Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• What trim? EX-L?

I just got my Accord Coupe V6 EX-L w/navigation for $27.7k including destination (i.e. about $1200 under invoice).
  • L731L731 Posts: 4
    The dealership I have been working with offered me 1000.00 below invoice on December 30. I'm still holding out for a bit lower. Seems with the new incentives it's possible.I'm trying to work a deal for 20,000.00 OTD for a 2009 Accord LX-P. They are showing a sticker of 25,000.00
  • I think I am getting same deal here in NJ. It is a V6 EX-L with navi. They are throwing remote start with that. ( about 1200 below invoice)
  • sarav01sarav01 Posts: 10
    Where in NJ are you? I am looking at getting the same trim...but the sedan model. Any help with regards to the dealer u r getting u r quotes from is much appreciated...

Thanks
  • reechzreechz Posts: 50
    If you are referring to a Honda LX-P, I got one right before the end of the year for $20,000 flat in New York (before taxes). But I fail to see how your dealer could have had a sticker of $25,000 as the msrp is only about $23000.
  • L731L731 Posts: 4
    There were add ons to the car, tint, mud flaps etc.
  • jitendra1

That is a great deal - the remote starter is worth another $300 or so. Good negotiating.

What color did you get?
  • honda00honda00 Posts: 29
    Actually a cars value to a dealership does change. If a dealer was stuck with a car long enough they would evenutally have to write down the value of that inventory on their books.

When the car community talks about depreciation they are referring to a decline in market value of the car. A 2008 Accord that is still sitting on a dealer lot has clearly had a decline in market value and therefore has depreciated in the most common sense of the word.
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Posts: 2,882
    Wow, are you serious? I've often heard that a demo was the worst deal on the lot but your example takes the prize.

What kind of car was this? You've stated before that the FL market was rough but this amazing.

This happened to me back in January 2007 when I bought my 2006 Toyota Tundra. The new redesigned Tundra was just about ready to hit the showroom floor and Tundras were in short supply. The dealer I went to had 2 Tundras left, almost identical, same color, body style, engine, trim, etc. One was a demo with 6K miles amd the other had about 15 or 20 miles. I asked the dealer how much of a discount was the demo and his answer was zero, as they both have the same floor plan. Needless to say, I bought and drove the other one home.
  • I am getting it from DCH Academy Honda - Old Bridge. If you do not want remote they will take it off for $200 credit.

And I think sedan prices were even cheaper.
  • Thanks for you help rickwjenn . I will be getting it in silver with dark interior.
  • Hi everyone,
    First let me thank everyone for posting their advice. I recently purchased an 09 Accord EX in Northern California. I haven't seen a bunch of posts from CA so I thought I would add to the discussion. Here is the breakdown on my Accord:

$22,000 + TTL

I used the 3.9 financing (purchased on 1/4.) The dealer didn't have a Silver EX auto on their lot so they traded with another dealer. My car came with wheel locks, mud guards and a trunk mat. Hopefully this will help someone as the other posts here helped me. Also, I would stay away from Tracy Honda. Their lot was three deep in cars and wouldn't deal at all. I eventually walked out, called another dealer and had a deal within 10 minutes.
  • Dealer in Arlington, VA quoted me a price of $21,800 OTD for the Accord LX-P. Is this a good deal? I was expecting to pay between $20,000 - $21,000.
  • jwmsjwms Posts: 6
    In Northern VA I would check with a MD dealer as well because of the Processing Fee. I learned that MD dealers can only charge a $99 processing fee by law whereas VA dealers have no such law. That alone is worth $200-300 bucks in savings by going across the river.

Also I got the best OTD price which included tax, tags, registration from a MD dealer.

If you want to stay in VA then you may want to check with the Internet Manager down at Pohanka in Fredricksburg, VA. He gave me a very good price as well and knowing how car sales work what one dealer can give today may be different tomorow so get yourself as many quotes as possible.
  • Jitendra1 - the Accord Coupe looks awesome in Silver - nice choice!
  • Hi: I am curious how you have liked the first week of your new Accord. Are you happy with the blue color, gas mileage and driving comfort?
  • dotnkbdotnkb Posts: 1
    I would like to know what people think about their Accord Coupe. Best color? gas mileage? satisfied with interior? major problems? viewing angles (i haven't driven one yet but i hear the coupe has somewhat annoying viewing angles...)?
    Jitendra1 - For the 09 Accord SedanV6 EX-L w/Navi, I was quoted $26,866...which is $1000 from invoice at DCH - Old Bridge incl the remote start...

How r u proceeding with u r deal for the Coupe? Do u think there is an opportunity to make them go a bit lower?
  • cosmo15cosmo15 Posts: 17
    I just received this quote for an accord ex-l V6 from DCH Honda NJ. What do you guys think?

For the 2009 Honda Accord EXL V6 NAV Sedan;

MSRP: $30905 +$670 Destination

Your price $26502 +670 Destination, Tax, MV Fees & $249 Documentation Fee

You may also want to consider the 2009 Honda Accord EXL V6 Sedan;

MSRP: $28705 +$670 Destination

Your price $24564 +$670 Destination, Tax, MV Fees & $249 Documentation Fee
    Cosmo15 - Your quotes are from DCH Honda in Paramus?

Price is almost $1400 below invoice...