Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• player98player98 Posts: 54
    If you want to know what your monthly payment includes go to the payment calculator in edmunds. you punch in some numbers and you should get a number. this will calculate taxes for you just change your other fees because the ones it calculates are usually wrong. we dotn know what your tax is so nobody can tell you for sure. just put the numbers in the online calculator and it's easier
    Also doesnt out the door mean all charges including TTL and other fees.
  • jwboothjwbooth Posts: 27
    My mistake - I now realize that "out the door" was the wrong term.

Tax in NV is 7.75% ( but I see the tax that was put on my estimate amounts to 7.87% for some reason - perhaps miscalculation).

I did not include tax in my total figure, as this varies from state to state and I wanted people to be able to compare the deal I was offered to other deals and give me feedback as to whether it's a good or bad price, and adding in the tax would confuse the issue.

I see that the salesperson left the vehicle licensing fee off of the price quote.

The main thing is that I was offered a 2009 Accord Sedan Automatic 4cyl EX-L with Nav for $25,215, not including TTL. Extra charges include a $399.50 Doc Fee.
    Good? Bad? Can I do better? By how much?

Thanks.
  • alamocity- Yes, you're right, it was 6.25%. For some reason I kept thinking it was 6.5%.

Sooner_chot- No, I got the EX model, with the cloth interior. I don't like leather. I went to the Honda dealer in McKinney.

pembriar- The dealership in San Antonio said they would drop $3 grand off the EX-L V6, but I'm sure I could've talked them down a little more than that. It really helps to keep walking out the door whenever you don't like the number they offer you!
  • I have seen the adds for the 2.9% and 3.9% but have read that some people have received 0% or the first payment was free. How was this done?

was pre-approved on the AHFC website, but didnt get anything else.
  • postmortempostmortem Posts: 15
    0% finance means they were overcharged about $1,500 and above on car itself.
    first payment off is different deal, it is just a 'discount' where dealer increases car price for most of that one month payment.

no free lunch, everybody who thinks otherwise has been fooled.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Posts: 985
    Just received a great offer, no haggling at all, first email from Arrowhead Honda in Phoenix area. $25,738 or $1,455 under invoice ($45 tint makes up the difference between $1,500). I just don't know if I want to give up my 08 G35 to my wife since she does not like the Accords. Leasing terms could be better, $432 a month with first month's payment due.
  • mitchfloridamitchflorida Posts: 419
    Why would you trade a G35 for an Accord Coupe? I have a 99 Accord Coupe, but test drove the 09 version. It is heavy and not particularly fun to drive. Visibility wasn't that good either. If anything, I much prefer the sedan.
    I'm not trading a G35 for a Accord. I leased the G35 in August and it is the best car I have ever had in my life. My wife's IS250 is coming off lease and I was thinking about saving some money and getting an Accord Coupe. She hates the interior of the the coupe, so I would have to give her the G and I would drive the coupe. I hate the rear end of the Accord sedan, so the coupe is the only thing I would get. This is coming from a person that has leased three Accord sedans in the past.
  • koodakooda Posts: 4
    Hi All,

I have got the OTD (sale price + all fees and taxes) quote from three dealers EarnHardt, Arrowhead, and Showcase Honda (all in Phoenix, AZ) for 2009 Accord 4 Cyl EX-L with Navigation. These quotes include the manufacturer to dealer cash of $1500.

Showcase Honda: $28,400
    Arrowhead: $28700
    Earhardt: $29300

This is my first car buying experience and I know I am not a good negotiator. Need your advice and guidance about these prices. Please advise if someone bough a accord recently in Phoneix and if they have got a better deal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • koodakooda Posts: 4
    Hi Kingpcgeek,

Can you please forward the email to me? My email id is KoodaKarkat@yahoo.com

Thanks
  • pembriarpembriar Posts: 4
    Seeing all these great deals for 09 EX-L V6 , lower than CSR Bottom Line Prices. BUT... it seems CSR BL hasn't incorporated the $1,500 mfg-to-dealer , cuz if you did, you'd get a real killer deal. CSR BL still lists only $500+ dealer holdback.

For example:
    CSR BL for 09 EX-L V6 AT coupe: 26,950 invoice - 579 holdback = $26,371
    ...but if you subtract the $1500 (oddly not shown in CSR BL) , you get $24,871 .

