Do you guys or gals think its worth waiting a bit to get or beat invoice?

FYI: I'm in the N.VA. market.

Thanks!
  • I checked Edmund's and the figures you're quoting above are for the 4cyl version w/o NAV...
  • I'm also in the N. VA market and just bought my 2009 EX-L V6 w/NAV and didn't get invoice, slightly over, but way under MSRP of $31425 (and that's on a dealer demo vehicle), though I figure with the 3.9%/60 financing, still got an OK deal for an 09'
    model with all the options (dealer even left on the splash guards).
  • Seanp1,

Thanks for your recent post on invoice pricing on your new purchase.
    I would appreciate a lead on the good dealers in the SoCal area you contacted and where you made the final deal. I am considering a purchase soon for the same
    Accord.
  • A "demo" may be a new car however it should sell for near or at a used car price.
  • I haven't completed the purchase yet, but I am getting quotes via email of $200 or $300 under invoice for a 09 Accord sedan LX. The best quote I got was for $19,900 plus Tags (~$200) + Tax (6%) in eastern PA. Edmonds invoice is $20,223 including destination fee. We'll see what happens when I head to the dealership to compete the deal.
  • Good Luck kk26...John Eagle Honda in Houston quotes an internet price, then when you get there, they have a bunch of very expensive dealer add ons, or at least that's what they wanted to do when I showed up. I dealt with Mariana there, and she was polite and informative, but would not budge on the price.
  • kk26kk26 Posts: 8
    thanks, any other dealerships you found to be better or comments about them?
  • I got $500 below invoice on 2009 Accord EX V6 in Western Ohio. Remember Honda has $500 market support now.
  • szerszer Posts: 80
    The market support is only for the 2008 Accords if you look carefully enough! ;)