Other examples:
    CSR BL --> 09 EX-L V6 AT coupe w/ nav: 28,983 inv - 623 holdback = $28,315
    MINUS 1500 = $26,815

CSR BL --> 09 EX-L V4 auto coupe: 24,736 - 530 = $24,206
    MINUS 1500 = $22,706

CSR BL --> 09 EX-L auto sedan: 24,645 - 528 = $24,117
    MINUS 1500 = $22,617

This CSR Bottom Line service is cool if you like to play with numbers, BUT you MUST keep up-to-date with the rebates/incentives listed here and incorporate them if CSR does not. Fun to check out different configurations. My concern is, does the $1500 cut into or replace the typically $500+ holdback listed, or is it fair to assume one can do $1500 + $500 and assume $2000+ total dealer cash? If the $1500 replaces the usual $500+, then of course my calculations are off.

Aside: I WAS shopping for a 09 Sedan EX-L manual, but those are so hard to find here in TX, and my situation's now changed such that I'm no longer looking...
  • vip2009vip2009 Posts: 2
    Bought above vehicle for $27,300.00 (Drive out price) in Atlanta,GA. Std equipment + sunroof visor + Mudguards + paint protector. 2.9% financing for 36 months. Is this a good deal?? Surprised that it does not include side moulding. Dealer asking extra $250/- for it. Debating about buying extended warranty...any suggestions/input about side moulding and warranty are welcome.
    I have sent the Arrowhead info to you. With regards to your deal people here can't evaluate an OTD price since every area's OTD means something else. You need to provide the selling price. If you are getting quoted around $1500 under invoice you are getting a good offer. Watch the dealer add-ons though. The Phoenix dealers love to throw on a bunch of worthless cr*p.

Living in the Phoenix area why in the world would you want to spend all of that extra money on Nav?
  • jay137jay137 Posts: 17
    This great site if you don't know anything. See how customers overpay for Accords.
    I'm of the opinion that the entries on here are by salesman who post because they have no customers. They have nothing but time on their hands. If these numbers were correct I could see how the sales people make over $100,000 a year.
  • thekashthekash Posts: 2
    picked up the 09 Accord coupe EX manual from landmark for 19,275+tax (MD 6%) +destination+appearance pkg+registration paperwork etc for 22480... I'm wondering if this was a fair deal? the price seemed great! but the total i'm a little off on... there was a 500-something appearance package that they wouldn't budge on! even after 3hrs of negotiating...

Loving the car though! handles and feels great!

pay too much though?
  • mitchfloridamitchflorida Posts: 419
    There is a dealer in Virginia where you could have gone to, but it is too late now, sorry.

You will always regret paying about $500 more than you needed to, but you would have had to drive a hundred miles to pick it up.
    Such an insightful post, thanks for participating. Its post like yours that make this forum a rich rewarding experience.
    Hi kooda,

Please post the sale price of the car, without the TTL.
    This will provide a means of comparison for me, as the TTL varies.

I was just quoted by an internet department in NV, for the same car, $25,215 not counting TTL - sale price for car only (including destination charge, NOT including Sales Tax, Title Fee, Documentation (Dealer) Fee, Vehicle Registration).

Also included is one of the ripoff "extras" packages, which I told them I wouldn't pay extra for so they're including it (which they should).
    It appears that this consists of - I think - Window Tint, Door Edge Guard, Splash Guard, Cargo Tray, Wheel Locks, External Appearance Protection), for which they try to rip off the customer for an extra $1600.

In general, it would be great if people would post the vehicle sales price, along with (if they wish) the out the door price which perhaps is helpful to people in the same community or state.
    Hi vip2009,

Can you post the vehicle sale price, NOT including TTL, so that I can compare.

For the sedan version of that car, but WITH Nav, I was quoted 27,172. This is vehicle sale price only, NOT including TTL. NOT including Pro Pack extras.

I don't know what the general price difference is for the same model but adding Nav.

(I posted above to kooda re: a 4 cylinder - I received quotes for both the 4 and the 6 cylinder, both Sedans with Nav).
    I was quoted 27,172 for the Sedan of the same car with Nav and with the pro pack - see my post above to kooda for details.

I don't know what the price difference is in general for the Sedan and Coupe versions.